Finally starting lessons. Wish me luck.

Oh yes, I know there is much left for me to learn. I'm just excited that I finally took the plunge into learning, and that I am finally making better contact. I've hit good shots with my old swing, but knowing the potential for much more consistency is there with the new swing, and the alignment fixes makes me giddy :)

Heck, I see your handicap and bet you took good shots with your old swing. I was thinking you were just learning and you're already a good golfer! :) Now you're going to be even better.

Oh yes, I know there is much left for me to learn. I'm just excited that I finally took the plunge into learning, and that I am finally making better contact. I've hit good shots with my old swing, but knowing the potential for much more consistency is there with the new swing, and the alignment fixes makes me giddy :)
Iverecentlystartedlessons myself. The thing I have to keep reminding myself, with some help fromLee,is that in order to get more consistent I may digress for a bit. But in the end it willbeabetter game. If I only had patience I would do fine. Lol

Heck, I see your handicap and bet you took good shots with your old swing. I was thinking you were just learning and you're already a good golfer! :) Now you're going to be even better.
Thanks! I made it work, wasn't pretty and I had a weird move in there in order to get good contact with the ball so far back.

Iverecentlystartedlessons myself. The thing I have to keep reminding myself, with some help fromLee,is that in order to get more consistent I may digress for a bit. But in the end it willbeabetter game. If I only had patience I would do fine. Lol
Patience is something I too am learning. lol

Nice reporting, sounds like you've found someone knowledgeable who will work for you.

told myself to put the driver away until at least my next lesson.

I do this now, I don't know enough to self diagnose yet and if I try, I know I risk correcting faults with other faults.
I think better to do without and get proper correction than 2nd guess it and get worse/frustrated/waste time.

Best of luck JoJo - relax and enjoy the lessons. Make sure you are upfront and honest with your pro as be can only start to help you fix what he k owe about!

Been hitting the range daily working on ball placement and alignment. It's soooo nice to see the ball land withing 5-6 yards of my target now, direction wise as I have not formally dialed in distances yet. I figured I should get the swing changes a little more ingrained before I start figuring out my distances. Everything seems to be playing rather close to where it was before.

My contact has become so much better, for a drill I place a tee in line with my ball and after each shot look to see if my divot was before or after the ball. I am getting much more consistent with hitting the ball first.

I decided to also take the driver out today, I was surprised with how nice I was hitting it today. I believe my swing was a little to steep before, so I tried to shallow it out a bit, and wow what a difference.

I think that either tomorrow, or Thursday after my lesson I might finally go out for a round again to see how my practice translates into actually playing.

Back