Miura Wedge Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Review... I am about to be in the market for a couple of new wedges.

• Admin
Dont forget to read our review on the Nickent Arc Wedges then.

• Admin
Thanks for all of the PM's guys. These clubs were a joy to review. And I wanted to add, thanks to Tincup Tampa for joining us on day 1 of the testing.

Thanks for the review - Interesting findings..

• Admin
rcn,
It was rather interesting to see that although the club has amazing softness and feel. I actually preferred my current wedges. I like the extra weight at the club head to drive through the ball.

nice review again jb. it sounds like these wedges are really awesome, but maybe a little on the light side? i too like the heavier head to drive through the ball but then again i havent really had any wedges accept nike and vokey. if i ever find a well priced miura head on ebay i might pick it it. i think the nickents are my new choice though, if not callaway tour c grinds

• Admin
I have the Nickents in my bag and the Miura is not replacing them right now.

ya thats what i thought. it sounds like the feel lived up to if not surpassed expectations, but it was just a little different from common american made wedges

You hit the nail on the head AK. the feel is amazing. They are the softest wedges I have ever hit.

The wedge worked very well for me on the fairway today and even out of the rough around the green. But out of the sand it was not what I like. I prefer the Arc Wedge.

Bring this back up...I have been eyeing the Miura black gap wedgey and am on the fence of snagging one...I', going to the 52/58 setup (or close to those*'s) ASAP...How versatile was this?
And no, no time to wait for the BIG review!!!!

WHile I liked the Miura's when I tried them, I just did not think they were that much different. MO has had many rounds with it and can answer better than I can, But while we liked it, our testers did not see that much difference.

Thanks Josh.
I just can't kick the Japan wedge fever for some reason!

You had a great Japanese wedge and it did not work for you. Why will this one work better?

Not saying it will, but ya never know.

Yeah I do...In this case I know...hehe

I was all ready to order one of the Eidolons, but then read one of his articles that said the leading edge was higher bounce, with the middle and rear being low bounce. THing is, in gap I need really low bounce leading edge for my course and how I want to use it.

That is the point of the Eidolons. You can change the bounce to suit just about every shot. I have yet to find a shot they will not hit.

Have them send me a demo:D

I like the complete lack of offset- seems like it would be nice for the short game shots.

Thanks Josh.
I just can't kick the Japan wedge fever for some reason!

Well my announcement should be coming soon, but my wedges I am releasing are made by a well know japanese forging company. I would have loved to have gotten them in the shootout but everything is still not done yet.

I hope to make the announcement here soon, and yes we have our USGA approval already for the coming years.

SSB, tell us a little more man!

Still haven't pulled the trigger on the Miura yet.
Did pick up a used Bridge copper WC gap. Very nice wedge. THP was right on those. But, still need something in tyhe 8 or below bounce on this club, thus Miura is one of the few I've found with low, low bouncing bottom bouncers.

SSB, tell us a little more man!

Still haven't pulled the trigger on the Miura yet.
Did pick up a used Bridge copper WC gap. Very nice wedge. THP was right on those. But, still need something in tyhe 8 or below bounce on this club, thus Miura is one of the few I've found with low, low bouncing bottom bouncers.

Well it is pretty well known Japanese forging company that does all of their forgings in house, not farmed out like some others. There are four different models. The Gap wedges are all 8* of bounce with one being 7*. They will be complete clubs, offered with the KBS tour shafts. There are chrome finish, black finish, and a "NEW" metal with a high concentration of Brass for an extra soft feel. Being a japanese forging and having the KBS tour shaft they will not be cheap, but around the price of a Miura or scratch wedge.

I have seen where this companies irons and wedges have been touted as better feeling than Miura or Scratch. Now feel is very subjective but I love the couple I have here with me.

I hope to be doing irons as well in the future. I will release more info shortly once our agreements are in place and I have the go ahead.

Back