Walk, Ride or Caddy?

I walk but don't carry, that's why push carts were invented.

I'm thinking to get one of those bag boys and walk it in the cool winter days for the exercise. I can't carry the bag for 18 but I bet I could push it. I looked at Sun Mountain but whoa...could buy a set of irons for that money.

I'm thinking to get one of those bag boys and walk it in the cool winter days for the exercise. I can't carry the bag for 18 but I bet I could push it. I looked at Sun Mountain but whoa...could buy a set of irons for that money.

I just gave my wife my 3 wheeled Bagboy after I picked up my Clicgear cart.
You can get a pretty decent Bagboy for $115 or so.

You could always get a pull cart. You can usually find those for about $30.

I can see how a caddy could help with reading greens, letting you know where is the better place to hit, how far you have to hit to avoid trouble, things like that, but club selection? Do they watch you on the range before the round? How do they know how far you can hit your clubs, normally? Or is giving you the yardage what people consider club selection?

When I've played with a good caddy - they usually have a very good sense of how I play by the 2nd hole.

Without a doubt when I walk the course, I'm lucky in the fact that one of my consistant playing partners doesn't like to walk so he'll drive the cart with my bag and I walk the course as much as I can. I take my Skycaddie and a few weapons this way I feel that I'm more focused then when I just ride along. The only sub 80 round I ever played was with a friend who doesn't play and he drove the cart and would bring me the club I wanted when required and I didn' ride for even one minute.

I would do that, but I'd probably hitch a ride between holes, especially the ones that are spread out.

Walking with a caddy is my norm but I'll do whatever the situation calls for.

I walk but don't carry, that's why push carts were invented.

I just looked at the Clic Gear cart at Golf Galaxy the other afternoon. To be honest, if I have to push that thing around, I had just as soon carry. I have been looking at one of the electric remote control bag trolleys. I think I would really like one of those.

I just looked at the Clic Gear cart at Golf Galaxy the other afternoon. To be honest, if I have to push that thing around, I had just as soon carry. I have been looking at one of the electric remote control bag trolleys. I think I would really like one of those.

I can't carry my bag as i would be hurting too bad after 9 holes much less 18. Broke my neck when I was 19, wore a halo brace for 3 months & for some reason that entire ordeal messed up my lower back. it's fine unless I aggravate it, which carrying a golf bag a long distance would surely do. I like my Clicgear quite a bit, folds up small so it doesn't take up much room & I love the obnoxious lime green color, just looks right ona golf course.

I can't carry my bag as i would be hurting too bad after 9 holes much less 18. Broke my neck when I was 19, wore a halo brace for 3 months & for some reason that entire ordeal messed up my lower back. it's fine unless I aggravate it, which carrying a golf bag a long distance would surely do. I like my Clicgear quite a bit, folds up small so it doesn't take up much room & I love the obnoxious lime green color, just looks right ona golf course.

Me too bro. Had a disc removed and if I challenge my spin vertically...I get messed up for about 2 weeks. Fortunately a horizontal challenge doesn't seem to bother me. Ha! So I can play golf! I saw those bagbuddies. Big foam filled tires and a good price. I'm gonna get me one. Anything I should know about Clicgear?

I have never understood why the $150-$275 3-wheel pushcarts are so much "better" than the $30 2-wheel pushcarts.

I have never understood why the $150-$275 3-wheel pushcarts are so much "better" than the $30 2-wheel pushcarts.

Could it be because the $30 2-wheel carts are actually pull carts.

The best part of my push cart is the wire basket.

It's like having a trunk. I don't mind carrying, but where do I put the headcovers, my jacket, the extra drink, etc. etc. etc.?

Could it be because the $30 2-wheel carts are actually pull carts.

Carp! What is up with me lately?!?! I did mean pull carts. :dohanim: Apparently, my fingers are taking on a life of their own and refusing instructions from my brain.

Also, to clarify, I didn't mean that I don't approve of push carts. I honestly am confused about why people think they are superior to pull carts.

Also, to clarify, I didn't mean that I don't approve of push carts. I honestly am confused about why people think they are superior to pull carts.

Easier on the shoulder.

I prefer to walk but most guys I golf with use carts, so I go with the flow. I find I'm completely ready for my shot when I walking I get the yardage on the way up to the ball, also planning the shot. Riding we're going to his ball, watching his shot, so I'm not completely focas on mine.
I do use a 3 wheel push cart so my shoulder doesn't stiffin up. Now on the diff between 3 vs. 2. A 2 you hav'ta always put a lil downward force with your arm or ya going to drag the thing.

Carp! What is up with me lately?!?! I did mean pull carts. :dohanim: Apparently, my fingers are taking on a life of their own and refusing instructions from my brain.

I'll give one a try. I just haven't yet. At a par 3 course my buddies girlfriend rented a Sun Valley 3 wheel push cart. It looked like a humvee push cart to me but I tried it and I was honestly amazed at how easy it was to push. Even up a hill. She is a tiny little thing and just loved it. I guess I need to experience a pull vart before I decide. Thanks Harry! I meant cart not vart. Well at least I didn't fat finger it and hit the F. Ha!

I definitely play better when I walk. There is just something about walking up behind your ball and visualizing your upcoming shot.

You can also push them ahead of you if you want to!

I actually like them because pushing is easier than pulling. And if you do by chance happen to be going up a steep hill, you can pull it instead.

The ones we have are a little more top heavy than I'd like (on a hill they can sometimes tip easier than a pull cart - - - back towards the handle, not side to side). But as long as you are aware, it's not a problem. You learn to park it better in those situations.

I ride due to physical constraints. I used to walk and carry, then walk and push, now I ride. Those who say they can't score as well riding just haven't done it enough to get used to the different flow of the game. I used to have the same mindset, but now I know that I can score just as well (or just as poorly) while riding as I did when I walked.

I've never played a course which has caddies available. In fact I couldn't even name a local course that offers them. :confused2:

Ride, because of My Cerebral Palsy That is all I will ever do my game probably is better for it one of the worst scenes in the world to me is seeing the fairways empty and people walking cause that means the course is too wet for carts, man do I get mad when it is like that, feel like a 5 yr old kid that was told to go to bed at 8:00 pm in the summer when it is still light and sun outside !!!

I definitely play better walking. I think each shot is treated as important that way, because the consequences of an off-line shot are that I have to walk way the heck over there to get it. Golf courses are a long walk as it is, I sure don't want to add a hundred yards to each hole by walking from side-to-side. It's one of the few times when laziness actually has positive results.

Welcome to THP Fourputt. Nice to see you again.

Back