How many times do you draw or fade the ball during a round?

If anything I hit a draw on the ball, rarely a cut, pretty much only on a miss. I tend to hit a draw/straight pretty much every shot.

I hit 30-something draws a round, sometimes 40-something. I don't hit it straight and I don't fade the ball, although I sure wouldn't mind if I could.

Primarily draw the ball, as it's my main shot on anything between 130-205 yards. Rarely fade, maybe once or twice if I need to cut around anything or if the wind direction permits.

I try to shape my shots more than before. Of course the amount of intentionally shaped shots depend on the course, and missed shots. If it's a straight fairway without hazards, I go for a straight shot. On my home course I shape a shot draw/fade/punch/stinger/high etc. usually maybe once per hole. There's some dogleg holes where I have to make the ball do something extra to get a decent position for the second / third shot. On practice rounds I sometimes try to shape every shot, just to get comfortable with different shots.

I find it harder to shape a strong fade than a draw. Fades tend to turn quickly to slices.

Hmmmm...I've never counted something like that.
I hit (or try to) a lot of straight shots, but I also try to work the ball when needed.
Percentage wise, I would guess that maybe 30 % of my shots are intentionally a draw or fade.
I'm doing that more as I get better at working the ball.

Back