Almost came to blows today....rules and etiquette help please!

OMG, at this point you are going over the top. Its a club tourny and you want an apology. Should your friend apologize for being sarcastic? Over the top!!!!

My teammate did not owe an apology because his statement was correct..."ok, if you guys feel right about taking that many strokes"....but he STILL IMMEDATELY APOLOGIZED anyway, even though he was right, and he reaced his hand out for a shake as well. So my partner apologizes when he was right, but they still have not and they were wrong on 2 accounts and are not bad-mouthing us.

Bottom line to me...we were/and are still currently being humiliated about the deal, and all because we were right about 2 rules that they demanded be played different from the rule book. Ty Webb was absolutely correct about the situation...my teammate was bent over the table because of the way they treated us.

I have gotten 3 calls today telling me that the other team is telling club members that we screwed them. Why should I not want to set it straight. I will not sit back and allow them to be bad mouth us in public and unjustly, when they were wrong and have never apologized.

OMG, at this point you are going over the top. Its a club tourny and you want an apology. Should your friend apologize for being sarcastic? Over the top!!!!

And I think going over the top was them CONVINCING the assistant pro that their logic was correct even though they did not have a rule to prove it....that is just plainly and A$$hole move. And then demanding that it be played out and adjusted...another A$$hole move.

But be the bigger man and let it go. At the end of the day you are saying "we are going to tattle and demand an apology." You have to be the bigger person and just move on.

And I think going over the top was them CONVINCING the assistant pro that their logic was correct even though they did not have a rule to prove it....that is just plainly and A$$hole move. And then demanding that it be played out and adjusted...another A$$hole move.

Its over and you got your wish, the replay. Now you are wanting more.

Its over and you got your wish, the replay. Now you are wanting more.

I am wanting more because they continue to run their mouth of false accusations around the club. Why is it too much to explain the situation to the head pro and tell him about my 3 phone calls today from friends telling me that these guys are bad mouthing us? If it was dropped in the 11th fairway then it would be dead...but they are trashing us over US BEING CORRECT. Please enlighen me as to why I should let that continue happenning and allow them to create a bad reputation for us over this? Would you not want that to stop if you were in our shoes?

I guess my point is that you basically did the same thing to them on the forum. Right or wrong. There are always two sides to every story. His side, her side, and the truth. Do you believe if they are "forced" to apologize to you, that this gets better?

I guess my point is that you basically did the same thing to them on the forum. Right or wrong. There are always two sides to every story. His side, her side, and the truth. Do you believe if they are "forced" to apologize to you, that this gets better?

No, but I do believe that if the head pro knows they they are trashing us that he is the one to put a stop to it. If we tried to it would only get ugly as it already has....I just want them to be told to drop it by the pro, that they are wrong in doing this, so I do not get another 3 calls tomorrow.

And doing the same thing to them on the forum means nothing...it is not bashing potential relationships at a club. And we were right on all rules situations.

If you think that would help.

:banghead:

Ok, I've stayed quiet on this one but read the trainwreck this thread has become and can't stay quiet anymore.

WWPSD - We're talking about a club tournament here, not the end of life as we know it. If the other team decides to badmouth what happened, there isn't anything ANYONE can do to stop it. Asking the Pro to intervene is basically like running to your teacher claiming someone called you a name. He can scold them, but can't stop it from happening again afterwards.

At this point the whole situation between the other team and your partner and youself has basically devolved into a giant "my golf penis is bigger than yours" contest. It's a club tournament that is supposed to be for fun, and everyone involved has turned it into WWIII.

Take the moral high ground, realize that you were proven correct by the rulebook, and beat them on the replay. That's about the only satisfaction you're going to get at this point that will mean anything.

"my golf penis is bigger than yours" contest.
:banana::banana::banana::blob::blob::blob::clapp::clapp:

Made think about "Tin Cup" when Kevin said "...let's measure..."

And here all a long I have been using "JOHNSON" when I had these arguments.:cool:

Ok, I've stayed quiet on this one but read the trainwreck this thread has become and can't stay quiet anymore.

WWPSD - We're talking about a club tournament here, not the end of life as we know it. If the other team decides to badmouth what happened, there isn't anything ANYONE can do to stop it. Asking the Pro to intervene is basically like running to your teacher claiming someone called you a name. He can scold them, but can't stop it from happening again afterwards.

At this point the whole situation between the other team and your partner and youself has basically devolved into a giant "my golf penis is bigger than yours" contest. It's a club tournament that is supposed to be for fun, and everyone involved has turned it into WWIII.

Take the moral high ground, realize that you were proven correct by the rulebook, and beat them on the replay. That's about the only satisfaction you're going to get at this point that will mean anything.

word...shuck that yoke off brother. Life's too short...enjoy the ride.

OK...so our club's 2-man best-ball match play semi-final match was today and it got ugly before it got started and I will try to keep this brief. This is an 80% handicap event...very important.

First the stats:

Me a 16
My teammate a +3
Their player A was a 2
Their player B was an 8

They get to the first tee and we see that the computer generated scorecard had ink all over it changing my teammates handicap and adding extra holes with strokes for their team. We questioned this and they stated that they explained to the clubhouse that the computer was wrong and that his handicap should not come back towards 0 like everyone else and should continue going further from 0 in the positive direction. We called the clubhouse and they would not listen to our case and said that it was wrong for the first three rounds because the computer does not "properly adjust" for a positive hcp.

