The other people I unfailingly tip are valets who park your car.

Hmm, interesting guess yall have "nicer" clubs our range balls sit in bags collected periodically throughout the day right inside the door so in my case no because any numer of ppl could have collected the balls.

If I purchase from the cart girl, yes she gets a tip, from the grill/bar in the club, well no simply because I pay for a surcharge for using extra stuff outside of just golf facilities. (gym, spa, pool, grill, bar, restaurant, etc)

On this matter I am a little OCD about my gear so I hate it when I ride with friends at unknown courses or even my course, and the bag boys get to my clubs before I can stop them and get halfway through the cleaning and then act frumpy when I tell them to stop and don't pay!

IMO they should always ask, since I am not paying up for something I def don't want and didn't ask for. Seriously I DO NOT like others using my gear or cleaning it, due to my own OCD-ness and what has been hammered into me by loving and tender drill srgt's! LOL

...and the guys in parking garages too.

The guy sitting in the booth at the entrance/exit who takes your money as you leave?

hell no!

The guy sitting in the booth at the entrance/exit who takes your money as you leave?

No - I was thinking of garages in NYC where they park your car for you - not the ones where you park yourself.

I believe in meritorious compensation.

I tip folks who work, and work hard for a living. Screw off, don't take your job seriously, and your tip (or lack thereof) will reflect.
Agreed
On this matter I am a little OCD about my gear so I hate it when I ride with friends at unknown courses or even my course, and the bag boys get to my clubs before I can stop them and get halfway through the cleaning and then act frumpy when I tell them to stop and don't pay!

IMO they should always ask, since I am not paying up for something I def don't want and didn't ask for. Seriously I DO NOT like others using my gear or cleaning it, due to my own OCD-ness and what has been hammered into me by loving and tender drill srgt's! LOL

I agree, I don't like feeling obligated to tip the club cleaning person just because they sneak over while I was putting out on the 18th hole to clean my clubs with a dirty rag that barely gets them clean. Now if they asked me and I said yes I would give them a tip and how much they get depends on how the clubs look. If they ask me first and then half-ass it they get a buck, and I make a mental note not to let them do it again...

No - I was thinking of garages in NYC where they park your car for you - not the ones where you park yourself.

OK, I thought that sounded strange!

Agreed

I agree, I don't like feeling obligated to tip the club cleaning person just because they sneak over while I was putting out on the 18th hole to clean my clubs with a dirty rag that barely gets them clean. Now if they asked me and I said yes I would give them a tip and how much they get depends on how the clubs look. If they ask me first and then half-ass it they get a buck, and I make a mental note not to let them do it again...

QFT! I mean I don't mind tipping if I want it, but if I don't why sneak over and start then get mad when I don't pay? It'd be like me going to Wal-mart and the Chili's (always neary down here) waiter/tress freaking out aout me not tipping him/her........

Back