Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

hmm these with a PX 5.5 might just be what I need.

go on.....................

Just thinking out loud. The dynalite shaft feels alright in them, but not the best for me. I'm looking for something to flatten them out a bit. My last time on the Shaft Optimizer had the PX 5.5 as the best option for me, which I ignored and went KBS because they felt better. However figuring that PX should launch a touch lower than KBS Tour makes them a strong considerable option for my swing.

interesting...
i'm looking for a higher ball flight from my longer-mid irons.

interesting...
i'm looking for a higher ball flight from my longer-mid irons.

perhaps the flighted shafts would suit you then

same here. Quite liked them in the X Hot Pro's

agreed. i have a feeling they would be pure money AMP Cell's. not sure how they would translate over into the Pro's though.

agreed. i have a feeling they would be pure money AMP Cell's. not sure how they would translate over into the Pro's though.

me either, I'd consider them and they might be a good fit for me if I went that way. I really don't know I'm just rambling

me either, I'd consider them and they might be a good fit for me if I went that way. I really don't know I'm just rambling

that's really all i ever do anyway.
i don't pretend to know anything about golf or even try to be good at it.

that's really all i ever do anyway.
i don't pretend to know anything about golf or even try to be good at it.

same here buddy. I just want a set of sticks that I can take out on the course and enjoy. These could be them for this year.

same here buddy. I just want a set of sticks that I can take out on the course and enjoy. These could be them for this year.

QFT! I agree with this! It's all we can ask for.

not that it is anyone in particulars responsibility to go one way or the other, but it looks like we'll have a good mix of Cobra offerings throughout the group of 8.

I think so too. I bet you see almost a complete split between these and the pro's which is going to be good representation of the brand at the MC.

Just thinking out loud. The dynalite shaft feels alright in them, but not the best for me. I'm looking for something to flatten them out a bit. My last time on the Shaft Optimizer had the PX 5.5 as the best option for me, which I ignored and went KBS because they felt better. However figuring that PX should launch a touch lower than KBS Tour makes them a strong considerable option for my swing.
I was fitted for the PX the last time I was on that mizuno optimizer, but went with the KBS in my current irons for the exact same reason, the PX always felt a bit stiff to me, but now I'm thinking that's exactly what I need, that would be an awesome combo in these AMP Cell irons or maybe even PXi, but that's a different train of thought!!!

I spent some quality time with these today, and the more and more I think about it, I wonder if these would give me the best chance for a good shot/swing even if I'm not on my best game that day!

I really hope I can find a good shaft to match.

Iron Chart:
2013CobraShaftOptimizerIrons_zps7966434f.jpg

I spent some quality time with these today, and the more and more I think about it, I wonder if these would give me the best chance for a good shot/swing even if I'm not on my best game that day!

I really hope I can find a good shaft to match.

did you hit any iron shafts with them outside of the stock? Try the graphite again?

did you hit any iron shafts with them outside of the stock? Try the graphite again?

Just stock this time. Jim didn't want me to do the graphite only because he thought down the road it might get me into a bit of trouble on my left and right misses. I'm headed back to the store some time for more iron shaft choices. I'd really like to try the Nippon or px flighted on this head!

Siri speaks for me!

Using the same structure as our driver for the irons, my pondering starts at this:

Club:
AMP Cell
Length: Stock
Lie: 1* Up
Set: 5-PW
Driver head color: Red
Shaft Choice & Flex:
Option 1: Project X Flighted 95 6 (Special Order)
Option 2: Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff (Custom)
Option 3: AMP Cell Dynalite 90 Stiff (Stock)
Grip Choice: Golf Pride ZGrip Cord, + 1 wrap (Logo down)
Dexterity: Right handed

Thoughts?

Looks like you got it all figured out Icey!

The fit n fly app recommended these for me. Howzat brought the loft of the 5 iron to my attention with it being at 24. Has me thinking about not ordering a 5 now.

Back