reshafting my r9 460

solidkjames

Loves drowning golf balls
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8CGA
I'm looking for some suggestions for a shaft to put in my r9 460. Right now its the stock adila stiff shaft and to be honest it hits the ball higher than I would like. I used a callaway x460 before with the fujikura 73 gram stiff shaft that played more like a xtra stiff but the x460 has a closed face and it led to alot of pulled drives. I know I hit the r9 ALOT straighter but I feel im robbing myself of 10 to 15 yards with the current shaft and its ability to hit such a high towering drive when I hit the ball really good. My average driver swing speed is between 95-100 and I typically like to play my r9 with a neutral set up with 1 degree flat lie and square face. Has anyone had and luck with a good not too stiff mid trajectory shaft in one of these clubs? Thanks for any input.

Graphite Design Tour AD

However I recommend getting a fitting done because shafts are so personal.

Graphite Design Tour AD

However I recommend getting a fitting done because shafts are so personal.

Thanks JB. I did get fit for all of my clubs however hitting on the launch monitor I was pulling rpms below 3000 but for some reason as I've improved this summer my ballflight has progressively gotten higher. I'm just trying to get a few suggestions of things to try out when I do go and get a new shaft put in my driver and possibly my 3 wood. As I said I know my old fujikura worked well and I've had my eye on the speeder 757 line for a while. They have a good mid launch trajectory from my understanding.

Ok I just went and changed my setup to neutral right which is 1 degree open and .5 flat. I'm gonna play this weekend to see if I can get a little more roll because right now I'm hitting it 240-250 with less than 10 yards roll on flat holes. If I can get an extra 10 yards roll I would be happy with my current shaft. I know I'll get a flatter trajectory out of this thing as thats why they let you change them lol. Changing my shaft will now by my last resort, thanks for getting me thinking more JB lol. I had a senior moment at the ripe old age of 32.

Back