Favorite Ball for 2013

2013 Nike 20Xi-S, I do want to try out the Srixon Q-Star though

Still loving the B330RX.

Tried the Chrome+, which performed very similarly to the B330RX, but the covers don't seem too durable. I've gone through almost three sleeves in 27 holes, with only losing a couple. Had a couple cut so deep I could peel them back.

Still haven't tried the Lethal or the Rocketballz Urethane.

Last edited:
I found the Srixon Q Stars at Costco for 18 bucks so I jumped all over them. Not sure if they are the 2012 model or 2013 but I do like them so far.

Chrome +. Feels great off of everything.

Lethal work great for my game I still want to Try the chrome + I liked the chrome last year

I found the Srixon Q Stars at Costco for 18 bucks so I jumped all over them. Not sure if they are the 2012 model or 2013 but I do like them so far.

What does the box look like? If the stripe is in the middle it is the 2012 version and if it is offset to the left it is the 2013 version plus the 2013 version will have something about the Spin Skin on the back.

Will be sticking to the Bridgestone e6 for the foreseeable future. Does pretty much everything I want it to and there are few others balls I've tried which I like as much as the e6 off my putter, distance off the tee is well up there as well.

What does the box look like? If the stripe is in the middle it is the 2012 version and if it is offset to the left it is the 2013 version plus the 2013 version will have something about the Spin Skin on the back.

Hmm not sure I will have to check the box when I get home. Thanks

I've played the Srixon Z Star for the last couple of years, but tried and switched to the
Maxfli U/6 and absolutely love it! Wish they made them in yellow!!

I was fitted for the Pro-V1x and have enjoyed playing them but hard to justify the cost/dozen. I was fortunate to stumble across a great clear out price at $20/dozen of the TM Penta-5 a year or so ago, and they seem perform the same as the Pro-V1x. I bought 5 dozen of them and now wish I had bought the entire case! They are a great ball for me.

I also like to use the E6 on windy days which give me a bit more control than the Penta-5.

I cant decide if its ther z-star or chrome +, love them both

Chrome + has been great. Waiting to try the regular chrome to see which suits my swing best.

Going back and forth this year between the Wilson FG Tour and the Taylormade Lethal. May just keep a mix of both in the bag through the year.

Its a complete toss up.. Chrome + or the E6.

This Chrome + is REALLY good. Performs & feels like a ProV1x to me, which is my favorite ball if cost was no object.

Gonna be Zstar likely. If the new ones would come out I'd bag them. Haven't tried all the new balls yet to be sure, but I'm kind of assuming they're mostly similar to last year's balls. I've got a couple Lethals and Chrome+s to try, and will look for some 20xi too, but not optimistic anything can overtake my Zs. If new Hex Blacks come out and I hear vastly improved durabiity they'd have a chance.

Very Simple:
9739_602961536394678_61188100_n.jpg

Awesome! Now I don't feel so guilty about the 4 boxes in my car trunk

Yup, I thought I was being a bit silly with 3 boxes of e6 in the house, but I can breathe easily again now :D

I have really enjoyed playing the e6 since I got them, but I may give the e5 a try for the additional greenside spin to see how differently it reacts - and if it gives me 'better' results than I might just give them a fair try. Alternatively, if anything pops up on a good offer then I am open to trying various different options to see if there is anything else I might like

Srixon Z Star XV, more and more impressed by this ball each passing day. Coming from Pro V1x, the XV equals or surpasses the ProV in every way except for price...

I cannot give this ball high enough recommendations!!

Q Star or Chrome +

Srixon Z Star XV, more and more impressed by this ball each passing day. Coming from Pro V1x, the XV equals or surpasses the ProV in every way except for price...

I cannot give this ball high enough recommendations!!

I have been playing with a few of the Pro-v1xs that are still left in my bag. Every round I get less and less impressed by those balls. I have no idea why somebody would voluntarily pay money for them. I had one ball that lasted 2 holes before the cover started to flake off.

I have been playing with a few of the Pro-v1xs that are still left in my bag. Every round I get less and less impressed by those balls. I have no idea why somebody would voluntarily pay money for them. I had one ball that lasted 2 holes before the cover started to flake off.

I agree 1000%!! As long as the Tour guys play them (for free), unsuspecting golfers will continue to shell-out the $$$s for them...

I'm not going to call the Pro-V junk because they're not but I will say they have become inferior in terms of quality, performance, price and durability.

I agree 1000%!! As long as the Tour guys play them (for free), unsuspecting golfers will continue to shell-out the $$$s for them...

I'm not going to call the Pro-V junk because they're not but I will say they have become inferior in terms of quality, performance, price and durability.

You won't call them junk. I will. Or should I say, they're great until the get a little wear, then they're junk.

You won't call them junk. I will. Or should I say, they're great until the get a little wear, then they're junk.

LOL, so how do you really feel??? :D

Back