Aftermarket shaft for Razr fit 9.5

alanaka24

Reaction score
Sorry in advance as I have searched and read many different posts about this general question but I have some specific questions that I was hoping I could get some help with. I bought a mint used Razr fit 9.5 after hitting a Diablo Octane 10.5 for awhile. I hit the Octane well but I came across a deal on the Razr fit that I couldn't pass up. I always had a pretty high ball flight with the Octane so I figured going with the a 9.5 wouldn't be too big of a deal. I was right to a certain extent. I'm now hitting the Fit well and keeping it straight after putting in some work with it but the ball is staying a little lower than I'd like. I bought the club with a S stock shaft in it and with my swing speed I have no business swinging a S flex shaft so I am looking to upgrade to a R aftermarket shaft. I REALLY don't wanna spend too much on the shaft as I have went pretty crazy on golf stuff lately trying to gear up for spring. Here's my question: Does anyone have any experience or any thoughts of pairing a pro launch blue shaft with a 9.5 degree Razr Fit? I like the pro launch because I've generally heard they are a pretty solid shaft at a really reasonable price point and I may be way off the mark but it seems that with the blue being a higher launching shaft it may help me get the ball back up a little. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can offer me.

The stock shaft offered by Callaway is a high launch shaft. Not sure if the Prolaunch Blue would provide a huge difference in trajectory, if at all. I would recommend setting the clubhead to C and that'll increase the loft of the club to 10.5*.

If you need a R flex you can probably find the stock shaft for far cheaper then the Prolaunch Blue. Just a thought.

You can get a prolaunch blue for $30-$36 on eBay with free shipping.

I hit the Matrix Radix HD6 shaft in my Razr Fit and I love the feel and the dispersion...but it's a little too high for me...if you need to get the ball up it might help.

Thanks for the replies guys. Really, my wanting an aftermarket shaft isn't so much about getting the ball higher (although that'd be nice) as it is about wanting to try and get a little more distance by switching to a R flex. My local fitter said basically that even a pro launch shaft would be "ten fold" better than the stock offering that came on the club. You guys think there's any truth to that or was he just trying to make some money. The guy seemed like he really knew his stuff but he also seemed to be just as interested in making money off me as he was in actually helping me. He was actually trying to sell me on a Harrison shaft for $200. Swore up and down that it was the best shaft out there right now.

I hit the Matrix Radix HD6 shaft in my Razr Fit and I love the feel and the dispersion...but it's a little too high for me...if you need to get the ball up it might help.

I'd agree but he did say price is a factor... I'd bet $150 is over that price limit.

I'd agree but he did say price is a factor... I'd bet $150 is over that price limit.

Yep, tryin' to keep it under $100 if possible. But if the right combination came along I could always be swayed.:D

Best thing you can do is get a fitting. Until then you're gambling with your dollars on picking and choosing shafts.

^Siri probably sucks.

Thanks for the replies guys. Really, my wanting an aftermarket shaft isn't so much about getting the ball higher (although that'd be nice) as it is about wanting to try and get a little more distance by switching to a R flex. My local fitter said basically that even a pro launch shaft would be "ten fold" better than the stock offering that came on the club. You guys think there's any truth to that or was he just trying to make some money. The guy seemed like he really knew his stuff but he also seemed to be just as interested in making money off me as he was in actually helping me. He was actually trying to sell me on a Harrison shaft for $200. Swore up and down that it was the best shaft out there right now.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle probably. I am not a fan of the stock Razr Fit shaft, but it isn't THAT bad, I have seen some guys absolutely bomb it with that shaft. I don't think it's fair to say that any shaft is "the best out there" as the shaft, when mated to a golf swing, is such a personal piece of equipment with regards to feel and performance. I think the ProLaunch blue is a pretty darn good shaft though, especially if you want a high ball.

Best thing you can do is get a fitting. Until then you're gambling with your dollars on picking and choosing shafts.

^Siri probably sucks.

