Rob Wedge

Jersey
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure
Get them!
Been having issues with my driver this season so finally bit the bullet and went for them. 5 mins of video, 10 mins of watching it and seeing my issues and 12 swings on the range before it was straight and LOOOONG. Went through a massive bucket after my lessons and 8 out of 10 were the same. This is the first person to ever tell me to swing as hard as possible after we worked out my issues and he was right. For now on, straight bombs.
If you live in Mercer county look up Jason Barry. No crazy swing thoughts and keeps is basic.
Next we're working on my distance control from 100 in. Looking forward to it.

2 types of golfers

The ones that take lessons and the ones that need to.

2 types of golfers

The ones that take lessons and the ones that need to.

What about those that do but still need a lot more?

Good to hear things are clicking for you.

Good to hear things are clicking for you.
Thanks man. Good luck on the Fantasy league. I'm pretty sure you're a bookie with all the picks you've been nailing.

Good stuff, hope this doesn't magically 'disappear' by the next time we play.

Was able to get out to the course for the first time since my lesson on Saturday. While my driving improved the rest of my game went in the crapper. Couldn't hit and iron or hybrid to save my life. Was shanking everything. Think I just need to adjust to my new swing path. Bombed a drive 304 and 294 though right down the middle. That felt good and it was nice having 2 THPers there to witness it.

Was able to get out to the course for the first time since my lesson on Saturday. While my driving improved the rest of my game went in the crapper. Couldn't hit and iron or hybrid to save my life. Was shanking everything.

Now would be a good time for us to play Rob. I'm striking the ball well, so we'd reset the imbalance from the AC outing. :). Better hurry, I'm sure you'll work it out shortly.

My problem with lessons is that they require a ton of practice time to back up the teachings, or they don't do much good. As a very bad/lazy practicer of golf, lessons often do more damage than good for me.

Was able to get out to the course for the first time since my lesson on Saturday. While my driving improved the rest of my game went in the crapper. Couldn't hit and iron or hybrid to save my life. Was shanking everything. Think I just need to adjust to my new swing path. Bombed a drive 304 and 294 though right down the middle. That felt good and it was nice having 2 THPers there to witness it.

The one common denominator to both drives? Melon jokes

Now would be a good time for us to play Rob. I'm striking the ball well, so we'd reset the imbalance from the AC outing. :). Better hurry, I'm sure you'll work it out shortly.
hahaha, I'd love to. I'm away this weekend but I'll be around the following week.

The one common denominator to both drives? Melon jokes

I just need a recording of you making fun of me to play before every shot. Pretty sure I'd reach all par 5's in 2 and shoot in the low 70's.

"rob looks like a watermelon" BOOM, 300+ right down the middle.
lol, love it.

My problem with lessons is that they require a ton of practice time to back up the teachings, or they don't do much good. As a very bad/lazy practicer of golf, lessons often do more damage than good for me.

Not necessarily. I am on my 2nd lesson series in 2 years with 2 different instructors. Both times I was very clear with them that I've got a pretty full schedule and I wasn't going to be out at the course practicing multiple times a week. We discussed and agreed to devising approaches that allowed me to do simple drills at home between lessons. I spent no more than 15 minutes a night maybe 3 or 4 nights a week at home doing the drills. I intermittently get out and hit balls to see how things were going but that was mostly for me and not the practice/lessons, per se.

Your lessons are helping, your iron play was a bit off Saturday but your drives were a lot better, you certainly were not slicing them. All you need now are lessons on how to dress, I hear Joe has style classes.

Your lessons are helping, your iron play was a bit off Saturday but your drives were a lot better, you certainly were not slicing them. All you need now are lessons on how to dress, I hear Joe has style classes.

Thanks man. Think just have to get used to a new swing path. Never hit so many hosel rockets in my life.
Man, I was super styling. Melons the new black.

Thanks man. Think just have to get used to a new swing path. Never hit so many hosel rockets in my life.
Man, I was super styling. Melons the new black.

I'm in Lawrenceville and in desperate need of lessons so I will definitely look up this Jason Barry guy thanks for the heads up

I'm in Lawrenceville and in desperate need of lessons so I will definitely look up this Jason Barry guy thanks for the heads up

Same here.

Back