Securing tubes in a golf bag.

Rageshadow

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
I have a Datrek 14 slot bag that I love the outside of the bag but have always hated the less than full length dividers. Well at Academy Sports last night I picked up 13 tubes. This should remedy the binding of my clubs, however you have to pull them straight out or the grip grabs the tubes and they come out also. Does anyone have any ideas how to secure the tubes in the bag?

Did you remove the old tubes? Can you super glue the tubes to the top or old tubes?

Did you remove the old tubes? Can you super glue the tubes to the top or old tubes?

There were no tubes, not sure what kind of glue will stick to both the canvas of the bag and the plastic of the tubes.

plastic tubes are a huge pain in the behind more than they are helpful. I do not know of any glue made for holding them to the bottom of a bag but I think using a heated glue gun would be your best bet.

There were no tubes, not sure what kind of glue will stick to both the canvas of the bag and the plastic of the tubes.

Gorilla glue...

since the dividers aren't full length you can drill 2 holes through the tubes and thread the holes with some kind of binding like paracord or zip ties and tie the tubes to the dividers. You can basically tie 2 tubes to a single divider with 1 tie if you line the holes up.

since the dividers aren't full length you can drill 2 holes through the tubes and thread the holes with some kind of binding like paracord or zip ties and tie the tubes to the dividers. You can basically tie 2 tubes to a single divider with 1 tie if you line the holes up.

I don't have any experience with this but, perhaps, you can bind the tubes at the bottoms before you insert them. If you can tie 3 together and then insert them they will be less likely to all come out together.

Maybe you can even tie more together just as you insert them but before they are pushed all the way down.

How about some pictures so we can see exactly what you are up against.

Yes ..wrap the top part (just below the lip) of the tube with the grabbing part of velcro. Used this method with my Datrek bag

tap'n from my big as Note2

The hook part of velcro..

tap'n from my big as Note2

Bumping an old thread because I am trying to find the best way to use my Cobra bag that we received at the Morgan Cup (Thanks again CPG/THP!!!!) and my thought came to these tubes.

Found tubes for $0.99 online and thinking I am going to try velcroeing the tubes into individual slots in the bag, and possible just tape them at the bottom of the bag. This way they should stay in place, but have the option of removing them if need be.

Back