Is your bag set for success

Good answers guys, it's been fun to read.

For me I wouldn't change anything about my set up. Maybe down the line if I can get better with my 54 I may drop the 58 and look at a 16 degree hybrid.

Smalls how do you like the 5 hybo into your 6 iron do you have a large gap?

For the most part yes. I do struggle with my long irons off and on and when I do I have a major gap from 5w to 6i. I love having many wedges at my disposal and I feel that has helped my game significantly.

my bag is set for however well I play on any given day; sometimes successful, sometimes... not so successful, lol. all jokes aside, my bag is set up as perfectly as it can get for my game. I was recently pondering on swapping the lobber for a 2 hybrid or 4 wood but my short game is the shizzle so why mess with a good thing? I have no gripes & with my clubs only being a year a half old, I should rock this same set up for a while

With the help of fantastic THPer's I think I am. I think the only thing I need is a new putter.

I would say for the most part my bag is built for success. I am moderately satisfied with my driver. I might invest in a Cleveland Classic or I might be a premium shaft. The only other change will be probably adding some KBS shafts to my irons. Very satisfied with everything else.

I think that my bag is set for my best performance, except that I think I should remove the 5 wood.

You guys must know the feeling where things are just finally clicking, not like "once in a blue moon" kind of clicking, but all aspects are coming together and you have at least 99% confidence in each shot you make.

That's where I am at the moment. Irons and wedges are finally properly fitted and balanced, swing weights all the same, lie angles corrected and its showing out there. Hybrids have always done the job but the limitations are decreasing and the possibilities are increasing with the confidence. Driver, with the new shaft and the swing weight modified I am hitting it as perfectly as I think I ever have and long too. Putter was adjusted ever so slightly and it too is performing beyond my expectations. Only part of my bag I'm not 100% set on is the RBZ 3 wood. I love it but the closed setup is putting me off just a little bit. I can hit it both ways but after hitting the R11 at my fitting with the required shaft it's a bit like finding out the tooth fairy isn't real. That is my next purchase. Perhaps after Xmas. The RBZ hype got me in and I don't regret getting it but control is decreased compared to the others that I've tried. Might put the SQII back in the bag this weekend.

As far as the golf junk that makes life easier, finally got my club glove towel, love it, rangefinder is great acquisition, 2013 20Xi balls are spot on, more testing today, settled on the FootjoySciflex glove and went back to my Ogio Sprint carry bag over the Titleist staff bag.

All in all I'm extremely confident that there are some good rounds coming my way and to top it off this tropical weather is OUTSTANDING!

Its the gap between my ears that scares me, the bag is set.

Mine is set to go. I have no complaints with my choices....

My bag is just fine for my ability. I recently took out the 5w for a 3 hybrid but thinking about putting it back in & getting rid of that hybrid. We just don't get along.

My bag is set up pretty good after the last Demo Day.

I wound up purchasing new Irons, New Wedges, New Driver and a new custom Driver Shaft.

I read something in one of the recent golf magazines about choosing the right putter for your stroke. This got me thinking that I could benefit from a putter better suited to my stroke. In short, my next purchase will probably be a putter.

I'm in pretty good shape right now.

I still need to get more comfortable with my 3 wood, and I'm debating switching the scoring clubs over to SCORs this year. Overall, I like my bag as it is but I'm always thinking of ways I could improve my setup.

No, it isn't.

The RocketBladez testing has the top end of my bag in flux and I am learning new distances and gaps. I won't change anything until after testing but I'm pondering moving one or more long irons to the sidelines for my hybrids. I'm also thinking about adding a 2h (18*) and just going with a strong 3W (RBZ 13*?) instead of my current set up. Of course there's a certainly level of silliness to all this - I really like my current 3W and driver.

No, it isn't.

The RocketBladez testing has the top end of my bag in flux and I am learning new distances and gaps. I won't change anything until after testing but I'm pondering moving one or more long irons to the sidelines for my hybrids. I'm also thinking about adding a 2h (18*) and just going with a strong 3W (RBZ 13*?) instead of my current set up. Of course there's a certainly level of silliness to all this - I really like my current 3W and driver.
Glad to hear your driver stopped giving you troubles!