We said what-ever and were not happy...my teammate said something to the nature of "ok, if you guys can playing knowing you are getting more then the rules should be"...and their player B blew at at that statement. He pointed his finger in his face and said that we were "tainting the match at the start and insinuating that they were intentionally being dishonest". He felt the need to go on and tell us how "honest" they are, and that his teammate was known to be "the most honest player at the club". We started play after getting things under control and you could cut the tension in the match with a dull golf ball.

They were 3 up after 11 and on the 12th hole the pro comes driving to the fairway and gets us all together and says "sorry guys, we have never had a + player in an 80% event and what the other team explained to him made sense and he went with it. He said after we questioned it it got his thinking and he looked up the rule from the USGA and found that my teammate was correct.

Here is where it gets even more angering from out standpoint. Right away my teammate and I said "dead-day, we have to play it over another day". They said no, lets just go back and adjust where needed and play it out. (side not...the 8 hcp was a -3 at this point in the round!!!!) It would have changed the score for 1 hole that we would have won instead of a half. So they said "we are just 2up instead of 3up and play on". We said BS...if we win 6 we walk off that green having won 5 and 6 and are Square instead of 1 down and chasing them. Plus...the mindset of my teammate was not great considering the situation and that the match was played under the wrong pretenses. Since we would not agree...the pro thought about it for a little while and finally said that it needed to be replayed.

We finished like this...we played out 12-18, clearly with less pressure but with even more tension.

Me 90 (74 net)
My teammate 69 (72 net)
Their A player 69 (67 net)
Their B player 71 (63 net)

Very angering situation.:at-wits-end:

Since the match is apparently going to be replayed using the correct handicaps, what's the big deal? :confused2: This is getting way too upset over a simple golf match.

But back to post #25...what do you think about playing on vs. a rematch. And don't you think it was crappy, and a little questionable of them to want to continue as-is after all of this?

Replay it.... it was played under a false premise. That can cause a player to play a different game than he might have had the handicaps been correct.

Asking the Pro to intervene is basically like running to your teacher claiming someone called you a name. He can scold them, but can't stop it from happening again afterwards.

+1

That's CLEARLY not going to help a thing. Besides, I'd be surprised if other club members really care that much.

Since the match is apparently going to be replayed using the correct handicaps, what's the big deal? :confused2: This is getting way too upset over a simple golf match.

Replay it.... it was played under a false premise. That can cause a player to play a different game than he might have had the handicaps been correct.

Update...and please listen since you all have already changed your minds.

+1

That's CLEARLY not going to help a thing. Besides, I'd be surprised if other club members really care that much.

Ah...interesting point, so here is the deal right now. I spoke to a long time member about the situation and he talked me into dropping it and just shaking their hand of the first tee Saturday morning, after about an hour talk with him last night.....but I got the club tonight to play the Tuesday night league as a sub and found the following.......

First thing this morning (since the club is closed on Monday's)....their team left 5 messages for the head pro and would like for the match to either be counted as is or to back to the 12th fairway and play in....and this team is going to call the CGA and USGA for "a ruling". I found out because the pro asked me into his office and closed the door and said, what happened? I laughed and said I would rather not, it was messy and lets just replay it on Saturday....he said he need to hear our side of the deal because they are pressing that the club's ruling of a replay was incorrect.

So I told the pro our deal and he said to stay tuned that they would call us soon.

But it gets even better...and to me, the way these guys have treated the situation is why I have been so irked.....

You seem to be a bit too tightly wound up about this little deal. Let it go, much bigger issues in life to worry about.

All this over a tourny league handicapped event. All I can say is WOW!!!

Thanks for the new ignore feature Hacker. This threads one of mine.

My teammate was on the range, and I told him that he might want to talk to the Pro, so he went into the clubhouse to find the head pro gone, but the assistant pro there with the angry guy from their team. My partner asked them if WE were the ones who had the career day and were ahead, would they still be fighting for this ruling and his response was..."if that were the case we would not be here would we." My partner said that he did not give a $hit about it...it was just a club tourney that he thought would be fun and a way to meet some members, and what is wrong with the replay since the club ruled a replay? They said that the CGA and USGA would have to decide if the club made the right call...which is hilarious since that kind of care was not given when we tried to argue the original ruling.

The head pro told me that the club had it correct and that the other team did strong-arm them into changing the handicapping, and they hid behind the fact that the "it was the club's ruling, not their". So basically, they want to use the clubs ruling when it is beneficial to them only.

A$$holes, plain and simple. You guys gave me $hit that I was being immature about it when I knew how they were being, and it turns out that they have shown their dishonest colors even further.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Thanks guys...I am done on here thanks to your judging as well

You will never hear from me again...I just tried to update the fact that these jerks, not us, to it to the pro and are taking it to the USGA and CGA...again, not us.

This is my last post on here, for any thread.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of hearing them take it so far, not us...but instead you belittle me, classy, thanks...I will have lots of free time since i will not be on here anymore.

I kind of understand where he is coming from. It might not seem like too big of a deal, but it is something that will bug you if you dont handle it. It sounds like this other group is fueling the fire as well. If anything it will make for a fun story a few years from now.

breathe in/breathe out. Let it go, not worth it. It's not like you had the Masters or US Open on the line. It's a just a game and is suppsoed to be fun. If all of you get that worked up over it, well maybe it's time to take a break?

Back