I got a fitting...well, if that's what you wanna call it anyway. I wasn't too impressed with the guys apparent lack of interest. One thing I did take away from it though is that I should definitely be swinging a R flex. I actually did hit a pro launch blue while I was there and was getting some good results but It was with a different head, not my Fit. It was just some driver the guy had sitting around. I don't have any Golf Galaxy's or any other places like it in my general area so I'm kinda limited in that regard. The place I went to for my fitting is just a small local outfit and the guy seems pretty well versed but he also comes off as a pushy salesman too. He was trying really hard to get me to buy into reshafting my irons that I literally just bought because he said that Callaway's stock iron shafts can be all over the map. For instance an 8 iron might be S flex, a 5 may be R, and a 9 might be A. Don't know how much truth there is to that but that's what he told me.

He could've been right 5+ years ago. But that's not really true anymore. What's your zip code? I can do some research and see what I can come up with.

^Siri probably sucks.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle probably. I am not a fan of the stock Razr Fit shaft, but it isn't THAT bad, I have seen some guys absolutely bomb it with that shaft. I don't think it's fair to say that any shaft is "the best out there" as the shaft, when mated to a golf swing, is such a personal piece of equipment with regards to feel and performance. I think the ProLaunch blue is a pretty darn good shaft though, especially if you want a high ball.

Thanks, that's a really good way to look at it I guess.

He could've been right 5+ years ago. But that's not really true anymore. What's your zip code? I can do some research and see what I can come up with.

^Siri probably sucks.

Thanks for the offer...47803

Have you been to these places?

Golf Headquarters of Terre Haute
2820 Harding Ave
Terre Haute, IN 47802-3732
Tel: (800) 232-2844

Fairway Custom Golf
1641 S 25th St
Terre Haute, IN 47803-3677
Tel: (812) 478-3333

^Siri probably sucks.

Yeah fairway is where I went. It's actually right around the corner from my house and Golf Headquarters is now closed for good unfortunately. I didn't realize there was a Golf Tech in Indy. Not sure how I missed that one. In any case I will probably just head up there sometime. I'll be up that way in Carmel next Wed anyway.

personally I THINK the pro launch blue in a regular flex will be as strong if not a little stronger than the stock stiff in your fit. Actually that stock stiff you have leans more to a regular . Just change your setting to C to increase loft

If you'll be in Indy and want a fitting, goto Golf Solutions (106th & Michigan). I had a fitting yesterday and switched from the stock stiff to a Miyazaki B.asha 4S. Spin rates dropped by 800rpm and picked up 10 yds of carry.

Cory and Andrew at GS really know their stuff. 1 hour driver fitting is $90 and you get a $45 credit off anything you purchase at that time.

golfsolutions360.com is their website.

Sorry in advance as I have searched and read many different posts about this general question but I have some specific questions that I was hoping I could get some help with. I bought a mint used Razr fit 9.5 after hitting a Diablo Octane 10.5 for awhile. I hit the Octane well but I came across a deal on the Razr fit that I couldn't pass up. I always had a pretty high ball flight with the Octane so I figured going with the a 9.5 wouldn't be too big of a deal. I was right to a certain extent. I'm now hitting the Fit well and keeping it straight after putting in some work with it but the ball is staying a little lower than I'd like. I bought the club with a S stock shaft in it and with my swing speed I have no business swinging a S flex shaft so I am looking to upgrade to a R aftermarket shaft. I REALLY don't wanna spend too much on the shaft as I have went pretty crazy on golf stuff lately trying to gear up for spring. Here's my question: Does anyone have any experience or any thoughts of pairing a pro launch blue shaft with a 9.5 degree Razr Fit? I like the pro launch because I've generally heard they are a pretty solid shaft at a really reasonable price point and I may be way off the mark but it seems that with the blue being a higher launching shaft it may help me get the ball back up a little. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can offer me.

See if this chart helps...

titleist-913-shaft-chart.png

Thanks for all the insight guys. Most appreciated!

Back