With new equipment coming out and Morgan Cup bags being pondered I got to thinking is your bag set up for your best performance?

Do you need a 3 wood or should you get another wedge
do you have troubles with a 5 iron and should look at hybrids for all your long irons
do you have a good transition from woods to hybrids and irons or do you need to find an odd club for good gapping
do you perform well with your irons and only need a 4 wood and 3 iron.

These are just a few thoughts but do you have confidence and a high rate of success with how you set up your bag?

3 wood and 3 wedges is a good combo for me.
I trust my 4 iron a lot, and 1 hybrid is enough.

I think I'm set to go, but as the MC preparations are on the way, I will go trough a proper fitting, I'm open to the idea of bringing in some different choices.

It all depends. I will change irons, wedges, hybrids and probably my putter for next season. Though based on performance and numbers I might change my driver and 3W too.
-I'll keep my 54/60 wedge setup. I don't need a gap wedge.
- I'll add another hybrid instead of my 3-iron in case the course calls for it.

I hope my bag is set for success! With my bag looking so scrambled with all the different brands, it better be. Other wise ill go back to all Titleist clubs! At least it will look good lol.

Old thread but I've been thinking about this lately. Love my 3i when I'm hitting it crisply but that is a little too rare for my liking, so contemplating a 3 hybrid to replace it. But I think that the loft between my current 2h (19*) and my current/future 3i's (21*) is a bit too tight and is kinda redundant, so thinking about getting 18* and 20.5* Mashie hybrids and pulling the 3i. Also may need to get a little bit more bounce in at least one of my wedges, so maybe doing some shuffling down there as well, but not sure exactly how yet.

I bought new irons plus the set matching gap wedge, and need to buy new wedges, as my gaps are now all screwed up. That means at least 2 new wedges. I wouldn't mind getting one wedge, leaving me with a gap wedge and a 55 or 56 and adding a 5 wood to my arsenal. I have a pretty big gap between my hybrid (195 yards) and my 3 wood (225).

Old thread but I've been thinking about this lately. Love my 3i when I'm hitting it crisply but that is a little too rare for my liking, so contemplating a 3 hybrid to replace it. But I think that the loft between my current 2h (19*) and my current/future 3i's (21*) is a bit too tight and is kinda redundant, so thinking about getting 18* and 20.5* Mashie hybrids and pulling the 3i. Also may need to get a little bit more bounce in at least one of my wedges, so maybe doing some shuffling down there as well, but not sure exactly how yet.

I feel the same way about my 4I. It's seriously a joy to hit when it's on, but that's usually not the case. I'm probably going to defer to a hybrid/wood there.

I feel the same way about my 4I. It's seriously a joy to hit when it's on, but that's usually not the case. I'm probably going to defer to a hybrid/wood there.

I don't think anything feels better in golf than a well struck long iron. But I also don't think anything is more elusive!! I'm pretty consistent with my 4i, so will keep that hanging around I think, but the 3i is really a crapshoot on about half of my days. May keep it around though for windy days.

Pretty happy with the way things are right now. Need to work on hitting my 6-iron more consistently. The 165-175 yardage is a hole in my game right now. Happy with the hybrids I have as well as driver and 3-wood. Thinking of taking my 60* out and possibly adding another hybrid or a 4 or 5 wood, but not sure I'd even use them when I hit my hybrids pretty well.

I don't think anything feels better in golf than a well struck long iron. But I also don't think anything is more elusive!! I'm pretty consistent with my 4i, so will keep that hanging around I think, but the 3i is really a crapshoot on about half of my days. May keep it around though for windy days.

I love my 4I off the tee, and it definitely gets put in play for really tight courses or when I just feel like it. I'm still debating adding a wedge to the bag this year. If I do, I'll need to be a little more selective about what goes in the top end.

Still debating scrapping the 5 iron for another hybrid. I'm comfortable with everything else in my bag for this year.

The clubs I have are set, need to make some shaft changes. Maybe some wedges, but most likely not.

Back