Anybody carry less than 14 clubs?

I'm at 13 in the bag as well. I'm thinking of adding a wedge, but not sure if its worth it.
I'm happy with everything from driver to u wedge. Gaping is pretty good. Only thing I might would change there is replacing 3 hybrid with a super hybrid, to split the difference between 4h and 3w a little better. But that is splitting hairs.
On the lower end, my U wedge is 49*, so I've thought about going 53, 57. But I have grown to like the u wedge for pitching, chipping and less than full shots. My 55 is mostly for bunker play, with only an occasional full swing with it. I have a bigger gap between the u and 55 than I would like, but so far it hasn't been a problem, other than in my mind.

I've been known to carry 15 on occasion.

12 for me, been that way for so long I forget when it started. I like to hit lots of different shots with each one so I don't ever have situations where I'm wishing I had a club that I don't carry.

Interesting topic which made me pause and give some thought. My first inclination is a desire to be able to add a club or 2 to the bag, definitely a scoring club, but after reading a few of the previous comments I thought about how often I use anymore than 7 or so clubs in any round. This led me to what club, or clubs would I take out of the bag if the limit was decreased. Well definitely not a scoring club since dependent on how I am striking the ball I may find a need for any one of them in a round. This led me to the realization that if there was one club I would remove it would be the 3 wood. I think the 3 wood is an obvious choice, based on what the demands are at the club I play. The only times I use the 3 wood is on par 5's where I am trying to either reach the green in 2 or give myself a decent chance at pitching close enough to have a birdie chance, without the 3 wood I would find myself with a more demanding approach shot. I think the effect on my scores would probably be 1 or 2 strokes over 10 rounds, fairly insignificant. Anyways that is a long answer to what probably could have been a short comment :)

If I didn't carry all that I was allowed to, I would definitely add a left handed 7 iron or something for those situations where you gotta hit from the wrong side. May as well if you have a spot.

I have 14 and they all are crucial to my game. if I had to choose which one to take out.. it might be the lob but that's a tough decision

I only have 13 in my bag at the moment but have just figured out that my SW and my other wedge I brought have the same lofts so that's pointless having them both. I take one out and then ill be down to 12. I am looking at a 5wood and a GW to fill the last 2 spots though.

I only carry 13 in my bag, but I don't carry a driver so that would make 14 if I put one in the bag

I am looking to change things around later in the year hopefully starting with new irons so depending on what I get will depend on how the rest of the bag gets filled

I'm currently using 13 as well. I never quite found the need for multiple wedges, I actually prefer to have the flexibility to hit several different types of shots with one or two wedges rather than carry a traditional 52, 56, 60 (or whatever combination you can structure together). I'm debating taking out my RBZ 3-wood as well given my inconsistencies with it's stroke (user error :angry:)

At the moment, I'm only carrying 13 clubs, I'm looking to eventually buy a 60* wedge, but haven't because of how poor I am at the moment- poor college student hahaha

Carried 12/13 for a long while, then discovered Scor wedges and system, and now have five wedges in the bag!

I carry all 14 i need ever advantage i can get

No. There seems to always be some situation somewhere where I would need them all

I carry 11 irons and a putter...no driver for me since I prefer using a long iron over my driver

I'm playing Di9 irons. 5-sw. No 3, 4i, missing gap+lob wedges... and the gap between pw and sw is HUGE.
Next set i'll go 4-pw, 52 and 56° wedges, 3, 5w, driver, putter... and i guess thats still short 1 club. I'm not going to get a 60° wedge, but maybe i'll see if i can hit a 3i, from tees at least.

I play 13 and have no idea what else to add. I have a consistent 10 yrd gap between my clubs. I am looking to sell my mizunos and try to get i20s so maybe that will cause some gaps

Down to 12. Driver, 5w, 23 hybrid, 5-pw, sw, lw and putter. Not seeing huge distance issues so that's it for now.

Never ever ever. I like to be creative with my shot selection, so having all 14 clubs in the bag ensures I'll be able to do something. I've seen tons of people wish they had a chipper or high lofted wedge when they need it most, and most go out and get it soon after.

I play some shorter 9-hole courses around here and take out my 3 and 4 irons. I don't need the distances from the long irons on these courses.

Back