Mental Motivation

buckbug

Reaction score
Handicap
Ghin 12.3
Just got the new Golf Magazine and what a great article with Jim Fannin! It's a must read to see how he puts you in the right frame of mind to relax,focus and execute shots the way you want to.

if you like the article and are interested in seeing how the mental game can help your golf game, check out the Pro Mental Coach software (and review thread)...the software is fantastic and has helped a few of us already that've tried it.

Thanks! I will

I'm curious, what are you thinking about in the course that has you so tense?

I'm curious, what are you thinking about in the course that has you so tense?

I know how he feels. I know your question wasn't for me but the mental problems that I have out on the course are usually always the same. I just think about what I don't want to happen too much instead of what I do want to happen. I know I can't focus on the bad but it's just human nature.

In my case it's always the same thing. I don't want to be the guy holding anybody up. That's why if I'm the last to hit or putt and there are golfers waiting behind us I always let myself get rushed. All I think about is that guys on the tee or fairway behind us are waiting to hit and I'm the last one standing in their way. It's also why when waiting on the tee or out in the fairway for the group in front I will just go sit on the bench or in the cart until they start walking off of the green. I'm getting better at just not looking back down the fairway, but it's still in the back of my mind.

Now, if nobody is waiting behind us, I've gotten pretty good at focusing on the shot at hand.

In my case it's always the same thing. I don't want to be the guy holding anybody up. That's why if I'm the last to hit or putt and there are golfers waiting behind us I always let myself get rushed. All I think about is that guys on the tee or fairway behind us are waiting to hit and I'm the last one standing in their way. It's also why when waiting on the tee or out in the fairway for the group in front I will just go sit on the bench or in the cart until they start walking off of the green. I'm getting better at just not looking back down the fairway, but it's still in the back of my mind.

Now, if nobody is waiting behind us, I've gotten pretty good at focusing on the shot at hand.

You should most definitely remember that you paid the same money that those guys behind you did. 9 out of 10 times they wouldn't let you rush them. So don't play slow, EVER. But definitely don't let anyone rush your game. If they are fast and there is room in front then let em play through. If you're keeping up with the guys in front of you then what can they honestly expect?

Oh........I'm not tense,I just thought the article was well done in helping the 3 players with a positive mindset. When I'm on the course,it's the time for me to relax and enjoy! Maybe I'm not right but I NEVER get upset when I'm playing and as forementioned in another thread I started,the only issue I have is how to handle "advice givers" but it dosen't irk me at all.Sorry for the confusion!

Back