Couldn't Take It Any More

I have never given up. I have been with people who quit and just sat in the cart for the remainder of the round. I will never understand that. A bad day of golf is still better than a good day of many other things...(yard work, being in the office, visiting the in-laws, grocery shopping, etc)

We never know what we did that made women mad, even after they tell us that "nothing is wrong".

I hit three shots in a pond on a Par three at Bent Oak Golf Course in Oak Grove, MO. I said just give me an 18 and then I picked up and waited for the next hole. Last time I ever played that course! Luckily we were almost done with the round at that point.

I've never walked off a course mid round. I have quit holes and moved on. I mean after hitting two balls right and over a busy road is it really worth still trying to tee off on that hole??

I have walked off ridiculously slow rounds, but only when I needed to be someplace at a specific time.

No, women do it on purpose and plan for days or weeks before they do it.

Sometimes it's just the spur of the moment, and we go with it.

I have only left a course, mid round, due to weather conditions. There have been times I probably should have left early, but went ahead and finished the 18. When it comes to playing golf, good, bad, or indifferent, I can always find something good about a round of play. :comp:

Last edited:
I have left the course for:

(1) Darkness (by-product of slow play);
(2) Frustration (doing more harm than good to my game); and
(3) A girl.

Sometimes it's just the spur of the moment, and we go with it.

The reasons are not mutually exclusive.

The only time I've quit on a course is when I've run of out balls.

The only time I've quit on a course is when I've run of out balls.

Winner!

That's the best answer so far! :banana::clapp:

The only time I have left a course early is rain/lightning or when I just ran out of time and had somewhere else to be and the golf took too long.

I have left for slow play. If nine takes three hours it’s time for me to leave.

Several times now. I quit on the 9th hole once because absolutely nothing was going right. Couldn't hit a shot with any club & decided to just give up....I was only playing 9 that day anyways.

I play this game for entertainment & if I am having a rotten time then it's no longer entertaining & becomes frustrating instead.

I leave when I feel like golfing, but once I get out there I don't feel like it. I find the nearest hole going back into the club house, play that and leave. One time my friend was playing so bad he walked off the 4th hole and said "Have a good round" and left. I finished the round.

I have had to cut a round short several times, all with regret. Lets see . . . pulled my left shoulder and couldn't swing; electrical storm, we waited almost two hours in the shelter before walking off; unexpected immediate work; and, recently in Los Angeles, s-l-o-w p-l-a-y. I had to leave because I couldn't imagine a round lasting more than six (6!) hours and had planned something else to do.

I left after 9 once when it was 95+ degrees out and the front 9 took over 3 hours (I was carrying that day). When I walked over to the 10th tee box and saw the same two groups, I just left. It was too hot and too frustrating to continue. I might have just skipped a few holes if I had thought about it, but I was just too tired and worn out from the heat at that point. It's the only time I've ever left early on a full round.

I've had to skip off the course early on a 9 after work due to darkness and weather before. One was a tornado warning, I would have finished the hole (9th hole), but there was a cop blooping his siren at me to get off the course. I was pretty mad about that though because I had to go the direction of the green anyway, might as well let me finish the hole. I'm going to get struck by lightning one of these days because I'm too stubborn about wanting to finish.

I've left the course a couple of times due to feeling ill (too much heat, not enough water intake) and once I walked off (probably 10 years ago) because of a serious hosel-hitting problem. Thank God that got cleared up or I was going to quit the game completely!

I've played in the same 9-hole league for around 25 years, and have had a number of great partners. One of them was a guy I worked with. He didn't score very well, but could, on occasion, hit the ball a mile. About 6 years ago, after a couple of rounds of hitting every ball "fat," he walked off the course and hasn't hit a ball since!

I have never left a golf course once I've paid. Gotta get my $10 worth of golf in, no matter what! :D

Back