I´ll probably miss it also. Nordea Masters is on at the same time (I think) and Alex Norén is destroying Bubba Watson and the rest. 11 shots lead might not seem like a contest but he´s from the same club as me - so its a must watch!

I´ll probably flip between channels.

I missed it, much like i'm going to miss the race tommorrow. Stupid west coast time zone......

yeah, that's a 5am race for you... ouch!

Well they're showing it now here in the US on Tape Delay. So you guys will have to excuse me because I will be ignoring this thread for the next few hours. Getting my Nurburgring on.

Very good race today! I'm glad some of the other teams seem to finally be on point with red bull. Makes it much more interesting than know Vettel is gonna win.
Alonso had such a weird thing going early on, going off track multiple times... I think that kept him from beating Hamilton.
I cannot believe Vettel/Massa had to do a last lap pit to meet tire requirements, what a weird strategy.

Yes and it backfired(Massa). It was a fun race, Was really rooting for Alonso. Vettel was strangely quiet.

was getting tired of seeing Vettel win anyways. Did anyone catch Vettal on last weeks Top Gear? Guy's young, good looking, has a sense of humour and gets to drive F1 cars for a living. I hate him already.
:D

This weekend's race should be similar to last week, since there is not much time for car upgrades from Sunday to Friday... But the track is good, and has good opportunities for passing.
Pulling for Alonso, and the Mercedes boys. I hope the other teams can hold Vettel off yet again, making the fight for the championship an actual fight, not a one sided Red Bull win.

I´m rooting for Alonso. Redbull´s been allowed to run away a little bit too far to make the rest of the season interesting. But who knows, a couple of blown redbull engines and we just might have ourselves a season again!

I´m rooting for Alonso. Redbull´s been allowed to run away a little bit too far to make the rest of the season interesting. But who knows, a couple of blown redbull engines and we just might have ourselves a season again!

I think there is still a big fight going on... Ferrari and Mclaren are not far off on the track, and point wise, Hamilton and Alonso are on the way up. The constructors tittle will be hard to catch up to, but the drivers tittle is still open for the taking.
Renault have a very strong motor, so I doubt Red Bull is gonna have many of those issues, but we can only hope!

Alright, who saw the amazing race today?
What a crazy start, great strategy throughout.

Any F1 fans?

Any F1 fans?

I know that we must have a few F1 fans on THP. After all, there are a few of you from Europe and Canada here.

Anyone?

Well I used to like it before my cable sytem took off speed channel as part of my package. So I switched to DirectTv and I still dont have speed channel so I haven,t watched in a while. Is Lewis Hamilton still winning?

F1 is my favorite motor sport! I love all the technology in those cars.

Start of the 2013 F1 Season

Start of the 2013 F1 Season

Well tomorrow marks the start of the 2013 F1 season when qualifying gets underway "down under" for the Australian Grand Prix.

So - Who's your money on for this season, any team in particular you will be rooting for?

For me I am very keen to see how Perez gets on in a "big name" team. I think it's a bit of a gamble from McLaren's point of view, but with the stability that Jenson Button brings to the team I think they stand a good chance of doing well in the constructors championship if nothing else.

Equally keen to see if Lewis' move to Merc is a mistake or not. Personally, I think Mercedes are sandbagging somewhat and with Hamilton playing down their chances and suggesting race wins are not on the cards it makes me think all the more that they will come out flying in the first few races.

Red bulls - Looking good on paper again. Vettel no doubt keen to win another title and he has the goods if Red Bull can give him the car and the reliability. Webber I think is getting frustrated now, the team say they treat them equally but you have to wonder if that is actually true. Having said that whilst he is driving a competitive car and still getting good results Red Bull would be daft to upset him.

And then there's Ferrari. I am far from Alonso's biggest fan but you have to admire the way he drove last season in a car that was clearly far from "on form" for at least half of the season. There is no denying he is a gifted driver, and if Ferrari can give him even a half decent car this year, I am tempted to put my money on him to win the title

Can't wait for the start of the season - looking forward to seeing how this year plays out especially as it's the last year with the V8's in the cars. Not sure it will be the same again once they go to those pokey 1.6 V6 Turbos :angry:

Yay! A fellow F1 enthusiast.

I think Perez will struggle for a few races. I am liking Lotus right now and hopefully Ferrari comes out strong. You also know that Red Bull are always sandbagging. Should be a great season.

Yay! A fellow F1 enthusiast.

I think Perez will struggle for a few races. I am liking Lotus right now and hopefully Ferrari comes out strong. You also know that Red Bull are always sandbagging. Should be a great season.

My two sporting passions mate - Golf and Motor racing :alien2:

I hope the coverage this season is good.

Not tended to follow F1 these last couple of years due to the single-handed dominance of Red Bull which I found boring, more of a motorbike person myself, but having said that, it will be interesting to see how Hamilton does and how Perez gets on in his old seat

I think this year is going to be much tighter than expected. Red Bull isnt leaps and bounds faster in testing like they have been.

I think this year is going to be much tighter than expected. Red Bull isnt leaps and bounds faster in testing like they have been.

They are sandbagging. Give them about 3 or 4 races and they will be dominating again. I hope I am wrong.

It won't suprise me if they are up the fron again, but I think this year the likes of McLaren, Ferrari, Lotus and even Mercedes will be an awful lot closer.

As I said in the OP, my gut feeling is that if Ferrari give Alonso an even half decent car this year he will be up and away and difficult to catch, especially given that reliability is not usually an issue in the Ferrari.

Hopefully I am wrong about the above, because I would love to see Button bring it home in the Mclaren in his first season as the No1.

Well that was a bit of a surprise! Can much be read into the rest of the season from yesterday's result?

Back