What do you do for a living?

:banana:Hello people. First post. New to golf. Picked it up last year. I am a United States Marine Gunnery Sergeant. i am stationed in Okinawa, Japan. We have two military PAR 72 Course and 1 par 3. I play as regularly as I can usually 2-3 times a week.:alien2:

Thank you for your service. Retired Air Force here. I have never been to Okinawa, but was stationed on Guam for 2 years.

Thank you for your service. Retired Air Force here. I have never been to Okinawa, but was stationed on Guam for 2 years.

Guam... I'm sorry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I went into the Navy after high school, got out after my time and got on with Boeing in Seattle working in commercial aircraft manufacturing. After 13 years of sucking up as much information as humanly possible I finally got the balls to move across country to DC and try getting a gig in aerospace engineering and design, luckily a company took a chance on me and my biggest dream came true. I think the main reason they hired me, especially since I had ZERO formal education, not only in engineering but also no formal education in anything, I think they wanted to get a dig on their top competitor and to play mind games/politics being that they were Boeings top competitor within the US, either way, it worked out as well as humanly possible.

After 5 years of working design on other projects I finally got full funding on an idea that was burning up my brain for many years but in late 2008 the AVM on the brain showed up and caused some huge problems with my math, multi tasking, short term memory, massive headaches from hell, etc... all out of nowhere and everything came to a grinding halt. I'm ok with it though, it could have been MUCH worse in many ways, dying during surgery, stroking out and all of the negative affects from that, including not golfing ever again and it also could have all happened prior to be becoming an engineer and getting some of my ideas built so no complaints at all, absolutely NONE!!! :)

I'm a student

I work motors on a drilling rig in south Texas 26 weeks out of the year and work on my game the other 26 weeks of the year. Spend most of my time on the derrick board 130 feet above the ground though training for my next promotion.

I was in the Marine Corps from 1996 until the end of 2007 but a wrecked right knee, right shoulder, and collapsed discs got me medically separated before I could retire :(. Life goes on, I've been in the oil industry ever since and make a much better living BUT the job satisfaction isn't quite as high.

Restaurant manager, basically make sure no one sets the building on fire.

I've done that before and know its not an easy job by any means.

Ive been doing it now for 11 years, worked for the same company since I was 15 years old. I love what I do, everyday tends to be an adventure especially working for a mom and pop type franchise.

I currently own a Custom Interior Painting Company, mainly all new construction. Homes in the 4,500 to 12,500 sq. foot range. Market has been slower on homes under 7,500 sq. feet for past 4 years though so have branched off to all types of interior painting.

I'm a freelance consultant.

Most of my work is developing online engagement and fundraising strategies for member-based organizations. I also do some overflow PR work for a large PR firm, and a lot of freelance writing of speeches, web content, press releases etc.

I'm a freelance consultant.

Most of my work is developing online engagement and fundraising strategies for member-based organizations. I also do some overflow PR work for a large PR firm, and a lot of freelance writing of speeches, web content, press releases etc.

Owner of structural, civil engineering firm and a Heavy Civil Construction firm (closing shop soon on construction) anfyi can't wait!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Civil Engineer.

Supervisor for computer company that installs, trains, troubleshoots, systems in independant auto parts stores around the country. AND I very seldom get to play while on site.

Global Sales for SaaS cloud payment technology, including mobile payments. Also own an online golf business.

I procure combat military vehicles for the Department of Defense.

I procure combat military vehicles for the Department of Defense.

I WANT this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Systems Administrator for a bunch of clueless users!!!!!

National Sales Manager for Optimum International and BDi, and I am only aged 22 :)

Civil Engineer.

nice, how long?

Owner of structural, civil engineering firm and a Heavy Civil Construction firm (closing shop soon on construction) anfyi can't wait!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I grew up construction, been doing civil a little over a year now.. I think I want to get back into construction. Nice career choices!

Glad I found this site! I'm a Dog Groomer and anxious to meet other members here.

Attorney, although global visionary sounds cooler.

It does sound cooler... with the less-cool sounding job title, in what area do you practice?

Director of recruiting for an insurance company... basically I try to nail jello to a tree and herd cats all day long.

Back