Branson Area - 2013 THP Invitational #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
P5040597-1024x768.jpg
I could hit over that water...........

I was thinking highlighter yellow maybe or some kind of electric blue

Highlighter yellow is taken. :alien:

I have a sort of canary yellow, which I also wore last year. I don't have electric blue, but I do have a pretty rockin' bright teal shirt, but it's not great to wear in the heat. We'll see what I can find in the Adidas and Nike outlet stores.

I live about 3 to 3 and a half hours north. I would love to have a carpool/roomie for this weekend, so anyone wanting to come to this is free to park at my house or we can meet up along the way. I'm right in the center if Mussouri, so I am assessable from most directions. I think I saw that Shark, JRod and my Ohio roadie/roomie Bhilln mentioned wanting to make the event, so offer is fully extended to you fellas. Lets fill this baby up!

You aren't quite on my way to Branson. I will either be driving through Sedalia or through Kansas City, all depending on where I stay for that particular weekend.

Oh ya, already building on an IOWA reunion!!

I hope so, would love to see all of you again, and spend some time with those of you I wasn't around.

This one is nice as is Murderers Rock and Branson Creek. I think those are the 3 "top dogs" with Payne Stewarts course being up there as well. We got some work to do buddy

I'm a pretty big fan of Payne Stewart, so I'd be interested in playing his course, but really, any course would do with some THPers.

There is a tonnnn to do in Branson! Make it happen

I've been there, and I'll reserve all of my commentary on it. Granted, I didn't go to any of the entertainment, but their old shopping district downtown was nothing to speak of.

Looks like we have a nice showing from the TX/OK crew!!

I just want to say, Texas and OK people, I really wanted to make it to the Dallas Invitational to return the favor for your fantastic attendance at Iowa last year, but it's the busy time of year, and I just can't swing it. So sorry, but I hope to see you all in Branson!

I haven't decided if I'm staying overnight or not. Hopefully it will workout for me. Me and Jeff have contacts in at 4-5 different courses and we just have some decisions to make

I notice you say "stay" overnight as opposed to "sleep." As I recall, you slept about an hour the first night, or maybe not at all last year.

~Rock

To echo Jeff, the Iowa tour stop may have been the best weekend of my life. I was going through some really rough things and these guys were so awesome. Honestly after you go to one of these,golf without THPers will never be the same

Ill just echo Jeff's sentiments. We want to keep the cost around where it has been for the other invitationals 69-85 dollars or so. Unfortunately I don't know if Branson Creek is going to help us at all with price. I really like the course, its beautiful, but there are some other very nice golf courses in Branson as well.

Whatever we pick it will be a beautiful course and we will have an amazing time

Couldn't say it better myself. Iowa last year was probably the single greatest golfing experience of my life, and that's going up against winning my City Tournament!

32 is the ultimate goal. I hope we have no issues reaching 32 of us

I don't remember the number at Iowa, but with the location of Branson, I think you can reach that.

~Rock

Mcrock,

Some epic multiquotes brotha! I hope we get to 32, and I really hope that everyone has a very very good time. Cannot wait to tee it up with you again man

Had to catch up on all the posts. Makes for a happy escape at work.

~Rock

I could hit over that water...........

I just made a mental note to bring swimming trunks myself lol

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I would love to be there but it is the same week as Presidents Club. Tis one is only a few hours away from me.

I know the opening thread mentions that there are only so many spots, my question how many is that? Sorry if it has been answered before, but I didn't see it.

Now I feel like an idiot as I was typing my message about 5 post mentioned the number.

I know the opening thread mentions that there are only so many spots, my question how many is that? Sorry if it has been answered before, but I didn't see it.

32 is usually the target goal. I know because response was so good, Ohio was expanded to 36 and Dallas currently has a waiting list to get it to 36.

The course in that second photo, has a Par 3 with a 100 foot drop to the green. 200 yards from the back tees. 170 from the blue. 140 from the white. 120 green. 116 red. Intimidating?

