What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night we watched "He's Just Not That Into You." Most poorly written movie in movie history. The characters were simple, stupid, and insane. The attempt to tie in Sex and the City was obvious, and didn't work since the SatC scripts were authored by someone with a brain.

Sorry, but geez. All star cast, ridiculous plot, lousy dialog, unbelievable characters -- how did they get these guys on board for it?

Actually, the guy (comedian) who wrote the book "He's Just Not That Into You." was one of the writers for SATC. IIRC, as the story goes, he was sitting around the writers' table where they were pitching ideas for the show, when one of the female writers (the guy may have been the only male writer on the show at that time, but I'm fuzzy on a lot of the story) started talking about a dude she was dating and asking questions like "he did so-and-so, what does that mean?" and the guy writer just casually said "he just not that into you." Apparently this was a massive revelation for all of the women in the room.

Yeah, I saw the SATC episode that featured the same thing, but it was much better. Maybe the problem is that it is a trope that can only support a little bit of plot; to make a whole movie, maybe you need some stupid characters who can have cheap epiphanies (because they put themselves in stupid situations stupidly). Can you tell I didn't like the characters?

Yeah, I saw the SATC episode that featured the same thing, but it was much better. Maybe the problem is that it is a trope that can only support a little bit of plot; to make a whole movie, maybe you need some stupid characters who can have cheap epiphanies (because they put themselves in stupid situations stupidly). Can you tell I didn't like the characters?

Not sure I can comment. I didn't see the movie, the TV show episode, or read the book. The dude had a Comedy Central stand-up show that I watched a part of, and he talked about the conversation. That's the only reason I know about it.

Wasn't Jennifer Aniston in the movie though?

I like her.

Im watching the Michael Jackson Memorial coverage. This makes Los Angeles look even stupider then we are. They are having a red carpet in front of staples center.

Im watching the Michael Jackson Memorial coverage. This makes Los Angeles look even stupider then we are. They are having a red carpet in front of staples center.

Good lord...I bet that stomach turning creep Al Sharpton is right there to standing by Joe Jackson 'advising' him on how to try to get a cut of the $500m that Michael didn't leave him.

Tiger game against KC. Hopefully the pen will hold them tonight. Greinke is up tomorrow. :excruciating:

Tiger game against KC. Hopefully the pen will hold them tonight. Greinke is up tomorrow. :excruciating:

Cool, another baseball fan on board.

I just finished watching High Plains Drifter. How could I not????

Currently watching Fortune Cookie, it's pretty dang funny, it's the first pairing of Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau, made in 1966.

Oh yeah. So who's your team Gasman ? You have 2 fine ones to choose from in L.A. and to stay on topic, I'm watching the post game show. Tigers 8 KC 5 :clapp:

Dodgers all the way. I officially dont acknowledge the Angels being in LA, but they are fun to watch.

Im watching the Mariners/Orioles but im about to change it because the feed is bad.

I just finished watching High Plains Drifter. How could I not????

I'm midway through Duel in the Sun. You'd think a movie with Gregory Peck and Joseph Cotten would be better than this.

ESPN News

Wipeout and I survived a Japanese Game Show are on tonight. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Wipeout is the couples one and it is funny.

yeah it is.

Jacqui spent some time in Singapore growing up, and she said this is just like they were over there!

The Kid is watching things blow up on Cartoon Network.

Watching Manny vs. K Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back