Getting Into Someone's Head

To drag this back on topic, one of the best ones I've heard of was a couple of friends of mine playing foursomes (alternate shot) and were 5 up after 5. The 6th hole is a difficult par four with a lake in front of the tee, which really shouldn't come into play, but it does from time to time. Anyway, my friend stands on the tee and hits his tee shot. As he hit it, he knew it was perfect. He turns away in disgust, hits the ground with his club and lets fly an expletive or two. Meanwhile the ball is meandering its way to about 270 or so in the centre of the fairway. The other guy looks at him and proceeds to top it in the water. Their playing partners had walked forwards, so as my friend and his opponent are walking up, the other guy's partner is walking back to play three off the tee and my friend says as they pass each other "I guess that's foursomes for you" and he topped it in the lake too.

Generally speaking I disapprove of such a thing and always enjoy it when people try things like that on me. It means they've realised they can't beat me without resorting to things like that, which basically means they can't beat me.

That said, if I'm out playing with buddies in friendly play, then the doling out of abuse is legion. Cracking fun.

A buddy of mine claims he drives it 310-320 no problem. He gives all his thanks to his GolfSmith 7.5* driver. I drive i 250 on a GOOD SHOT, 230ish normally, when I hit it straight. He tees up on the 1st, hits what he felt was a good shot giving his "see 300 easy", I tee up, and hit about 240, only about 10 yards behind him.

Asked him if he just hit an 'off shot'. Next three holes he sliced it or barely hit the ball 200yards. Gave up on his driver and teed off with his 3 wood.

Wasn't intentional, but funny when my 240 yard shot was 10 yards shy of his 300 yarder.

A buddy of mine claims he drives it 310-320 no problem. He gives all his thanks to his GolfSmith 7.5* driver. I drive i 250 on a GOOD SHOT, 230ish normally, when I hit it straight. He tees up on the 1st, hits what he felt was a good shot giving his "see 300 easy", I tee up, and hit about 240, only about 10 yards behind him.

Asked him if he just hit an 'off shot'. Next three holes he sliced it or barely hit the ball 200yards. Gave up on his driver and teed off with his 3 wood.

Wasn't intentional, but funny when my 240 yard shot was 10 yards shy of his 300 yarder.

He should join a golf forum. Everyone on a golf forum drives it at least 300.:D

He wont. I invited him to, says its stupid that he just wants to hit and he'll adapt if he hit a bad shot. Says I get way to into everything, that its stupid to spend $$ on golf clubs when I could do better, and save mone buying a walmart set.

Back