What Kind Of Car Do You Drive Thread

whoa, that was a cool video. was the Tundra the one with the bed going crazy?

That was a sweet video, i'm surprised the Tundra doesn't have bad body damage from the twisting of the bed.

Yep. It scared the hell out of me when I went down the course last summer. The damned doors and dashboard were flexing and vibrating in the damned truck, I thought it was going to fall apart.

And in Toyota's defense, they are brand new to the full-size truck market with the new Tundra (the older ones didn't really compete with Ford/Chevy/Dodge). I expect that when they redesign it next it will be beefed up a LOT with what they learned this time around, and I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to improve on Dodge's coil-spring rear suspension and have it capable of still carrying the heavier payloads and towing capacity that the new Dodge lacks.

No, Chevy's new truck is damned good. The only mistake they made on the 2008 redesign was aiming to be better than the Tundra with it instead of shooting for the best period. It's the second strongest frame & build on the market, and the new engine is a beast that they put in it.

dang, my daily driver is a Tundra, lol...

3195763682_edf47b6c78.jpg

You'll be fine RS, as long as you don't drive it over continous speed bumps at high speed for a quarter mile.haha

Chevy has always been #1 in my opinion, of course that is just my opinion so it doesn't really matter.

I loved my 2004 F150, and the only reason I went with a Chevy this time was because I couldnt find one at any dealer with a sunroof that wasnt one of the special editions. I special ordered my 2004 and didnt feel like ordering another one. My main problem with Fords are the accessories, unless they changed it you couldnt get a digital thermometer with the XLT, you had to step up to the FX4. The Ford is a way more rugged truck, but Chevy has them beat as far as interior comfort goes.

You'll be fine RS, as long as you don't drive it over continous speed bumps at high speed for a quarter mile.haha

Chevy has always been #1 in my opinion, of course that is just my opinion so it doesn't really matter.

yeah, i bought it new in 02 and havent had a single problem with it yet. i dont go offroading or anything but ive hauled some heavy boats and trailers without any problems....

This is really just a rhetorical question, but why does everyone seem to need a pickup truck?

So I don't end up looking like that clown with a mattress strapped to the top of my car and 2x4's sticking out the window.
stupidity.jpg

So I don't end up looking like that clown with a mattress strapped to the top of my car and 2x4's sticking out the window.

How often do you transport mattresses and lumber?

I don't haul mattresses around very often, but every time I see someone driving down the road like that it makes me laugh. I use my truck for hunting and fishing as well, plus hauling other peoples crap around because they don't have a truck to haul it in.

It's just that living here in darkest suburbia, the biggest load most people haul is a cub scout troop. Parents tend to object to their kids riding around in open truck beds. Yukons seem to be the weapon of choice.

It's just that living here in darkest suburbia, the biggest load most people haul is a cub scout troop. Parents tend to object to their kids riding around in open truck beds. Yukons seem to be the weapon of choice.

I live in the sticks, although strangely enough, they don't let kids ride around in the beds of trucks anymore either. I can remember when I was a kid we rode down the highway in the back of my dad's truck.:confused2:

We have the SUV base covered as well, my wife drives a Dodge Durango. She wanted a Suburban but I figured that was overkill since there is only four of us.

This is really just a rhetorical question, but why does everyone seem to need a pickup truck?

'Cause there's somethin' women like about a pickup man.

'Cause there's somethin' women like about a pickup man.

Yeah. Someone they can call to help them move, and then never call again.

BTDT.

I have 3. My driver:

2007 Ford F150 FX4 - Silver

My Toy:

2007 Chevy Corvette Convertible - White, Beige top, beige Int.

My Wifes:

2008 Lexus GX 470 - Pearl White, Beige int - Crappiest car of the bunch!

My Toy:

2007 Chevy Corvette Convertible - White, Beige top, beige Int.

For some reason I read that as Chevy Chevette Convertible. I was confused.

2008 Lexus GX 470 - Pearl White, Beige int - Crappiest car of the bunch!

I'll be happy to take that crappy one off your hands. And I won't even charge you!

I have a 2006 Acura TSX. I've never regretted the purchase. The only downside is when I have family in town, it's kind of cramped in the back seat (even though it's a four door).

Yeah. Someone they can call to help them move, and then never call again.

BTDT.

Gotta find the right women Harry. Either that or make sure they have a truck too!

Okay, I went through most of this thread and have concluded that I drive the oldest and crappiest car here......But it starts and gets me there every day(knocks on wood)

As soon as you can show me where the Tundra is better built or more capable then I might believe it. I've seen the two trucks torn down to their bare frame side-by-side. Tundra doesn't use a fully boxed frame, and doesn't through-weld it's crossmembers. The bed bolts are tiny compared to what the F-150 uses. Suspension control arms are much smaller and nowhere near as robust vs the F-150. Plus it has less payload and towing capacity than the F-150, with a bigger engine. :confused2:
I look at the projected cost of ownership. The Tundra has lower cost of ownership and fewer documented problems.
Fords are known for the sparkplugs shooting out of the cylinder heads on the 2-valve motors, for the sparkplugs breaking when you try to remove them on the 3-valve motors and for balljoints that dont last. Not to mention all the electrical gremlins that plauge Fords.
Not that the Tundra is perfect either, but the Fords are far from perfect.
While I respect your opinion, lets not forget that you work for Ford.
Osahar, lets just agree to disagree on this one.

Okay, I went through most of this thread and have concluded that I drive the oldest and crappiest car here......But it starts and gets me there every day(knocks on wood)
That is all that matters. As long as it gets you where you wanna go, its all good. At least you dont have car payments! :D

Back