Miiyazaki shaft help

Cats04

Reaction score
Handicap
7.8 GHIN
Good Morning all,

So I finally did a driver fitting/review - it was excellent but the only problem was the "lack" of shafts that the fitter had. His fitting was a bit different from the general fittings I have had in the past (I am not a long hitter/pretty straight and pretty normal ball flight). I have always been put into a higher launch non tip stiff shaft to get distance. He said I have a bit of a quick transition and actually could benefit from a bit of a stiffer tip. With the shafts he had he fit me into an ACCRA dymatch 2.0 MT reg and an Aldila NVS 65 reg. I currently am hitting a made for Illima red in reg flex. Disperstion was much better with these shafts than my current, but overall numbers didn't change a whole lot. Here are my numbers and any input would be a huge help!!! Any Miyazaki experts please chime in - in comparing the numbers on the shaft recommendations alone it looks like the blue would work, but I always figured I fit into the white or silver kusula line!!

Avgs:
Carry - 200 -205
Total - 215 -220
Speed - 88 -92
Smash factor - 1.44 avg
Spin RPM - 2730 avg

I am not looking to change a whole lot but just get a quality driver shaft...and a touch more distance wouldn't hurt. If there is any info I am missing please let me know.

Thanks to anyone who chimes in.

If you are going to be at the Ohio Invitational this weekend, we can test it out for ourselves with a few of their options.
As for the numbers, do you by chance have launch angle? Im guessing its a tad low based solely on spin and speeds, I could be wrong there.

Thanks JB - The outing is about a half an hour away from me but I couldn't make the whole day so I had to unfortunately give up my spot. I was so hoping to make it out. He gave me a Launch Vert. avg - 16.87 and Lauch Horz. avg - 2.3. Does that make sense? Said height avg was about 80 and ball speed was about 128 avg.

Thank you!

Hmmm. High launch low spin and lower swing speed. Lets see. Its hard without seeing any ball flight, but you do not need to lower spin, but flight could come down a tad (14-15 range) generally speaking with your ball speed. I would say the Kusala Black could be a godsend in that nature.

Another option is the B. Asha series. If you go that route, I would look at the 5R. While it is softer in the tip region, it is quite stable and watching trajectory builds as they were being constructed, launch is definitely mid.

Sent you a PM, if you can't make it to the event JB mentioned, I'm local and have a ridiculous amount of drivers in my bullpen if you want to game a few to try out different shafts...

Yeah I do cast quite a bit as well which doesn't help. I would have never thought the black would be an option. I will take a harder look at the Blue/Black and B. Asha in 5R. I am hoping a miyazaki works and appreciate all the feedback so far! This is why I needed to be at the outing - if I didn't have a 3pm closing I would have been there. Thanks for the info so far - this place is the best.

Thanks Hereisnowhy! I just got it and will certainly be in touch -- I appreciate you even offering something like that.

Well since I couldn't make the Ohio outing due to a closing in the afternoon I hit a demo day up Saturday morning. I think JB was right the blue or black will be my best bet as I hit the Titleist booth and got the best numbers from the Diamana Ahina 62 Stiff flex. It lowered my flight and I averaged about the same distance off the tee with more roll! The Cleveland booth had a decent shaft selection but mostly X flexs. I've had a ton of fittings from guys in the past and everyone always put me in regular flex and very loose tips because of my slower swing speed. It just goes to show that swing speed isn't everything -- in the last 3 yrs I've only looked for drivers with this build and I think it has hurt me. With the Adina my dispersion was awesome and I could really go after the ball. Just something to think about next time you are looking....don't only look at/hit what some guy in a golf shop says just by reading the generic numbers.

Well since I couldn't make the Ohio outing due to a closing in the afternoon I hit a demo day up Saturday morning. I think JB was right the blue or black will be my best bet as I hit the Titleist booth and got the best numbers from the Diamana Ahina 62 Stiff flex. It lowered my flight and I averaged about the same distance off the tee with more roll! The Cleveland booth had a decent shaft selection but mostly X flexs. I've had a ton of fittings from guys in the past and everyone always put me in regular flex and very loose tips because of my slower swing speed. It just goes to show that swing speed isn't everything -- in the last 3 yrs I've only looked for drivers with this build and I think it has hurt me. With the Adina my dispersion was awesome and I could really go after the ball. Just something to think about next time you are looking....don't only look at/hit what some guy in a golf shop says just by reading the generic numbers.

I have the Miya Blue 61S in my 910 D2. Even though its a stiff, it may give you a better idea than the X's you tried. Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up and test it out sometime.

For sure - Thanks for the offer.

Back