SCOR Wedge Review Thread - THP Forum Testing

Funny thing is that Pelz book I ordered never showed up. Havent gotten around to ordering another one. For now, using the grip down.

I assume you are sticking with the Pelz?

yeah its working well for me i would love to try the grip down as well and maybe do a combo of the 2 but with the MC and getting new wedges for that as well i will prob wait on trying anything to complicated till after. but it will be awesome to have several other options to get more distances dialed in. the way i look at it is the more distances the better but i've also realized even when i get distances close to each other its a great option because ones with like a 60* and ones with a 45* so you have 2 shots there with similar distances one that will hit and stop and one that will roll more so depending on the green and pin placement theres more options available there as well. its been great and i really think these will be a great fit for the pelz system for me

yeah its working well for me i would love to try the grip down as well and maybe do a combo of the 2 but with the MC and getting new wedges for that as well i will prob wait on trying anything to complicated till after. but it will be awesome to have several other options to get more distances dialed in. the way i look at it is the more distances the better but i've also realized even when i get distances close to each other its a great option because ones with like a 60* and ones with a 45* so you have 2 shots there with similar distances one that will hit and stop and one that will roll more so depending on the green and pin placement theres more options available there as well. its been great and i really think these will be a great fit for the pelz system for me

Sweet! Once I get moved into my new APT I will order it from someone else haha

Sweet! Once I get moved into my new APT I will order it from someone else haha

wish they would put it on itunes so i could download it but i actually brought my copy into work today to reread a few chapters i wanted to sharpen up on.

For me personally it wasn't the club. Just me not playing Bermuda very often. I struggle with those shots.

Is your gapping closer with the scors I'd rather lose distance and have a tighter gapping inside of 150.

I haven't been consistent enough with full shots to even gauge distances/gapping. Part of my problem is that I play twice during the week, then am either playing or busy when the weekends arrive. I haven't been able to get to the range and figure them out.

Once I spoke with Barry, and he suggested the lighter stiffer shaft to be more consistent with my irons, I figured I would try that and get to the range.

I haven't been consistent enough with full shots to even gauge distances/gapping. Part of my problem is that I play twice during the week, then am either playing or busy when the weekends arrive. I haven't been able to get to the range and figure them out.

Once I spoke with Barry, and he suggested the lighter stiffer shaft to be more consistent with my irons, I figured I would try that and get to the range.

good luck i'm looking forward to getting the right shafts in mine. full shots are going left when i swing hard but regular flex really doesn't work for my swing speed.

good luck i'm looking forward to getting the right shafts in mine. full shots are going left when i swing hard but regular flex really doesn't work for my swing speed.

That is a massive understatement

wish they would put it on itunes so i could download it but i actually brought my copy into work today to reread a few chapters i wanted to sharpen up on.

The tattooed guy reads? Oops, sorry if that stereotype hurt you in any way.

I had a chance to hit these wedges today, both off mats and grass, as well as take some balls to a practice green and chip and I was blown away. I love my J40 wedges but these things are brilliant. I never realised from looking at pictures online quite how small a head they have or how pretty they are. They're heavier than the J40's and far smaller but holy hell they feel so much better on impact and I think create significantly more greenside spin. They're on special for NZ$149 at the moment and I'm giving strong consideration to selling my J40's and putting that cash towards the scor wedges. Possibly 52* and 58* ?

Put these back in my bag the last two rounds for old times' sake. I must say that I forgot how much I love these things on full swings. I seem to have much better distance control on full shots than I do on my Cleveland wedges. I do feel a bit more comfortable with my RTX wedges near the green, but I'm sure the comfort will be back with the SCOR wedges in this range after a few more rounds with them and getting re-accustomed to them after a year of them being in the backup bag.

Still have mine in the bag. Looking to find replacements for when they run out of groove. Fantastic wedges.

Put these back in my bag the last two rounds for old times' sake. I must say that I forgot how much I love these things on full swings. I seem to have much better distance control on full shots than I do on my Cleveland wedges. I do feel a bit more comfortable with my RTX wedges near the green, but I'm sure the comfort will be back with the SCOR wedges in this range after a few more rounds with them and getting re-accustomed to them after a year of them being in the backup bag.

Still have mine in the bag. Looking to find replacements for when they run out of groove. Fantastic wedges.
When you get to that point check out the Hogan TK15s

When/If Hogan comes out with their new wedges in LH, I will likely look to move on to those, but for now, I am quite happy with my SCOR wedges and they have a lot of groove life, still.

Hmm, I just picked up a SCOR 49* and a 53* for some inexpensive V sole testing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back