Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

I'm looking for an upgrade for my 3W.
Before I'm going to test some, I've made the following shortlist:
Mizuno Titanium; (stock)Mitsubishi Fubuki shaft
TaylorMade R11S; (stock) Aldila Rip Phenom 70 shaft
Nike VR STR8-Fit; (stock??) Aldila Voodoo shaft

Can I go wrong with one of these? I'm looking for a 3W that's more accurate than my current Hippo boxed set Hiptec 3W. My average 3W distance from the tee is 200-220 yards. With one of the above I should gain some extra yards and hit more fairways, if I may believe the reviews. They are now on sale, so I will save some eurobucks.

Try an Amp 3W if you get a chance.

While your looking at the R-11, check out the RBZ, it's all that!

Budget max = €169,00 / $220,00
The RBZ exceeds that. The Cobra Amp will be added, thanks!

I really like my R11 which isnt much different than the R11s

I'll throw in a vote for you to try the RAZR FIT 3-wood. I love that club.

I would also try a Bridgestone J40 3,4 or 5 wood. Long, forgiving and extremely easy to hit off the deck! What type of ballflight are you looking for?

Everyone is going to suggest what they have in their bags...beyond that I would just go and hit everything possible and see what the numbers tell you.

Don't know if they're available around you, but the Cleveland Mashie line is pretty darn sweet. Easy to hit and can be had for very cheap compared to some other options. I'd at least give one a swing before choosing.

I hit the Mashie and Amp the best. I took the obvious choice per my taste. But it was $129 can't beat that

Hi,

I'm looking for an upgrade for my 3W.
Before I'm going to test some, I've made the following shortlist:
Mizuno Titanium; (stock)Mitsubishi Fubuki shaft
TaylorMade R11S; (stock) Aldila Rip Phenom 70 shaft
Nike VR STR8-Fit; (stock??) Aldila Voodoo shaft

Can I go wrong with one of these? I'm looking for a 3W that's more accurate than my current Hippo boxed set Hiptec 3W. My average 3W distance from the tee is 200-220 yards. With one of the above I should gain some extra yards and hit more fairways, if I may believe the reviews. They are now on sale, so I will save some eurobucks.
Ping G20 is pure money.

Everyone is going to suggest what they have in their bags...beyond that I would just go and hit everything possible and see what the numbers tell you.

HAHA. Great point Hanks. Still, try the J40 :)

For the price you're looking at, make sure you hit the Mashie.

True that.....having said that, in the last twelve months I've had:

R9
910Fd
G20
R11
RBZ

I can honestly say that I hadn't found a FW to match the R9 until I tried the RBZ. Long is an understatement - 2 drives with it last week that I measured at 275 and 261 metres! In yards that's about 302 and 287!

If you can find a hardly used one in the bay etc its be a great buy. At least go try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping is too expensive, Mashie is not available in the shops where I live.
I've found a nice deal for a Cobra AMP, now on sale for €159,00 / $205,00 at a shop close to where I work. Let's pay them a visit this week.

Budget max = €169,00 / $220,00
The RBZ exceeds that. The Cobra Amp will be added, thanks!

What about used? I have seen some used RBZ 3W for less than $220 (US). search around as there are some great deals to be had out there!

Used RBZ's are quite rare here (the Netherlands), and when you can find one, it will be almost the same price as a new one. Now the shops are clearing their stock your can get some nice deals.

The ball flight I'm looking for is a mid ball flight.

I tried to push the Tour Edge Trilogy 3 wood out of my bag with an R-11 but after 3 months of trying out the TM, I had to put the Trilogy back in.
It's a monster from the tee, fairway or rough. Give one a try.

I tried to push the Tour Edge Trilogy 3 wood out of my bag with an R-11 but after 3 months of trying out the TM, I had to put the Trilogy back in.
It's a monster from the tee, fairway or rough. Give one a try.

+1 on the TE Trilogy. Awesome club.

Can I go wrong with a Titleist 910F 3W? I've found a (hardly) used one at a golfshop (€149/$190).

Hit it and see what you think. I'd suggest hitting a few before you just leap in and buy. It always leads to buyer remorse

Back