Question about installing a grip.

Rageshadow

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
I have a Super Stroke Fatso 85 that I want on my putter, I have my tools for blowing on grips ordered. That being said. Can I blow on the Fatso or do I need to get some Solvent and tape for it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I remember my SS grip being a real b***h to get on to the shaft, so you may not be able to blow those on.

Argh, lol. I really want this grip on. I have a very hard time with my putter because I seem to snatch it and or over grip it.

Just get some acetone and strips of double sided tape. It's really easy to put on. Just took some work to get those thick grips over the diameter of the shaft.

If you have been blowing them on for a while, go pretty liberal with the solvent. My. SS Slim was also a "you know what" to get on. Final solution was liberal amount of the Golfsmith solvent. It's got some lubricant in it too I think. Just a little slicker than mineral spirits in my opinion.

J.

Just get some acetone and strips of double sided tape. It's really easy to put on. Just took some work to get those thick grips over the diameter of the shaft.

I agree, I would not try to blow a fatso on.

Thanks guys. That was the info I needed just not what I wanted to hear if you know what I mean.. LoL

I'm making sure to take note of these tips for future use. Thank you guys.

I put on the same grip a couple weeks ago. Put a Phillips screwdriver about 3" in the grip and bend it side to side to stretch the mouth of the grip. It will slide over the end of the shaft much easier. Use tape and solvent

i would take a putter grip in to a proshop to have them install it so that it's on completely straight.

Back