March 2013 - Jacksonville, FL Area THP Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down for wherever, just looks like a fun challenge. I'm goona be there around 8 to warm up .

Im in! Need the early tee time as I have a performance at 2pm that day in down town jax. Hopefully I can get in a full 18! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So we have 7 confirmed at the moment. If we can get 12 the rate is $59, otherwise it will be $69. If we can't get 12 THPers I don't mind a few non-THPers filling out the ranks - we can recruit them during the round. :)

Weather looking a little iffy at this point, now showing 60% chance of scattered showers on Saturday, but maybe that will be an afternoon thing after we get in our 18.

Any other THPers in mind? Looks like our normal Jax guys are in.

Going to try and play one afternoon this week to see how the course looks and get some practice in. Never played here and trying to do some scouting.

Any other THPers in mind? Looks like our normal Jax guys are in.

Going to try and play one afternoon this week to see how the course looks and get some practice in. Never played here and trying to do some scouting.

CHEATER!!!... no j/k have fun and hit'em well

CHEATER!!!... no j/k have fun and hit'em well

Haha...got out yesterday afternoon and squeezed in 18. Course is in great condition. Fairways and rough are dry but that's normal this time of year. Greens are PERFECT and FAST. Shot an 89 with a lot of shots left out there.

Not sure if everyone has played there but course is very open and a lot of fun. Really looking forward to playing with you guys!!

Looking forward to reading about the outing guys, wish I could get up there but I just can't go up this weekend. Play well and take some pics.

Looking forward to reading about the outing guys, wish I could get up there but I just can't go up this weekend. Play well and take some pics.

Thanks! It is my first outing with THP'ers and I cannot wait! Gonna be a blast!

Weather Forecast for Saturday isn't looking too good.

Hi all,
I will not be able to join you on this one, but I hope to join up soon. I am moving from Nashville to Gainesville, FL in couple weeks and will be looking for THPers to play with, hopefully this spring and summer. Hope to meet up with some of you and play some courses in the area.

Hi all,
I will not be able to join you on this one, but I hope to join up soon. I am moving from Nashville to Gainesville, FL in couple weeks and will be looking for THPers to play with, hopefully this spring and summer. Hope to meet up with some of you and play some courses in the area.

Sure thing. Keep your eyes open and join us when you can.

Weather for Saturday looking iffy, but best I can find right now is that most of the rain will be afternoon and evening, so we should hopefully be ok in the morning.

Hi all,

I live in Gainesville, but I mostly just play at my home course. If you're interested (legitimately or for a free round of golf) in possibly joining a club, I don't think it would be a problem getting you on one weekend after you get settled in. Other than when I travel though, I don't really play the courses around here. You'll likely be disappointed in what this otherwise great little city has to offer in terms of golf course quality. Unless you work for and live near the university, or have the means to afford a true country club membership at the one old school equity club in town, the pickings are pretty slim.

The muni is just OK, OK greens and tee boxes but the fairways and rough are unpredictable and hard. Overpriced as well if you ask me. There's an executive course that's brutal but has a decent lighted driving range, and then there's one other course on the NW side of town that is just awful. It's a decent fun track, but it's in horrible shape and has been for 15 years.

Thanks dpgator. I have seen the Haile Plantation course and the Gainesville Country Club course but have not played either. Good to hear a review of the muni, is that Ironwood? I heard it was redone recently. Hope to meet up in the next couple months and play a round. Will let you know when I get to town. Moving is a pain, as we are looking for a house. Prices are way off, people trying to get pre 2007 prices! Not gonna happen. LOL.

Morning should be fine, w. the rain coming in the afternoon. Are we all set?

I've been watching it closely too. Think we will be fine. Maybe some wind to deal with.

Did we find #8? My guys are out.

Food for thought, I just joined Deercreek this week. We could play there next time!

Food for thought, I just joined Deercreek this week. We could play there next time!

Nice! My in-laws are members at Deercreek as well but I have yet to play there... now that school is over until the fall I should hopefully be able to get in a few rounds there.

As for #8... I have asked a few non-THP'ers and everyone seems to be busy this weekend. Mainly because everyone I know is from my church and our big 3 night performance is this weekend and that includes a lot of people.

I'd love to play Deercreek again, been over a year since I've been out there.

I couldn't find an 8th player, either.

Weather, I think, should be ok until the afternoon after we are finished playing. May be a breeze, but should stay mostly dry.

Thanks dpgator. I have seen the Haile Plantation course and the Gainesville Country Club course but have not played either. Good to hear a review of the muni, is that Ironwood? I heard it was redone recently. Hope to meet up in the next couple months and play a round. Will let you know when I get to town. Moving is a pain, as we are looking for a house. Prices are way off, people trying to get pre 2007 prices! Not gonna happen. LOL.
Ironwood is the muni, and they did redo all the greens and tee boxes as well as some other improvements, so it's "better" than it's been in the past. It used to be jokingly called "Ironweed" back in the day. But honestly, back in the day it was better because it was like $20-25 and they always had specials, now it's like $38 and even in the afternoon it's hardly any less. I was there once this summer and the mosquitoes were horrible. I had to buy a $8 bottle of OFF at the turn just to get by. Besides, it's not in the best location for a lot of the golfing community, way over by the airport on the east side of town. The other courses aren't even worth discussing if you respect the game at all, so I'll leave it at that.

If you have questions about any areas/neighborhoods let me know. My wife and I went through the process a few years back and learned about some of the dirty little secrets in some parts. Not to mention I've lived here for almost 30 years so I know my way around. And if you're interested in Haile, I can answer any questions about it for you. The dues are reasonable and the facilities are decent for what it is. And it's like 3 minutes from my house, so that's nice!

It's 630 and time to get up gentlemen. I've worked all night I'm hyped up on coffee and ready to play golf!

In the words of the annoying Michael Breed " Let's do this!!!!"

It's 630 and time to get up gentlemen. I've worked all night I'm hyped up on coffee and ready to play golf!

In the words of the annoying Michael Breed " Let's do this!!!!"

Hey bro! Im in the way!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Had a great time today regardless of the rain. Great meeting all of you and can't wait to do it again. Huge thanks to Penglynns(Alan) for setting it up for us!

No doubt had a fun time as well, thanks again alan for setting this up. We definitely need to have another get together. I was really surprised the condition the course was, and the greens were on point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back