Perfect Release Review

Bumping this because I just got mine in the mail. Way too cold up here in Philly for me to give it a go right now. Once I get a good day I will come back and give a proper review

Bumping this because I just got mine in the mail. Way too cold up here in Philly for me to give it a go right now. Once I get a good day I will come back and give a proper review

Thanks for bumping this one. This is one of my struggles as I tend to release the club too early or get a little too much hand action on the downswing. Really interested how it works for you. I might have to consider this one...

looking forward to the thoughts on it. It's certainly is an interesting product.

Thanks for bumping this one. This is one of my struggles as I tend to release the club too early or get a little too much hand action on the downswing. Really interested how it works for you. I might have to consider this one...

I feel like I do the opposite and completely hold the club off. Excited to try this out. Should he nice enough at the end of the week for me to hit the range

Can't wait to read your thoughts on this product.... Might be something I'd consider giving a try.

I somehow missed this when it first was posted, very interested in trying this one out as I have really been working on some swing changes lately. This sounds to be a great compliment to what I am trying to do.

I somehow missed this when it first was posted, very interested in trying this one out as I have really been working on some swing changes lately. This sounds to be a great compliment to what I am trying to do.

I ordered one as well. My release is probably the worst part of my swing. I am on plane and still come through with my driver open. I call it my power Fade.

I hope this is what I've been looking for. I'll provide some feedbackl and can't wait to hear from you guys as well.

I ordered one as well. My release is probably the worst part of my swing. I am on plane and still come through with my driver open. I call it my power Fade.

I hope this is what I've been looking for. I'll provide some feedbackl and can't wait to hear from you guys as well.

You go through Amazon? Got 2 day shipping free. You're going to beat me to the punch regardless. Damn Floridians!!

Found this video on the perfect release from the 2011 PGA Show. The more I watch and read about this product the more interested I get.

You go through Amazon? Got 2 day shipping free. You're going to beat me to the punch regardless. Damn Floridians!!

Yeah...I'll have it next week and can't wait. Lot's of good reviews everywhere. Surprised there's not more love on here for it. Can't wait.

Found this video on the perfect release from the 2011 PGA Show. The more I watch and read about this product the more interested I get.

I just hit a 5i the other day 265 yds and cleared the green...

I am with you though.. A training aid hasn't caught my eye like this before.

I just hit a 5i the other day 265 yds and cleared the green...

I am with you though.. A training aid hasn't caught my eye like this before.

With this training aid and hitting the weights hard like this guy, I should be hitting 5 iron 265 in no time right? Haha....he's a beast!

I did take a couple swings with it on the other night and I like the fact that it may make my swing shorter and much more compact.

I did take a couple swings with it on the other night and I like the fact that it may make my swing shorter and much more compact.

could you really feel a difference in the release of the club?

I'm personally convinced that the release is the single most important part of the golf swing. It's where the club face is squared and the power is generated.

could you really feel a difference in the release of the club?

Absolutely! Like I said earlier, I have a tendency to hold the club off. Feeling my wrists rotate like it did. I am so stoked to get this out on the range

Absolutely! Like I said earlier, I have a tendency to hold the club off. Feeling my wrists rotate like it did. I am so stoked to get this out on the range

that's the same issue I have. Got it working better last year through lessons, but not consistent enough.

that's the same issue I have. Got it working better last year through lessons, but not consistent enough.

I dont know how but I'm able to play okay woth doing so but I felt if I could release the club properly I'd get a touch more distance and learn to draw the ball.

Great vid ddec, I just wish I could hit my driver 240 yards, much less a 5i 265, unreal.

agreed, rye. Looks like a good device to ingrain the proper release. I would think that setting the device up correctly is very important. One thing I really like about it is it gets all this accomplished without much thinking.

I'm personally convinced that the release is the single most important part of the golf swing. It's where the club face is squared and the power is generated.

I agree 100%. I swing Driver at about 101mph but with the open face and no release, ball goes 200 yards out and 50 to 100 yards right.

I really got interested after Luke Donald practiced with us at Freakanomics. He really isn't big as you know but his swing is compact and of course he knows how to release the club and easily was flying 280 messing around with us.

ryebread do you think this would help more than the orange whip?
I think both could be used to improve the golf swing.
I tend to try to use my hands more to square the club sometimes and this can be very counterproductive for me, if I can stay connected with arms and shoulders it seems like it takes no effort to get good results. I'm not a long hitter by any means but it gets me to be more consistent which leads to lower scores.

ryebread do you think this would help more than the orange whip?
I think both could be used to improve the golf swing.
I tend to try to use my hands more to square the club sometimes and this can be very counterproductive for me, if I can stay connected with arms and shoulders it seems like it takes no effort to get good results. I'm not a long hitter by any means but it gets me to be more consistent which leads to lower scores.

What keeps you connected? The Orange whip or the Perfect release? I think this will keep you connected also. Keeping that tension in the cord should be keeping you connected. IMO. Both are pretty good regardless

Well, really I don't use either as of now. When I hit the ball well it feels like my shoulders lead everything. The flip of this is tension kills my release and sometimes tension/ tightness slips into my grip. I think I need to get both devices.

Wonder how it would be using them both together; the orange whip and the perfect release.

thanks for vid ddec... now im very intrested... I've never used a training aid before, but I may have just found one I'd use. I have a tendency to flip my wrist and loss my forward shaft length before impact. Looks like this would help with that.

Back