Miura Passing Point PP-9003

daddyg70

Reaction score
Handicap
Been awhile since I been on this forum but I would like to know if anybody plays Miura PP-9003. I just replaced my AP1 710 which is a much larger head and I play these a lot better. I got them second hand very slightly used and am hitting them well.

Just want to hear thoughts on people who demoed or have these in their bag. After much research, there are not too many on the boards who play these.

Thanks,
Greg

Dot have any experience with them but I'm looking to get the CB501s sometime next year. This doesn't help you but I figured I'd throw some Miura love back at cha! Can you post some pics?

I have hit the demo 7 iron on numerous occasions and my opinion is these are gorgeous clubs. They feel very soft and in my experience were extremely forgiving while still looking down at a very nice players looking iron. I've only hit them indoors sadly so I am not sure how the turn interaction is on grass but they felt like they grabbed on me a little. I am more of a sweeper and this could have been the mats. Overall though I loved them and would consider them if the price was in the ballpark of a normal set.

Wow this is an old thread...

I play to a 20 and these are my first set of forged irons. I picked them up from somebody who had TT Tour Issue and they were too stout for him. He decided to sell me the heads for $565 and since Miura said they were for ALL handicaps I had to pull the trigger. I had my KBS tours from my AP1s put into the Miuras and with new grips they were about $100+ per club. The lofts are 1* stronger than AP1s and the lies are 1* flatter than STD. I usually play 2* flat

Although the sole width and size is smaller than the AP1, I think the forgiveness comes in the offset. It appears the offset is the same. I love the feel when I hit them flush and I get decent feedback when I miss which I guess is a characteristic of a forged iron, I guess.

These are keepers and these are staying in the bag for a LOOONG time. I will post pictures this evening. Thanks for the replies thus far.

I play to a 20 and these are my first set of forged irons. I picked them up from somebody who had TT Tour Issue and they were too stout for him. He decided to sell me the heads for $565 and since Miura said they were for ALL handicaps I had to pull the trigger. I had my KBS tours from my AP1s put into the Miuras and with new grips they were about $100+ per club. The lofts are 1* stronger than AP1s and the lies are 1* flatter than STD. I usually play 2* flat

Although the sole width and size is smaller than the AP1, I think the forgiveness comes in the offset. It appears the offset is the same. I love the feel when I hit them flush and I get decent feedback when I miss which I guess is a characteristic of a forged iron, I guess.

These are keepers and these are staying in the bag for a LOOONG time. I will post pictures this evening. Thanks for the replies thus far.

They charged you $100 per club to reshaft them? Where did you go?

They charged you $100 per club to reshaft them? Where did you go?

$565 5-P Miura PP-9003 iron heads
$20 Red Tour Wrap 2G
$12 Custom Red/White striped ferrules
$90 Reshaft

Total=$687 5-P $114.50/club; you can add $12 a club if you want to include the KBS Tour shafts I bought off another website

I will not pay full price for these which I heard is about $200 plus a club so I am thankful I came across these.

Miura PP-9003 Pics

Miura PP-9003 Pics

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

They look good. If you have a photobucket account you can copy the image code.

Beautiful! I'd love to hit those and see how they perform!

Great looking sticks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They look great. Keep us posted on how they perform for you.

I bought a set of these late spring because it was an offer I couldn't refuse--pricewise. Mine had the i80 Aerotech shafts in them and I just loved the feel and look of them. Absolutely the most consistent, best feeling irons I have ever hit--on the days when my swing was on. The problem was that iron striking has always been the weak(est) link in my game and on the days when my swing was loose, I would just pay too steep a price for mishits. They are very forgiving for the size of them but my miss is out on the toe and the more forgiving Nike's work better for me. I am currently selling the set I had on the bay including the Secret Grips I had installed on them. I still have my wedges with the Secret Grips that I got here to test out and I'm sure I'll miss these when they are gone but I can't justify having that expensive set of irons just sitting around.

I bought a set of these late spring because it was an offer I couldn't refuse--pricewise. Mine had the i80 Aerotech shafts in them and I just loved the feel and look of them. Absolutely the most consistent, best feeling irons I have ever hit--on the days when my swing was on. The problem was that iron striking has always been the weak(est) link in my game and on the days when my swing was loose, I would just pay too steep a price for mishits. They are very forgiving for the size of them but my miss is out on the toe and the more forgiving Nike's work better for me. I am currently selling the set I had on the bay including the Secret Grips I had installed on them. I still have my wedges with the Secret Grips that I got here to test out and I'm sure I'll miss these when they are gone but I can't justify having that expensive set of irons just sitting around.

Yes, I agree they make you pay if you mishit them. I couldn't hit my 5 iron this past weekend. I realized afterwards I wasn't making a full backswing and couldn't stay down on the ball

A less forgiving iron does make me focus more on my irons a lot more on the range because when I hit these correctly, it's perfect! I have a tournament this Saturday and I may pull out the 5 iron and replace it with my 24* 910H just for the confidence factor.

Yes, I agree they make you pay if you mishit them. I couldn't hit my 5 iron this past weekend. I realized afterwards I wasn't making a full backswing and couldn't stay down on the ball

A less forgiving iron does make me focus more on my irons a lot more on the range because when I hit these correctly, it's perfect! I have a tournament this Saturday and I may pull out the 5 iron and replace it with my 24* 910H just for the confidence factor.

They are working great now! Had the lies flattened 2* from Mizuno standard according to my club fitter and modified my grip. Feels good!

Got fitted for these about a month back. I LOVE them. I am jealous of the price you paid for yours as they are definitely an expensive option.

I felt an immediate difference from my old burners and shot my personal best score within 4 rounds!

Just picked up the PP-9003 5-PW off ebay with Oban 83 regular shafts. Anyone still game these?

Here are a few photos:

PW

9e660b10-c476-4ece-a368-784d2d01f055_zps207bcf38.jpg

8 iron

20140414_150001_zpsk9qszmsm.jpg

6 iron

20140414_150007_zpsem0sklqe.jpg

PP-9003 and Apex....Apex in the front

20140414_163332_zpsfxtinnl4.jpg

Just picked up the PP-9003 5-PW off ebay with Oban 83 regular shafts. Anyone still game these?

Here are a few photos:

PW

9e660b10-c476-4ece-a368-784d2d01f055_zps207bcf38.jpg

8 iron

20140414_150001_zpsk9qszmsm.jpg

6 iron

20140414_150007_zpsem0sklqe.jpg

PP-9003 and Apex....Apex in the front

20140414_163332_zpsfxtinnl4.jpg

still game these and IMO the best irons ever! I saw yours on the bay and you got a good deal. Game them well!

Back