Dogs or Cats and Why?

It doesnt get much better then obese kitties.
Spoiler

Spoiler
fat_cat_4.jpg

Spoiler
poza-fatcat.jpg

Spoiler
fat-cat.jpg

Spoiler
FatCat.jpg

Spoiler
fat-cat.jpg

Spoiler
fatcat_228x358.jpg

It doesnt get much better then obese kitties.
Spoiler

Spoiler
fat_cat_4.jpg

Spoiler
poza-fatcat.jpg

Spoiler
fat-cat.jpg

Spoiler
FatCat.jpg

Spoiler
fat-cat.jpg

Spoiler
fatcat_228x358.jpg

Funny part is, he isn't even fat, he's just a big hunk of cat muscle.

Also, why aren't scientists studying cats to help professional athletes? My cats can be totally relaxed, be startled and sprint at top speed, jumping a 6ft fence....yet, I have never seen a cat pull up lame with a pulled muscle. Imagine how many hamstrings could be saved every year if we could figure that one out

I just have to say I agree with Johnelli and CTech, I don't mind dogs, but I am partial to cats. You have to "win" a cats affection they make you "Earn" it but once you do they are as loyal as a dog or even moreso we have 2 dogs in our house that I tolerate, and coexist with, It probably isn't fair to the dogs that I show the cats more affection, but if one or the other is on my lap the dogs know not to come near me because the cats "Leo" and "Sabrina" have given them a good swat from time to time.

Dogs. Cats know that I'm allergic and flock to me. Plus, dogs don't :poop: inside. (I've been wanting to use that one since I joined here!)

what? Iguanas,rats,snakes,ferrets,rabbits,tarantulas,frogs get no love?
Why's it gotta be just between dogs and cats?

But I'm bi-pet.I like both dogs and cats.Right now dogless and down to one cat.

I'm allergic to cats so I've never had one. In fact, my wife gave up two that she had when we were dating. We were petless until Milo found his way into our home, and our hearts:

1171730img.jpg

Is that a Chihuahua/Jack Russel mix?

You know your dogs Harry. Milo is indeed a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. I snapped that photo a week or so after we got him. He's up to 14lbs now. He'll be 6 next month.

what? Iguanas,rats,snakes,ferrets,rabbits,tarantulas,frogs get no love?
Why's it gotta be just between dogs and cats?

I have owned many reptiles over the years...feeding time for the python always attracts many spectators

Anyone have an American Bull Dog for a companion? How about a Rott/Wolf mixed? No one uninvited bothers our home. :clapp:

Anyone have an American Bull Dog for a companion? How about a Rott/Wolf mixed? No one uninvited bothers our home. :clapp:

When I was growing up - we had a Doberman. Same thing - salesmen would run as soon as she looked out the door. I loved that dog.

My mother in-law has a Pitbull/Rotweiller mix. Biggest darn wuss of a dog you have ever seen. My little Jack Russel chases that dog all over the yard when she brings him over.

Our boxer talks a good game but I don't think he would make much of a guard dog. The strange thing is if I'm here with him alone and somebody comes to the door he doesn't make a sound. If the girls are here though he barks and growls like he is ready to attack.

My mother in-law has a Pitbull/Rotweiller mix. Biggest darn wuss of a dog you have ever seen. My little Jack Russel chases that dog all over the yard when she brings him over.

Jack Russells are spunky though. Milo fears no dog!

Our boxer talks a good game but I don't think he would make much of a guard dog. The strange thing is if I'm here with him alone and somebody comes to the door he doesn't make a sound. If the girls are here though he barks and growls like he is ready to attack.

Sounds like a very smart boy.

My fiance and I like both cats and dogs. Since we live in an apartment, we have only had cats together though. Not enough room for a dog to run around and play in here, and no yard to call their own.

Right now we have a ~20lb orange/white Maine Coon mix and a ~10lb black/white Hemmingway. We've already discussed what type of dog(s) we want to get when we have a house with a yard. My favorite is the Newfoundland, hers are the Holland Rottweilers. Since those are both quite large, we compromised and will likely look for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeder.

Dogs, because either it is not legal or easiy finacianally enough for me to own cats big enough that one can take hunting with you.........:banana:

And yes my AKC 100% King Ranch, white lab goes hunting/everything else with me, and she is pretty much AWESOME! Not very good guard dog tho, she is all bark etc until you say her name (Ivory), then she becomes your best buddy and will probably show you where the money is if you promise to scratch under her collar and rub her tummy. So if a BG does get in, hopefully said BG won't know her name! I am definitly HER alpha male/pack leader though, no leash and if she goes further than I want her to all I have to do is say her name, she IMMEDIATELY stops. Also like her owner the few times she has wanted to rumble she seems to go for the bigger opponents, thankfully she heeded my commands, tho seeing as she is 91 lbs and according to the vet in perfect health, body weight ratio she could do some damage I guess?

Only hard part is if I get deployed she has to visit Mom and Dad! :-( This is bad mainly because last time she picked up the really nasty habit of sleeping on the easy chair when I wasn't around, bed/everything else ok, favorite easy chair is harder to wash..........:banghead:

Only hard part is if I get deployed she has to visit Mom and Dad! :-( This is bad mainly because last time she picked up the really nasty habit of sleeping on the easy chair when I wasn't around, bed ok, favorite easy chair is harder to wash..........:banghead:

One of the reasons we went with leather!

My kids had an Old English Sheepdog when they were growing up. Clancy was a charmer and exceptionally well behaved. People always think of them as cuddly, but they were bred to protect herds of sheep from wolves! He had canine teeth that would rival a wolf and when he bared them, everyone backed up. Fortunately, he only disliked door to door salesman, to everyone else, he was a sweetheart.

Back