Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice seeing Rays win their 6th in a row over Halladay.

Nice seeing Rays win their 6th in a row over Halladay.

Looks like they are heating up.
The Yankees picked up Eric Hinske from the Pirates today.

LOL, me and my friend a few weeks ago were joking about how Hinske has been on every AL East team BUT the Yankees...and now they got him.

Why we needed another OF? Beats me.

Well, Hinske can play 1st and 3rd and both of the corner outfield spots. With A Rod taking a game a week off, he will probably play there once a week. I think they are just preparing for that stretch run, you can never have enough of these guys. I think they should of kept Berroa around.

Hinske is a good utility guy to have. But him at 3rd base is a little scary.

Rays win again. That is 7 in a row and I believe 12 of 13.

Ken Rosenthal was talking on the radio this morning that the Angels are trying to put a huge deal together to land Dan Haren from the D Backs.
July is my favorite month for baseball.

Stupid Yankees.

Mariners beat the Yankees tonight. Yay!

Soxy, Mariners are headed to Beantown next . . .

Looks like the Rays trade for pitcher Jonathan Meloan. This kid was one of the top prospects in the Dodgers system until they traded him for Blake. Should be a nice addition to their bullpen.

Every division beats each other up. The AL West is tuff, the Mariners have won 7 of their last 10 and just took 2 of 3 from the best team in baseball. The NL west has 3 teams over 40 wins in a division with the best pitching in baseball.

Gasman you're dead on about the pitching. Though my Giants and your Dodgers are mortal enemies I'll put their staffs against any 2 other teams in the bigs. Lincecum is FILTHY!!:clapp:

Agreed those two staffs are outstanding. It is the rest of the division that is average at best.

The kid should help a steadily improving bullpen.

Gasman you're dead on about the pitching. Though my Giants and your Dodgers are mortal enemies I'll put their staffs against any 2 other teams in the bigs. Lincecum is FILTHY!!:clapp:

For sure, Lincecum is a stud but I have a feeling Billingsley is going to take the CY Young this year. Do you think the Giants make a run at Matt Holliday before the trade deadline?
Agreed those two staffs are outstanding. It is the rest of the division that is average at best.
All im saying is that 8 of the last 10 NL Cy young awards have come out of the NL West. As opposed to 4 out of 10 coming out of the AL East.

A CY Young winner does not make a staff. It makes one great pitcher. Roy Halladay has won, would I call the Jays staff good? Of course not.

A CY Young winner does not make a staff. It makes one great pitcher. Roy Halladay has won, would I call the Jays staff good? Of course not.

Dang, I thought this conversation would go to how much better the AL pitching is overall compared to the NL.:blob:

No the team ERA is what matters, since 2000 the NL West has had 2 teams in the top five in ERA 5 times, 1 team 4 times and none only once. I dont know how to look up bullpen stats, but I know the Dodgers and Padres are always up there too.

Roy Halladay has won, would I call the Jays staff good? .
Funny thing JB, the Blue Jays led baseball in team ERA last year and were 3rd in 2007.:act-up:

YOu cannot compare those with the AL though TGM. Stats do not go from conference to conference and I think CC Sabathia proved that last year. Good in the AL to best in the league last year during his tenure. You cannot compare AL hitting with NL hitting because of the DH. They call it pitching to 9 instead of 7.5.

YOu cannot compare those with the AL though TGM. Stats do not go from conference to conference and I think CC Sabathia proved that last year. Good in the AL to best in the league last year during his tenure. You cannot compare AL hitting with NL hitting because of the DH. They call it pitching to 9 instead of 7.5.

CC won the Cy Young in 2007, doesnt that mean he was the best pitcher in the AL. I understand the AL plays with a DH and that inflates things, but the run differential over the last few years havent been off by too much. The running game in the NL makes a big difference.

Its not worth the back and forth anymore. I think you will find that just about every media person out there will agree that the AL EAST is the best division in baseball and whether they are right or not who knows.

Its not worth the back and forth anymore. I think you will find that just about every media person out there will agree that the AL EAST is the best division in baseball and whether they are right or not who knows.

I agree that its the best division in baseball, im just saying that the NL gets a bad rep. The tide is changing.

Mariners beat the Yankees tonight. Yay!

Soxy, Mariners are headed to Beantown next . . .

soooooooooxxxxxyyyyyyy

oh sooooooxxxxxxxyyyyy

Game starts in ~15 minutes.

Marlon Byrd has robbed the Rays of about 3 RBIs tonight. It must be that "stuff" he is on.

Another ho-hum 5 RBI night for Pujols. I think they said that he is now 4 for 5 with 4 GS with the bases loaded this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back