WNY/NWPA & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a head's up. It is actually the 27th. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bummer, already committed to playing in another tournament on April 27th. Will have to look at another location to join in on the fun!

Bummer, already committed to playing in another tournament on April 27th. Will have to look at another location to join in on the fun!

Oh man sorry about that :/. I feel like a jerk now I thought it said the 23rd! Sorry bud!

Just a head's up. It is actually the 27th. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks JB! I thought I read the 23rd my bad but thank you for the correction!

Hey Aaron and Allan (And whoever else is considering coming on the 27) here's the address if you guys are going to plug it in to the GPS. It'll be about a 5-10 min ride from the Thruway exit. His rates on "Peak" days (Sat and Sun) are $35 for 18 holes and the special for January you get a free 20oz pop. If you guys are interested in pizza or anything like that let me know I'm sure he can do something for us when it comes to that.

5141 Batavia-Elba Townline Rd, Batavia, NY 14020

Thanks! I'll GPS it and shouldn't have a problem.I've never done one of these simulators,are they"lefty friendly"?

Thanks! I'll GPS it and shouldn't have a problem.I've never done one of these simulators,are they"lefty friendly"?

Oh yeah! Plenty of room for both righties and lefties. The sim like I said on the phone is scary accurate! Just like playing right on the course.

Terry Hills is open Sunday 1/13 .Watching the precip and if not bad I'll go!

Terry Hills is open Sunday 1/13 .Watching the precip and if not bad I'll go!

Is it really?? Wow. Wish the rain was called for in the morning and not the afternoon. I'll be stuck at work from 7am-3pm :(

About to get dressed and head out to The Big Oak. Gunna work on getting my swing back after a 2 week lay off.

Good Job!

Fo sho, maybe in April/May we can organize a get together with 15-20 people. Show THP what this area's got to offer :alien:

That sounds awesome

Love this thread already. In Batavia all the time but have yet to see the golf sim there or hit up Terry Hills. I'm down for a round and pizza anytime, anywhere. Buffalo has Cobbers Cyber Creek and Frog Hair which both serve pizza and beer as it is. Frog Hair has a much nicer setup though. But I'm more excited about this thread leading to summer rounds. Out of the 56 rounds this summer I did far more than half alone. All my friends my age are either broke or teachers and can't afford more than a $12 round.

Frog Hair sounds like a great idea. A lot closer than Batavia at least for me. However, neither is an absolute hike

At Big Oak! Felt really good to get a good practice session in. I was striking the wedges awesome.
a3y5udyn.jpg

ubabeba2.jpg

Looks Good!

Frog Hair sounds like a great idea. A lot closer than Batavia at least for me. However, neither is an absolute hike

Frog Hair would be a pretty good drive for Aaron I'd think coming from Rochester. Batavia seems to be pretty much right in the middle. Just an idea I'll travel everywhere!

You don't have to call me sir.My wife does and that's good enough! Ha!(good thing she's not here)

You don't have to call me sir.My wife does and that's good enough! Ha!(good thing she's not here)

LOL! Kind of a habit! But I'll do my best! How's the weather looking for your trip to Terry Hills tomorrow?

LOL! Kind of a habit! But I'll do my best! How's the weather looking for your trip to Terry Hills tomorrow?

It was a great day! Mid 60's and the greens were in good shape. A little muddy in and off the fairways but what a fabulous day. Had 3 birdies,3 pars a few bogies and "some others". Lost 2 balls somewhere in mud or snowpack that was on 1-9 we started on 10(least amount of snow) and the place was busy by the time we made the turn. Missed ya! See you next week.

It was a great day! Mid 60's and the greens were in good shape. A little muddy in and off the fairways but what a fabulous day. Had 3 birdies,3 pars a few bogies and "some others". Lost 2 balls somewhere in mud or snowpack that was on 1-9 we started on 10(least amount of snow) and the place was busy by the time we made the turn. Missed ya! See you next week.

Sounds like a great day! I got to do some chipping and putting at LeRoy when I got home from work. Not the same as playing but better than nothing!

You'll see me in 2 weeks! Lol 27th is 2 weeks from yesterday.

Two weeks,sorry!

Oh yeah! Plenty of room for both righties and lefties. The sim like I said on the phone is scary accurate! Just like playing right on the course.

Thanks for the address Shef, I will definitely be there.

Buckbug glad to hear there is another lefty in THP as that will make 2 of us.

Ended up at Big Oak for a few hours on Saturday enjoying the warm weather. Was and wasn't shocked at how many people were there. Place was absolutely packed and there were people waiting to hit balls.

Frog Hair would be a pretty good drive for Aaron I'd think coming from Rochester. Batavia seems to be pretty much right in the middle. Just an idea I'll travel everywhere!

I don't mind driving for a round of golf for a round or two. I would like to play a few times out at Terry Hills this year and Mill Creek while not as far is one of my favorites.

Hope some of you guys in the area just saw the announcement of Invitational #3 in the Philly/Atlantic City area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back