Ping Anser Adjustable Driver Preview

I know what JB stated and he just seemed down on the driver...unimpressed. I guess I missed your comments on the driver. Interesting enough, it seems like the Ping guys are a bit more down on the driver than the non Ping guys. This is making me think I should try the other Ping drivers or wait and see what they come out with in the fall.

Oddly enough the only thing I remember about you in this thread is some comments about sky marks being made..........:bashful: Ha!

Haha darn interesting shots! I actually like the driver. It just didn't blow me away. If I were in the market, it would be on the hit list

Due to this comment I shall speculate that there must be a K20 coming out soon...

Tapping till 12-21-2012

You don't know me very well

You don't know me very well

I know (word of mouth) that you smoke a set of shovels... It's all I need to know. K20 will be built for you.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I know (word of mouth) that you smoke a set of shovels... It's all I need to know. K20 will be built for you.

Ping must be skipping the 20 number and jumping straight to 913.

Ping must be skipping the 20 number and jumping straight to 913.

Haha now this is a man that knows me!!

Jeeze. I knew what you were talking about. I remember you loving that 910 to death. Once the 913 comes out you should go to a PING fitter and hit it against a good Anser setup for you. I think the Anser will blow it out. Then again maybe you should try the i20. :wink: In other news, after this morning's range session of Anser, Classic, i20 musical chairs I think that the Anser might've been an extraneous purchase. It's like the i20's twin with the Ahina shaft in it. A touch more forgiving but not any useable forgiveness for me really as the i20 has plenty. I dunno. It might be short lived. We'll see.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Haha now this is a man that knows me!!

Home slice!

Jeeze. I knew what you were talking about. I remember you loving that 910 to death. Once the 913 comes out you should go to a PING fitter and hit it against a good Anser setup for you. I think the Anser will blow it out. Then again maybe you should try the i20. :wink: In other news, after this morning's range session of Anser, Classic, i20 musical chairs I think that the Anser might've been an extraneous purchase. It's like the i20's twin with the Ahina shaft in it. A touch more forgiving but not any useable forgiveness for me really as the i20 has plenty. I dunno. It might be short lived. We'll see.

I knew you were in the know Colt, just giving you some ribbing heh.

So far, that's what I've seen from most of the Anser line. So close to the i20 that I can't see the point. The driver is actually the only one that I feel offers up a bit more heel to toe forgivness for users which seems to be a good selling point. Missing horizontally seems rarer then laterally.

I knew you were in the know Colt, just giving you some ribbing heh.

So far, that's what I've seen from most of the Anser line. So close to the i20 that I can't see the point. The driver is actually the only one that I feel offers up a bit more heel to toe forgivness for users which seems to be a good selling point. Missing horizontally seems rarer then laterally.

I agree for the most part. The i20 hybrid is head and shoulders above the Anser hybrid IMHO. I feel that my greatest benefit from the Anser line is the fairway. Devilishly long just like the i20 but with a lot more face on it to hit.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

How much you want to sell it for? :bashful:

I like the look of the head but I could care less about adjustable features.

How much you want to sell it for? :bashful:

Not so fast. It's still a possible keeper. Plus it's sexy. That makes it an instantaneous shoe end for hoardability.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

WTT?!?!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Think someone just assumed it was a thread about the putter line?

Calm yourself Colt haha

Think someone just assumed it was a thread about the putter line?

Calm yourself Colt haha

I see no pictures of putters in here. He said it was sweet looking. I say we drop some knowledge on the many wonderful differences between putters and drivers. :D

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I see no pictures of putters in here. He said it was sweet looking. I say we drop some knowledge on the many wonderful differences between putters and drivers. :D

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Think he may have done a little skimming.

Though I will hand over my mailing address if you ever want to rid that Anser. Then we could drop mad knowledge :D

Think he may have done a little skimming.

Though I will hand over my mailing address if you ever want to rid that Anser. Then we could drop mad knowledge :D

No way Ghost!!! This putter is mine!!

Went to Edwin Watts today with the intent to buy the Ping Anser Driver today. I took my G20 to compare my stats with. I could not hit this driver. I tried several different shafts, lofts and still could not hit this as well as my G20. While I was there, I tried the I20 and smoked all my shots. I was hitting this better than the Anser and G20. I bought the I20 9.5 in Project 5.5 shaft. All my shots had a nice baby draw.

Went to Edwin Watts today with the intent to buy the Ping Anser Driver today. I took my G20 to compare my stats with. I could not hit this driver. I tried several different shafts, lofts and still could not hit this as well as my G20. While I was there, I tried the I20 and smoked all my shots. I was hitting this better than the Anser and G20. I bought the I20 9.5 in Project 5.5 shaft. All my shots had a nice baby draw.

Agreed. I hit it again today and it's just not up to par with the i20 and g20 imo. Those are two of the best drivers PING has ever released.

Agreed. I hit it again today and it's just not up to par with the i20 and g20 imo. Those are two of the best drivers PING has ever released.

I think the Anser, after hitting mine for a few days, is absolutely on par with the i20. Is it any better? Nope. As I stated in my earlier post I feel like I might've just made an extraneous purchase because I feel like the Anser is in every way (launch numbers, distance and dispersion wise) a clone of the i20. It may be a tad more forgiving but doesn't sound quite as good, and has a little larger footprint. It's up in the air righ now as to which I keep...

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Back