The Saddy Sad Boo Hoo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father and my father-in-law are both having major health issues. For both of them, we're seriously hoping this isn't the big one.

Good luck with that Claire. Please keep us informed.

My father and my father-in-law are both having major health issues. For both of them, we're seriously hoping this isn't the big one.
Sorry to hear that. I hope things work out.

Really, really, really not well. Here's hoping for a decent night's sleep and that tomorrow will find itself better.

Really, really, really not well. Here's hoping for a decent night's sleep and that tomorrow will find itself better.

Go to bed, Sweetie!

The good news is that Dad doesn't have colon cancer. Very good news. They still don't know what the problem is, and have to run another series of tests from the other end. That won't happen immediately, which had better mean we're not looking at life threatening. Yet.

Thats not good! Have your man make you some chicken soup and get some rest, missy! :D

The good news is that Dad doesn't have colon cancer. Very good news. They still don't know what the problem is, and have to run another series of tests from the other end. That won't happen immediately, which had better mean we're not looking at life threatening. Yet.
Thats good that it isnt colon cancer. I hope everything works out.

Sorry guys, we had to edit that harsh word out to *'s because of some complaints. Lets keep this fairly clean, there are some kids here.

getting more G rated here by the day!

I found out this morning that my company is laying off 10+ people and I also found out that my Great Aunt died too. Dare I ask if today can get any worse?? :bad:

sorry to hear about your great aunt bogey. and I hope you're not included in the layoffs!

sorry to hear about your great aunt bogey. and I hope you're not included in the layoffs!

Thanks. Sadly in the 26 years I've been around I can probably count on one hand how many times I've met her.

This time my number didn't come up. I'm keeping my finger crossed that my number stays in the "hat" forever.

That's some relief, Bogey.

Both my parents ended up in the ER this weekend. What's scary is the mental deterioration. Hard to tell from a distance if it's all the medications or not.

That's some relief, Bogey.

Both my parents ended up in the ER this weekend. What's scary is the mental deterioration. Hard to tell from a distance if it's all the medications or not.

Sorry to hear that Claire. Sometimes it's the meds on top of the issues. Going through a similar thing with one of my grandma's.

could be. during my dads final days they had him so full of morphine he didn't have a clue what was going on. but he also had alzheimers on top of the big C

I can not, not, not imagine what strength it must take to care for aging parents. I keep waiting for the call that my mother's smoking is winning, or that my dad's heart gave up...I'd rather imagine them the way they were at 40, forever. It's so tough to watch them get older even without the illness factor.

I can not, not, not imagine what strength it must take to care for aging parents. I keep waiting for the call that my mother's smoking is winning, or that my dad's heart gave up...I'd rather imagine them the way they were at 40, forever. It's so tough to watch them get older even without the illness factor.

Most disappointing thing I just went through was Sunday, when I went over to my aunts to work on her lawn, my grandma came out, and she didn't know who I was.

Most disappointing thing I just went through was Sunday, when I went over to my aunts to work on her lawn, my grandma came out, and she didn't know who I was.

I know that feeling too Dent. Although my Grandma knows who I am, there are times that she looks at me and I'm not sure she knows who I am or even who she is.

There are few times I'll cry and recently with my Grandma I've done a lot more crying. I guess I'm getting soft in my "old" age.

One Grandma had early onset Alzheimers. She died when I was seven or so, but I never knew her as anything but an empty shell. Luckily, the other three made it to 85 or 86; I even knew one set of great-grandparents.

But this is still scary.

Okay, my father and my father-in-law are having a competition to see who can have the scariest non-life threatening medical situation. And whose short-term memory can be more affected by the whole thing.

This is getting scary.

This is more of a "what a bummer" post, but Lord knows we don't need another thread to go in between the rants and the sadddy sad boo hoo's! LOL (Maybe there already is one! hehehe)

The dogs pool got a crack in it. So now it only holds about four inches of water. Wal Mart's wading pools are all gone, so I gotta find somewhere that still sells them.

Yeah I know, our dogs have a wading pool. So they are spoiled.

This is more of a "what a bummer" post, but Lord knows we don't need another thread to go in between the rants and the sadddy sad boo hoo's! LOL (Maybe there already is one! hehehe)

The dogs pool got a crack in it. So now it only holds about four inches of water. Wal Mart's wading pools are all gone, so I gotta find somewhere that still sells them.

Yeah I know, our dogs have a wading pool. So they are spoiled.

The mildly annoying thread?

Check out yard sales.

Also not sure if you have a Menards in your area but they sell them dirt cheap.

Okay, my father and my father-in-law are having a competition to see who can have the scariest non-life threatening medical situation. And whose short-term memory can be more affected by the whole thing.

This is getting scary.

I am sorry to hear that Claire! Make sure to keep us updated on how they are

I am sorry to hear that Claire! Make sure to keep us updated on how they are

Thanks. Dad sees the surgeon on Wednesday. He apparently has a tumor in his sinuses, at the bridge of his nose. Principal symptom is chronic nose bleed.

At least if it's in his sinuses, it's not in his brain.

Also not sure if you have a Menards in your area but they sell them dirt cheap.

Closest one is over 50 miles away. Not too far for some things but waaaaay too far for a dog pool!

I'll keep checking places. I mean, it's right in the middle of summer, so some places should still have them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back