PSA: Toll House cookie dough recalled, linked to E. coli

Cheesecake? Did someone say cheesecake?

Hubby does a better cheesecake than I do. Ever try Indian pudding? Or does that not make it out that far west? Steamed pudding with lots of cornmeal and molasses. I can never seem to get it to set.

Cream cheese is magic.

:quiet:

:quiet:.

All this talk about cookies and cakes made me want to bake. So I made a chocolate chip banana bread this morning. So far it looks good, I just hope it tastes good too. This picture isn't the greatest since I took it with my phone.

569686236_vT83H-M.jpg

That looks awesome, cell phone quality picture or not.

Thanks WSE. I just had a taste and it's pretty good. I think I could tweek it a little but overall I am pretty happy with it. The true test will be when JB tries it. He is very critical so if he likes it I am happy. If not it's back to the drawing boards.

As if.

Good for you, GG. I suppose I should make Hubby rice pudding for dinner tonight (it's his favorite), now that wen're not eating at the club. However, there's four kinds of ice cream in the house.

Thanks Claire. He seemed to like it too so that is good. He thought it had too much banana flavor but I thought it was just right. All in all I believe it was a success.

Pffffft. All talk.

I DARE you.

The gauntlet is thrown. En garde!

I DOUBLE-DOG DARE you.

I, Harold V. Longshanks, do hereby apologize and retract any comments, express or implied, that I may have made, whether intentionally or unintentionally, regarding the ability or willingness of one Claire F. Clare to prepare and/or provide delicious baked goods in the form of small cakes made from stiff, sweet dough rolled and sliced, or dropped by spoonfuls, on a large, flat pan and baked (hereinafter, "cookies"). My comments were made in haste and without thinking, and I truly regret any pain I may have caused to Ms. Clare or her family.

Spoiler
CfCCookies.jpg

Notice he didn't exactly say that TO me. They do not contain cream cheese, so Harry's sticking with his threat.

Notice he didn't exactly say that TO me. They do not contain cream cheese, so Harry's sticking with his threat.

I felt that a completely public statement was the far more humiliating option.

EDIT: Besides, the logical center of my brain had been short-circuited by sugar, butter, and coco.

I felt that a completely public statement was the far more humiliating option.

EDIT: Besides, the logical center of my brain had been short-circuited by sugar, butter, and coco.

1. Public humiliation (of someone other than me) is always a good thing.
  2. It's spelled "cocoa."
  3. Notice how the circles on Chewy's sweater make him look like a big, fuzzy cookie?

Back