I couldn't drive my ball 300 yards if I put it in my car.

lol. i think these guys who say they average 300 yards on their drives dont even realize how far that really is...once in a while, fine, but AVERAGE??? C'mon...

Ask amollerud about that. He is lower than that, but he can outdrive most. However RS, you got to witness Matty C at my club during the driver shoot out and he really does average 300. But he is the only one I see.

Ask amollerud about that. He is lower than that, but he can outdrive most. However RS, you got to witness Matty C at my club during the driver shoot out and he really does average 300. But he is the only one I see.

oh i know there are a few that can, and yes, i have seen them do it. however, it just seems like the vast majority of guys on the forums (not this one) AVERAGE 300 yards off the tee. when in reality, its a very small percentage who can actually AVERAGE that

You got that right.

oh i know there are a few that can, and yes, i have seen them do it. however, it just seems like the vast majority of guys on the forums (not this one) AVERAGE 300 yards off the tee. when in reality, its a very small percentage who can actually AVERAGE that

Even a 260-270 average is a big number. Hell I have no problem admitting my average is probably right around 220. Sure I can get it out to 245-250 at times but not all that often. Then will follow that up with some really crappy 185 yd drive:confused2:

i thought everyone drove the ball 300 yards on AVERAGE and hit their PW 150 yards? they do on all the other forums!

Rocket Sauce, not only do I hit my drives 300 yards (on a bad day), but I'm +2 from the tips. I think I've also mentioned that I'm a supermodel.

But sort of back on topic--it's nice to see I'm not the only one relatively longer with irons than woods. Something to work on this year.

I am weird here. My distances space out strangely- here are a couple to give you an idea. It must just be something with my swing.

Driver- 280ish- if I really smack one I can get 300 out of it but not reliably
3 Iron- 205ish
5 Iron- 175- 180
7 Iron- 155-160
9 Iron 130ish
PW- 115
52- 85, but 75 comfortably
58- 65 at the longest

My distances taper off a lot. I can hit them longer, but that is the farthest I can hit them with accuracy. It doesn't concern me- I hit my irons high and either soft or with decent spin throughout because they all check up- holding greens isn't an issue, it's just something odd I have noticed.

1 Bubba Watson 313.80
2 Robert Garrigus 306.30
3 Gary Woodland 306.20
5 Angel Cabrera 303
4 Brandt Jobe 303.10
8 Nick Watney 303
6 Scott Piercy 302.30
7 Dustin Johnson 302.20

Latest PGA averages and these 7 are the only ones to average over 300 yards.

I can only hit 300 yards if there is water 250 yards to the left.

I don't want to sound like a tool but 140 doesn't sound all that long for an 8 iron...average maybe but not long.

I don't want to sound like a tool but 140 doesn't sound all that long for an 8 iron...average maybe but not long.

It's a matter of perspective...

You're a pretty low handicapper, part of a very small demographic of the greater golfing community, and you likely play with folks who are also accomplished golfers.

For an average schlub, that plays once a month or so, and plays to a 30 handicap, a 140yd 8 iron is pretty darned good.

my iron distances are pretty normal, but feel that i'm not getting enough distance out of my driver or 3wood.

Driver -250 (carry)
3W- 230
3H- 200
4H- 190
5i- 175
6i- 165
7i- 155
8i- 145
9i- 135
PW-120
GW-100
55*-75
60*-50

If you are carrying 250 with a driver you are getting quite a lot of distance. That is great when factoring it with your other distances.

Jimmy I don't see any alarming gaps, looks fine to me.

i think my real issue is that i'm only getting 5-10 yards of roll and maxing out my driver at usually 260.

i think my real issue is that i'm only getting 5-10 yards of roll and maxing out my driver at usually 260.

Five yards of roll is a little strange...what do you have, a 25* driver? :p

That can be more about the course your playing or the shaft in your club than anything else. You may want to ask our teaching professional in the ask the pro section for advice.

We get less than that at my course almost all the time.

nope 10* Callaway FT-i regular flex stock shaft

That can be more about the course your playing or the shaft in your club than anything else. You may want to ask our teaching professional in the ask the pro section for advice.

We get less than that at my course almost all the time.

DAMN...that's crazy. Even when I don't hit it solid, I'll get 20 yds of roll here.

Do you have your launch numbers?

Do you have your launch numbers?

Sorry ActionJackson don't have any launch numbers.....I don't really pay attention to those numbers when hitting into the simulator.

at last check swing speed was about 95 mph

Sorry ActionJackson don't have any launch numbers.....I don't really pay attention to those numbers when hitting into the simulator.

at last check swing speed was about 95 mph

Yeah I'd be more worried about your launch angle and spin rates. What is your driver/shaft combo?

He already mentioned that AJ.

Back