Does this get to you

jefffann

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Does it bother you if someone is talking in the background when you're trying to make your tee shot?I play with a lot of different people. Some are annoyed by the slightest movement of others on the tee box.Some can't tolerate even a whispered remark to another.Then there are some who have to comment on your swing or on anything else that might distract you. I've learned to take a shot while talking back to them and it's usually my best because of concentration .The thing is sometimes this just isn't about being courteous but there is a motive to the distractions.How do you feel about it. Does it bother you or can you play with a raucus going on during your swing?

Does it bother you if someone is talking in the background when you're trying to make your tee shot?I play with a lot of different people. Some are annoyed by the slightest movement of others on the tee box.Some can't tolerate even a whispered remark to another.Then there are some who have to comment on your swing or on anything else that might distract you. I've learned to take a shot while talking back to them and it's usually my best because of concentration .The thing is sometimes this just isn't about being courteous but there is a motive to the distractions.How do you feel about it. Does it bother you or can you play with a raucus going on during your swing?

Doesn't bother me unless they start talking right as I am swinging.

Doesn't bother me unless they start talking right as I am swinging.

Same here.

I don't care if they're talking, and I swing during the conversation, but it messes me up if they start in the middle of my swing. My Mom is the worst in the world about this, she means well, but gets excited about some things, and it comes out in the middle of someone's swing. :banghead:

I dont mind talking or movement during my swing, but the comments get to me after a while.
I cant stand it when someone tries to give me unsolicited advice because all it does is make me think about my swing too much and messes me up.
Im all for someone wanting to help, but there is a time and a place to work on swing mechanics and that place is not on the course.

I can tune out my own group, but if another group catches up to us - say on a par 3 - and starts talking - that makes me mad and then I'm distracted.

Talking doesn't bother me. Standing.right.in.front.of.me drives me nuts.

Talking doesn't bother me at all. It's the 20 handicap teaching professional that bugs the everloving heck out of me. My game is pretty solid and I do not need any tips from someone who can not hit it past the ladies tees. Sorry ladies.

Talking doesn't bother me at all. It's the 20 handicap teaching professional that bugs the everloving heck out of me. My game is pretty solid and I do not need any tips from someone who can not hit it past the forward tees. Sorry ladies.

Repeat after me: They are called the forward tees. In a pinch, the high handicappers' tees. Chromosomes have nothing to do with it.

Repeat after me: They are called the forward tees. In a pinch, the high handicappers' tees. Chromosomes have nothing to do with it.

Well - that's not accurate. If it was, courses wouldn't need Senior tees, which are usually right next to the Forward tees.

Well - that's not accurate. If it was, courses wouldn't need Senior tees, which are usually right next to the Forward tees.

Red tees: 30+ handicap
Gold tees: 20-30 handicap
White tees: 10-20 handicap
Blue tees: < 10 handicap

When I'm Golf God, that's how it's going to be.

Red tees: 30+ handicap
Gold tees: 20-30 handicap
White tees: 10-20 handicap
Blue tees: < 10 handicap

When I'm Golf God, that's how it's going to be.

Pound Ridge Golf Club suggests you play certain tees based on your handicap, but they don't enforce it. I think with $235 greens fees, it might anger people to be told which tee to use.

Talking doesn't bother me. Standing.right.in.front.of.me drives me nuts.

Do you mean right across from you? What about behind you (or more accurately, beside you, 10 or 15 feet away from you) down your target line. That's actually where I want people. I figure it's the best place for them to watch my shot in case I can't see where it goes.

I don't really care where you stand if you aren't moving around.

I think the only reason they have the "Senior" tees is because most men aren't secure enough to use the forward tees because they are called "ladies" tees.

I think the only reason they have the "Senior" tees is because most men aren't secure enough to use the forward tees because they are called "ladies" tees.

Didn't I just say that in fewer words. :rolleyes:

Maybe golf courses should take a "bi-lingual approach" and call them La Senior tees? :comp:

You can incorporate Ladies and Seniors together and no one feels jilted.

Maybe golf courses should take a "bi-lingual approach" and call them La Senior tees? :comp:

You can incorporate Ladies and Seniors together and no one feels jilted.

Women don't feel jilted and they don't have any hang-ups about which tees they play.

I believe it was Clare who said they should be called forward tees as chromosomes have nothing to do with it.....sounds a little jilted to me in some way

I believe it was Clare who said they should be called forward tees as chromosomes have nothing to do with it.....sounds a little jilted to me in some way

It's not Claire - it's the golf courses who are doing that in an effort to get men to be less sensitive about playing the forward tees. They are also mixing up the colors. I play many courses where the forward tees are now green. Let's be perfectly clear here - the men are the ones with the problem in this area.

Let's just call them the forward tees and be done with it.... I don't care what color the tees are that I play from as long as they are between 6500 and 6000 yards. Any less and I have to leave my driver in the bag too much and any more I have to play the par 3's as par 5's....

If I can wear a pink shirt, I can play the forward tees without feeling emasculated....Good Grief!

Didn't I just say that in fewer words. :rolleyes:

You usually do! :clapp:

Not jilted, Thanks. Just aware of too many high-handicappers who belong there but insist on playing from further back. (Oh heck--should that be farther?)

One complaint I do have about forward tees is that there are virtually never any risk-reward decisions. There's just one way to play the hole. Maybe if courses were more interesteing from the forward tees, more people would play from them?

Wow, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Forward tees it is. Now back the original subject.

I draw an imaginable line on the ground 1-2 feet from where my tee is and once I cross that line nothing short of Jesus coming back, or an atom bomb is gonna stop me. That being said sudden noises right at that crucial part of my downswing produce less than average shots but I can live with that since it doesn't happen all the time.

One complaint I do have about forward tees is that there are virtually never any risk-reward decisions. There's just one way to play the hole. Maybe if courses were more interesteing from the forward tees, more people would play from them?

Amen and on top of that I firmly believe that if you play scratch golf or any other kind of golf, your score should remain about the same.

Also sometime's the red's or whatever ya'll call em are fun to play from, period! Know more people who have holed out on 3 par's from tee shot playing the "foremost-ess" tees they could find, myself included. And no matter how far you are a hole-in-one is a hole-in-one is a hole-in-one!*

*Speaking of "hole-in-one's" youtube Anthony Kim, never had that happen yet! :D And what is more what on earth was that guy bending over for like that........? Prolly last time he EVER does that!

Wow, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Forward tees it is. Now back the original subject.
I don't think you hijacked it.It did take a turn down another road though.

Back