2013 Ohio v Michigan outing: TreeTops

Yea good point. So Day 1 is teams low score. If its a tie, we go to team total? Or just halve the match?

Tapa Slice

Yea good point. So Day 1 is teams low score. If its a tie, we go to team total? Or just halve the match?

Tapa Slice

both sound good, we can see how we are going to play the rest of the rounds and see if half points are something doable or if we should figure out tiebreakers

Well since we're on the topic of match structure, we could do it something like this:

Day 1 Morning Session: Best Ball
Day 1 Afternoon Session: Best Ball
Day 2 Morning Session: 2 Man Scramble
Day 2 Afternoon Session: 2 Man Best Ball
Day 3 Morning Session: ThreeTops. That's still up for debate
Day 3 Afternoon Session: Singles Match Play

Again this is just a suggestion. I'm always up for whatever tho so let me know what you think.

Tapa Slice

Well since we're on the topic of match structure, we could do it something like this:

Day 1 Morning Session: Best Ball
Day 1 Afternoon Session: Best Ball
Day 2 Morning Session: 2 Man Scramble
Day 2 Afternoon Session: 2 Man Best Ball
Day 3 Morning Session: ThreeTops. That's still up for debate
Day 3 Afternoon Session: Singles Match Play

Again this is just a suggestion. I'm always up for whatever tho so let me know what you think.

Tapa Slice

Alright, I was thinking something like this

Match 1: Team Best Ball
Match 2: 2 man scramble (that way we can mingle with the other team also)
Match 3: 2 man Best Ball
Match 4: 2 man alternate shot, but both players hit tee shots and then proceed alternate shot from there.
Match 5: However really 2 man best ball works or I think when I planned my trip last year we did 2 man totals for each hole which was fun, that way both players score matters.
Match 6: singles matches sounds good.

Match 5 is only gonna be 9 holes on ThreeTops. Just something we have to keep in mind

Tapa Slice

I know, Thats why 2 man total will be good, every shot counts.

I agree with phillys and my plus 1 gave it the thumbs up

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with phillys and my plus 1 gave it the thumbs up

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Those matches seem good, but I don't want it do be me and my buddy, and soldier and his buddy playing together and then the other team playing together. I am hoping to have a good time with everyone. And thats want it seems like day one is.

Those matches seem good, but I don't want it do be me and my buddy, and soldier and his buddy playing together and then the other team playing together. I am hoping to have a good time with everyone. And thats want it seems like day one is.

I agree. I think mixing it up like you suggested is a good idea

Tapa Slice

How's everyones game looking so far this year?

How's everyones game looking so far this year?

We haven't gotten out yet. Tomorrow we have a round booked so it'll be real nice to get out and see how much rust there is

Tapa Slice

Dang I've now play 2 9 hole rounds in Ohio already, lol. Tomorrow will be my official start if the season though.

Ill post our scores on here when I get home. Really looking forward to startin the season today

Tapa Slice

Boy are we rusty lol that's all ill say right now

Tapa Slice

Walked nine holes, shot a 46, 4/7 fairways, 1/9 greens, 17 putts.
I know my score doesn't show it but I felt I played great. Driver and iron play was outstanding. I'm blaming the lack of Girs on no GPS and the course wasn't marked, not even 150 yards. I was 1 club short 7/9 holes.

I went 54-45 for a crowd pleasing 99. It was windy and the course played super tough with the conditions. Countless tee shots landed and plugged. And I played the round counting everything and took full penalty every time. My driver was Mr Automatic today which was odd. And my iron play got better as the day went along. Tough score but like you said I felt I played a lot better than that. Conditions were a huge factor. I'm just glad I have a round under my belt for the year and I'm just gonna build off of it

Tapa Slice

And I'm pretty sure DavidWinchell shot a 74 lol he's annoyingly consistent

Tapa Slice

Our third played a lot like I did

Tapa Slice

That's how I feel, I'm glad the season has started. I was stressing as my game on the range was horrendous, but I went out and did not have any wayward irons. Another thing for me was they literally were rolling the greens as I teed off. So they were lightning fast. Screwed my putter all up.

That's how I feel, I'm glad the season has started. I was stressing as my game on the range was horrendous, but I went out and did not have any wayward irons. Another thing for me was they literally were rolling the greens as I teed off. So they were lightning fast. Screwed my putter all up.

Yea the greens we played on were pretty long so everything was very slow. And the range was closed. Didn't add up to a good scoring day

Tapa Slice

Alright, I was thinking something like this

Match 1: Team Best Ball
Match 2: 2 man scramble (that way we can mingle with the other team also)
Match 3: 2 man Best Ball
Match 4: 2 man alternate shot, but both players hit tee shots and then proceed alternate shot from there.
Match 5: However really 2 man best ball works or I think when I planned my trip last year we did 2 man totals for each hole which was fun, that way both players score matters.
Match 6: singles matches sounds good.

I say we swap match 3 and match 4. We play signature twice (match3 and match6). This way were all pretty much playing our own ball and shots on every course. Alternate shot can be the first match we play on signature and singles match can be the second match we play on signature

Tapa Slice

I say we swap match 3 and match 4. We play signature twice (match3 and match6). This way were all pretty much playing our own ball and shots on every course. Alternate shot can be the first match we play on signature and singles match can be the second match we play on signature

Tapa Slice

Ya, I fine with whatever. The only reason I suggested alternate shot, is that it saves some shots on the body. 36,36,27 wears down my body quick lol. But if no one else likes alternate shot we can try something else.

Haha i agree. I talked with my guys and everyone is cool with alternate shot. So I say we go with your idea for structure just flip 3 and 4 around

Tapa Slice

Ya sounds good to me

Did we ever come up with a name?

Back