Honesty among hackers

I usually count every stroke, though I'm in the camp who does it to track progress.

When the situation warrants it (typically some event with clients), I'll play from the back tees and more or less scramble, to keep up the pace of play and not be the only one hitting from the red tees. Then it's marketing.

I always play it as it lies and count all strokes (even drops and when I hit it O.B.). As was said, if you dont play by the rules, you arent playing golf...

Man Julie
I have a hard time remembering to write down the score sometimes
All that info would give me brain freese
As far as hazards all I remember is I hit into them and I wish I could find some balls that weren't wood magnets

I happen to have some of those water magnet golf balls. They always say "PRO V1" on the side. Huh.

It does not do me any good not to count a stroke so I count every one, and let me tell you I used to whiff a lot now I don't at all I used to hate to count the whiffs, in 4 years time they are non existent.

Whiffs suck! But they teach you not to try a stupid shot when your ball is under a bush!

Whiffs suck! But they teach you not to try a stupid shot when your ball is under a bush!

Yep they do except when a friend has one then they're hillarious

We used to say if you suck so bad you miss it we aren't gonna count it! LOL

I would Whiff Mike In the fairway being off balance not making sure my feet were set and just swinging too dang fast the club would hit the back of my neck LOL.

Luckily, I've never whiffed on the course. However, I have whiffed a few times on the range, when messing with something in my swing.

Oops. Range I meant.

-No mulligans ever.
-I'll take an occassional gimme if I'm sure I'd make it (1-2 footer).
-To speed play, I never take a provisional off the tee. I'll look for it and drop where it went out with the appropriate penatly.
-Lift, clean, and place if conditions dictate.

I do the same Grogger. I'll take a mulligan if I'm not keeping score.

Hubby would have you all raining brickbats at him. He kept me company on the red tees today (okay, that's where he belongs) and threatened to record his score as having played from the gold (senior) tees. Luckily, our (woman and man friendly) course rates all tees for both sexes, so he could post his score from the red tees.

Hubby would have you all raining brickbats at him. He kept me company on the red tees today (okay, that's where he belongs) and threatened to record his score as having played from the gold (senior) tees. Luckily, our (woman and man friendly) course rates all tees for both sexes, so he could post his score from the red tees.

"brickbats" ??? - boy, you pulled that one out of your . . . err, skort.

"brickbats" ??? - boy, you pulled that one out of your . . . err, skort.

I was wearing shorts today. Brickbats is a perfectly valid word. Hubby had this tendency to make up his own rules (on and off the course).

I was wearing shorts today. Brickbats is a perfectly valid word. Hubby had this tendency to make up his own rules (on and off the course).

Never said it wasn't valid. But who actually uses it.

Never said it wasn't valid. But who actually uses it.

Me. I have a big vocabulary, and I'm not afraid to use it. I can quote Gilbert & Sullivan extensively, too.

I havent taken a mulligan in years. I usually dont even pay attention to the other person, unless im playing for money. Same goes for gimmes, if there is money involved and someone gives me a 2 footer ill pick it up. But I definitely count every stroke, how can you cheat at a game that you play against yourself.

But Claire, does your information span the vegetable, animal, and mineral? I'll bet you do not know the kings of England and cannot quote the wars historical, neither from Marathon to Waterloo, nor in order categorical.

As to the thread topic, when I am playing for real, I do not knowingly violate any of the rules. But I rarely play for real -- I squeeze in 9 holes when I can, and course traffic allowing, I use those holes more as an opportunity for on-course practice (though I will usually try to play one ball tee to cup pursuant to the rules), sort of like a dress rehearsal toward the day life and fatherhood permit me to start playing golf for real again.

I've never turned in a scorecard for handicap purposes. Often some of my buddies and I will use the double-max rule with our individual bets. That way when we play in larger groups that have some low handicappers they don't have to wait for us to try and make a triple or whatever. We are all friends and play decent enough that we use the motto..."if you can't make a bogey or better you don't deserve to win the hole." Sometimes if darkness is approaching we may say you have to make a par to win the hole. This is usually after many holes of golf and many coolies. We also use the double-max rule in nassau's. We may not be playing "real" golf all the time but wwe always have a "real" good time. As a matter of fact Tour 2009 is coming up June 11th. Thats a golf trip with me and 11 or 12 buddies that we do every year. I can't wait!!!!!:blob::banana::alien2:

But Claire, does your information span the vegetable, animal, and mineral? I'll bet you do not know the kings of England and cannot quote the wars historical, neither from Marathon to Waterloo, nor in order categorical.

Oh, please...

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

Not to mention that

My name is John Wellington Wells
I'm a dealer in magic and spells
In blessings and curses
And ever-filled purses
In prophecies, witches, and knells

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry