Brand new to golf and checking in- SE PA

Not sure if I'm ready to play with anyone yet. I'm 5 rounds into my golfing career and its pretty ugly so far!

Welcome to THP!

Don't worry about how long you've been playing. I went to my first THP Outing and Demo Day three months into my golfing career. I played hideous golf and had one of the best golfing times of my life. Getting together and hanging out with fellow THPers is a blast no matter your level of golf.

Again, welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't regret picking up golf, Welcome to THP!!!

Must have lost 30 balls today while I walked 13 holes. Biggest problem is I have no feel for where the ball goes after I hit it, especially with a driver. Into the sun, forget, I lost every ball....

Must have lost 30 balls today while I walked 13 holes. Biggest problem is I have no feel for where the ball goes after I hit it, especially with a driver. Into the sun, forget, I lost every ball....

Maybe since you are so new, try hitting only half shots with every club in the bag. One, it may teach you to strike the ball better. Two, it may help you in regards to tracking your ball, thus losing less (half swings won't go as far, and will potentially be on a better line, allowing you to find them easier). And third, will keep you from getting so frustrated from looking for balls/buying balls, that it keeps you in the game. If you are losing balls, it's costing you shots and money. Why not just go half way for a bit, until you get a feel for the game, and maybe build some confidence and save some money in the process?

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Don't worry about how you play. We sure don't it's suppose to be fun.

Back