There is a little bluff behind the green, trust me you do not get a good bounce off of it lol

There is a little bluff behind the green, trust me you do not get a good bounce off of it lol

Question. If youve played Murderers Rock, Branson Creek, Payne Stewart, and Ledgestone could you give us some thoughts on them. Just curious from someone who has played them all

Question. If youve played Murderers Rock, Branson Creek, Payne Stewart, and Ledgestone could you give us some thoughts on them. Just curious from someone who has played them all

What this guy said. Let us know your thoughts if you have played these tracks and what ya' thought of them.

I'll have to see if I can talk my wife into making this trip. My only concerns are if there is enough to do in Branson that my 3 year old will like, and if I can keep my wife away from the beach for another year!

Branson is extremely kid friendly, even for a 3 year old...2 waterparks, 2 themeparks with nice rides and areas for the smallest of kids, umpteen go-kart and bumpercar tracks, umpteen putt putt places, music shows (mostly country), magic shows, etc etc etc...

I will promise you that if you bring your wife and small child to Branson and turn them loose for the day while you play golf they will beg to go back again and again.

Never really spent too much time that far south in MO during the summer. How's the heat/humidity in that area that time of year. The reason I'm asking is it might be a good excuse for me to visit family.

Now this is just my opinion ok :) All 4 courses are good. Branson Creek is my favorite course for a couple reason. It is tough but does not beat you to death. With the elevation and multiple tee boxes it is fun for all skill levels, and the views alone make it worth playing. Stewart is most manicured of all the course and it is pretty tough. My concern is it might be a little to hard, I took my dad down there and it beat him to death. But a great course. Murder Rock gets better every year, it is a great risk reward course, there are a lot of blind shots though and that could be tough on those who have not played it. But still a great course. Ledgstone is a good course, my least favorite of the 4, it is a little bunched together in spots. But again still a great course. We can not go wrong with any of the 4. Now I am sure others would have different opinions, but these are my takes on the courses.

Never really spent too much time that far south in MO during the summer. How's the heat/humidity in that area that time of year. The reason I'm asking is it might be a good excuse for me to visit family.

Its pretty hot and humid here. But all the courses the guys are talking about get nice breezes through the hills and its not unbearable. Just drink a lot of water :)

Looks like average highs in the low 90s. It will be warm, but not Las Vegas hot

And with all the shopping be careful giving your wife your credit card lol

Branson is extremely kid friendly, even for a 3 year old...2 waterparks, 2 themeparks with nice rides and areas for the smallest of kids, umpteen go-kart and bumpercar tracks, umpteen putt putt places, music shows (mostly country), magic shows, etc etc etc...

I will promise you that if you bring your wife and small child to Branson and turn them loose for the day while you play golf they will beg to go back again and again.

Missouri is pretty well known for getting pretty sticky this time of year. But, we are weird as well. It could be comfortable at 80 to 85, or, it could be 100 with a 110 index. Who knows.

Now this is just my opinion ok :) All 4 courses are good. Branson Creek is my favorite course for a couple reason. It is tough but does not beat you to death. With the elevation and multiple tee boxes it is fun for all skill levels, and the views alone make it worth playing. Stewart is most manicured of all the course and it is pretty tough. My concern is it might be a little to hard, I took my dad down there and it beat him to death. But a great course. Murder Rock gets better every year, it is a great risk reward course, there are a lot of blind shots though and that could be tough on those who have not played it. But still a great course. Ledgstone is a good course, my least favorite of the 4, it is a little bunched together in spots. But again still a great course. We can not go wrong with any of the 4. Now I am sure others would have different opinions, but these are my takes on the courses.

Thanks for that. Be sure to PM me or JeffReed about a contact if you happen to talk to your buddy before we hear back from Branson Creek. We are open to all four, but we really want to make sure everyone has a good time out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back