Ping G20 Shaft Options

pogo-stix

Reaction score
Handicap
My question is this. I have been fitted for Ping G20 and the recommendations are as follows;

Hand Options
Right Handed

Set Composition
3-PW

Shaft Options - Available Flexes in (R,S)
CFS (SR, R, S, X) (STD)

Flex Options
Soft Regualr Flex

Shaft Length
+0.25"

Cushin Insert Options
ADDED

Grip Options
Ping ID8

Grip Thickness Options
White

Lie Angle Options
Green Spot +2.25

Loft Angle
Standard Loft

Shaft Stepping Options
Not Required

Now I can upgrade to the Project X / Rifle 5.0, Project X / Rifle 5.5, Project X / Rifle 6.0 or Project X / Rifle 6.5 but have no idea as it was not an option when I was being fitted accept Soft Regualr Flex would be best for me.

I have heard Project X shafts are good, however can I ask advise on whether I should upgrade to one of these playing off 24?

Honest question. If you were fit for a shaft that gave you proper flight, why change it? And if you were to change it, why did you go through the fitting? Really genuinely curious.

Honest question. If you were fit for a shaft that gave you proper flight, why change it? And if you were to change it, why did you go through the fitting? Really genuinely curious.

Becuase like I said, the option on an alternate shaft was not available, it was done on nflight and spat out their std shafts?

So my question still exists. The shaft fitting gave you optimum results right? Isn't that what we are all looking for? Or was it that it did not give you optimum flight and it was the best out of a bad bunch?

So my question still exists. The shaft fitting gave you optimum results right? Isn't that what we are all looking for? Or was it that it did not give you optimum flight and it was the best out of a bad bunch?

I believe what he is trying to say is since he did not even have the chance to try the other shafts, how does he know the CFS shaft IS the right shaft. Same thing happened to me. I was only given one shaft to hit. For all I know, all he was checking was my swng speed. My advice would be to go back and ask to bit another shaft before you order. This way you will remove all doubts. Those doubts will hurt your game if you let it. Or cost you lots of money.

I believe what he is trying to say is since he did not even have the chance to try the other shafts, how does he know the CFS shaft IS the right shaft. Same thing happened to me. I was only given one shaft to hit. For all I know, all he was checking was my swng speed. My advice would be to go back and ask to bit another shaft before you order. This way you will remove all doubts. Those doubts will hurt your game if you let it. Or cost you lots of money.

Because its about numbers. If the numbers all fit, its the right shaft during the fitting. A fitting is objective results. It sounds to me as if he wants subjective results which would then involve opinions.

Because its about numbers. If the numbers all fit, its the right shaft during the fitting. A fitting is objective results. It sounds to me as if he wants subjective results which would then involve opinions.

I had no idea that a question would cause such a stir. TMElectric you are correct and for the record I do not think the Pro had different shafts, just based the results on the standard shafts.

This is why I am asking the question about Porject X shafts, as if there is a very close match to the Ping CFS then I may benefit from a superir shaft...

I had no idea that a question would cause such a stir. TMElectric you are correct and for the record I do not think the Pro had different shafts, just based the results on the standard shafts.

This is why I am asking the question about Porject X shafts, as if there is a very close match to the Ping CFS then I may benefit from a superir shaft...

I think you might be a bit misinformed. Calling the Project X a "superior" shaft isn't exactly correct. the Ping CFS may be the best shaft on the market for you. the Nflight reccomended the CFS so if you want to go with the shaft best fit for you than the CFS would be the logical choice IMO

No stir at all, just focus on my goals, which is to make sure everybody gets correct information and has all the knowledge needed to educate themselves.
And I certainly would not call one shaft superior over the other. It is simply a matter of which shaft better fits the person swinging it.

I am sitting at an airport now trying to get an earlier flight to make it to the NC outing so forgive spelling. I want to clarify something here. JB is correct in what he is saying. Your numbers were good with what you hit so the fitter didn't give you an option. That is probably the right thing to do. But for tinkerers like myself, it causes doubt. Everytime I went into a golf store and saw a used club in another shaft, I hit it well. This always made me wonder if my shafts were correct. It has taken me several sets of irons, drivers, etc. etc. for me to remove those doubts and realize my fitter was correct. So you see, JB is just trying to cut to the chase here and make you realize that your shafts should be correct for you.

The CFS shafts are great for me. My project X shaft is great in my driver for me. I just wished I had removed some of thise doubts earlier so I could enjoy my golf from the start of the season. I finally know now that I can hit other peoples clubs, used clubs at stores better for just a few swings. Once you buy that club, it now acts like all my other clubs and actually depends on a proper swing all the time.

CFS shafts would be more comparable to dynamic golds and not really at all similar to Project X.

So this is kind of weird. What did they fit you for exactly? Stock shaft flex and lie angle?

CFS shafts would be more comparable to dynamic golds and not really at all similar to Project X.

So this is kind of weird. What did they fit you for exactly? Stock shaft flex and lie angle?

The fitted me for everything, took all sorts of measurements like hand size etc... hit a few ball from a board with tapem on bottom of club and the pro suggested what i have posted above.

Thnks to everyone who has posted, as like some the doubt sets in when another option is available. Which I suppose is good marketing...

The fitted me for everything, took all sorts of measurements like hand size etc... hit a few ball from a board with tapem on bottom of club and the pro suggested what i have posted above.

Thnks to everyone who has posted, as like some the doubt sets in when another option is available. Which I suppose is good marketing...

The only option is the best option. From the sounds of it the fitter has you dialed into your best option. Trust it.

Keep in mind if you were fitted for Soft Regular, you probably do not want to go with anything in the Project X line. They are markedly stiffer shafts than other brands, even at the 5.0, which is a true regular. I plays KBS Tour Stiff now, which would be similar in flex to Projext X 5.5. 5.5 is a firm regular, 5.0 is a regular.

BTW, I bagged the i20s with the CFS shafts before. They are great great great shafts. In no way inferior to DG or Project X. Ping puts a lot of time and energy into their stock shaft offerings. You should go with the CFS's at the recommended flex. Plus there's no upcharge.

Back