I know a lady who won a silver medal for Canada in badminton some years ago.

I'm in the North West.

Just been snowing hard, so looks like no golf next week now. Suppose I could get another Badminton day in next week. Just when I'm hitting the VRS so good aswell. :at-wits-end:

Got a mate that moved over Manchester way but not sure where he plays these days as I haven't spoken to him for a while

Am getting cheesed off with this weather here as well....just want to get out and hit a few balls

What racket(s) you looking to upgrading to?? I fancy trying a Li-Ning racket next.

Apologies Triple, somehow I managed to miss your question - I haven't decided on any particular racket, I will most likely go to the place where I get them re-strung and see what they have got. They are actually quite good in that they have a selection of rackets that you can borrow to try before you buy and seeing as most of our club use them, they don't mind us borrowing a few rackets at a time

Well after the enforced lay-off due to back troubles, I went back to playing last night and survived, although my legs were aching a bit this morning

Got a match tonight so fingers crossed it goes well and I don't do myself any injuries from trying too hard

I went to watch the quarterfinals when the olympics were in Atlanta, those folks play a much different game than we did in our back yard growing up. It was a lot of fun watching 3 world class matches going on at once.

Well we have had the live golf found thread, so thought I would have a live badminton match thread lol

So here we go....just warming up and deciding the pairings for the match then off we go

Win in the first game

21 - 18
21 - 14

Win number 2

21 - 10
21 - 12

But not expecting to win the final one...

Lost the third one

16 - 21
18 - 21

But wé won 6-3 overall si à good night overall

Well done on the comeback.

Been continuing to play badminton despite the improved weather and seem to improve much each week instead of months/years. :banana:
Did struggle last week though, as I tried compression socks but the feet kept slipping out of the shoe...lol.

Cheers, I had a few games at our club on Thursday night and then had another match on Friday which went even better - I won all 3 of my games and we won 8-1 overall but I think I overdid it a bit as I have been suffering with my back this weekend :angry:

I got both of my rackets re-strung after snapping a string in the match last week and I decided on new grips for them as well so it took a little bit of adjusting on Thursday night to the new strings as they are slightly different to what I have been using but I am enjoying them - they are BG80 Power at 27lbs and feel quite nice

Got a couple weeks off though as we are off to Spain for a week on Saturday and I can't make the club this week so hopefully a couple weeks off and some sun should get me sorted again

I remember playing badminton in high school gym class. It was a lot of fun.

I remember playing badminton in high school gym class. It was a lot of fun.

Long time since I left school...I have been playing for about 25 years now but still enjoy it

Played with a guy last week who ran me ragged, must had been at least in his late 60's/early 70's. I'm only 32 :beat-up:.

But as I mentioned above, feet kept slipping :bashful:

Back