Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

Okay just checked. Mine is 1.71* open

I need some of those toys you have. One of these days I will.

I will be out for 18 tomorrow with this club and I expect the B.Asha 5x to be helping find many fairways tomorrow. I still think this is the best driver head I have ever used.

I still think this is the best driver head I have ever used.

Same here. I don't think I'll replace it for at least 2 yrs.

I'm curious to try that B Asha vs my DI-6.

Same here. I don't think I'll replace it for at least 2 yrs.

I'm curious to try that B Asha vs my DI-6.

I had a DI-7 in it for awhile, but I got much better numbers with the B.Asha. If you get a chance give it a try. A great combo for sure.

Funny I have never even thought about using the "open" setting..I might toy with that next week

Just so you are aware, the standard setting is actually close to 2* open and closed setting is half a degree closed.

It's so funny that it sets up that way because to me it looks like its like 5* closed in the neutral. Took a long while to get used to it.

I'm in the same boat topdogg....the standard setting looks more closed to me than anything. It was much better looking in the open setting.

So I put the 4g weight in the heel and 1g in the toe in the open setting. Good news is I no longer lost any balls to the right. Bad news is I snap hooked a few left now. About half of them were dead straight now. Amazing how switching something so small can affect the driver head into the ball at impact. Ball flight was a bit lower as well which was expected. Will tinker around with it a bit more on the range this weekend to get it fixed.

I'm in the same boat topdogg....the standard setting looks more closed to me than anything. It was much better looking in the open setting.

So I put the 4g weight in the heel and 1g in the toe in the open setting. Good news is I no longer lost any balls to the right. Bad news is I snap hooked a few left now. About half of them were dead straight now. Amazing how switching something so small can affect the driver head into the ball at impact. Ball flight was a bit lower as well which was expected. Will tinker around with it a bit more on the range this weekend to get it fixed.

Agreed on the closed look in the standard setting, it's a bit distracting to my eye but the results have been too good to overlook over the past few outings.

Agreed on the closed look in the standard setting, it's a bit distracting to my eye but the results have been too good to overlook over the past few outings.

I find if I make sure my body stays back behind the ball at impact I can get a good flight on it. But if the body goes with the hips and moves forward then it's a lot lower. I was doing fine with it on the range, about 5 minutes before we teed off but then I think my mind started getting in the way a bit. Just need a little more work on the range with it to see. Might try it with the 4g on the toe (had the 8g in it before) and the 1g in the heel with the open setting to see what I get.

I don't like this driver so far. I have the X Hot Pro 9.5 and the RFX 9.5 and have been switching shafts between them and playing with the face angle adjustments and experimenting with swingweights(lead tape). So far the XHP is better in every configuration. The RFX surprisingly is maybe the worst of the 15 or so drivers I own. I'm going to try the Trinity shaft in it before I put it up for sale.

I find if I make sure my body stays back behind the ball at impact I can get a good flight on it. But if the body goes with the hips and moves forward then it's a lot lower. I was doing fine with it on the range, about 5 minutes before we teed off but then I think my mind started getting in the way a bit. Just need a little more work on the range with it to see. Might try it with the 4g on the toe (had the 8g in it before) and the 1g in the heel with the open setting to see what I get.

I know exactly what you mean. It does take some range time and getting used to the club but when you do, oh my this thing is a beauty.

Played 18 today and struggled a bit on the front but the back I hit 5/7 fairways and I hit 4/6 with the RFX. Its such a great club when you are swinging well.

I know exactly what you mean. It does take some range time and getting used to the club but when you do, oh my this thing is a beauty.

Played 18 today and struggled a bit on the front but the back I hit 5/7 fairways and I hit 4/6 with the RFX. Its such a great club when you are swinging well.

I know it makes it sound like I'm struggling with it a bit, as I did go 0-3 to start off my round in fairways, but finished 5-7 in fairways on a tight course (so 5-10 overall). I'm just trying to get my fairways up to around 70% at my course.

That's a good observation and one I've been forcing myself to focus on. When I stayed controlled with this driver and let the club do the work the results have been exceptional.

7/8 fairways today with this beast. This has to be Callaway's best driver ever!!!

Ok, after a range session on Friday, I went back to standard and put the 4g weight on the toe and the 1g on the heel. Think I'm back on the correct path. Also spent some time on my take away making sure I was going back low and slow and then on my follow through making sure I was reaching and extending through the hitting zone, and not breaking it off after impact.

Does anyone know if I can use the cogs off a TA adapter with this with no problems? I came across just the cogs for cheap. Can I just pull off the plastic tip at the end and pop on the cogs?

pretty Solid day with the RFE today, missed 2 FW's right, but other than that it was down the middle 11 of 13 FW's

Does anyone know if I can use the cogs off a TA adapter with this with no problems? I came across just the cogs for cheap. Can I just pull off the plastic tip at the end and pop on the cogs?

Yep. The TA cogs will work as well with the RFX.

Well I am an official member of then RFE Owners Club now. I haven't hit it yet but I plan on a range session at lunch today. I have the weight set and 3 shafts to try out with this thing so it may be a long lunch break!

FWIW the shafts I will be testing are the Matrix 7M3 Black Tie, GD Aura Red and Xcaliber T6+ all in S flex. Will report back but if anyone has experience with these shafts or the weight kit feel free to chime in! My issue with the Xhot driver was either a pull or pull hook so I look forward to tinkering with the weights.

Well I am an official member of then RFE Owners Club now. I haven't hit it yet but I plan on a range session at lunch today. I have the weight set and 3 shafts to try out with this thing so it may be a long lunch break!

FWIW the shafts I will be testing are the Matrix 7M3 Black Tie, GD Aura Red and Xcaliber T6+ all in S flex. Will report back but if anyone has experience with these shafts or the weight kit feel free to chime in! My issue with the Xhot driver was either a pull or pull hook so I look forward to tinkering with the weights.

Nice!! Be sure and let us know what you think once you get out with it. I couldn't get it to work well for me (launch) when I went through a ECPC fitting earlier this year. I'm hoping the Optiforce will though.

Just got off the range. My first thought is man it's freaking hot outside! As for the driver, I only hit the black tie shaft due to time limitations and the fact I didn't want to return to work smelling like I went dumpster diving.

The first thing I noticed was the launch...it's low and penetrating. I went to a range near work that I don't go to much so I can't comment on distance as the range ends somewhere between my 5w and 3w. Most drives were hitting high in the trees though. The flight path was awesome...not ballooning but not a worm burner...I don't know how to describe it but it was pretty.

I love the sound of this driver. Classic composite sound.

The best news I can report right now is that the pull hook is gone! I actually didn't hit any hard spinning hooks or slices. Ball flight was between a nice slight draw and slight fade. Now, I did hit some pulls and pushes but nothing that started down the center and veered hard either way. All my bad shots were obvious pulls and pushes. More pulls than pushes as expected. I like that I can really go at the black tie and not worry about a big hook or slice (today anyway).

I fiddled with the weights and the head a little. Not as much as I wanted to due to prior stated time restraints. I left with the head in the open position with 1g in the toe and 6g in the heel. Hit two beautiful drives right down the gut with about 5 yards of fade each. After that I put it back in the bag.

I am going to try to hit the range after work tomorrow and verify/adjust some more before Saturdays round. The course I am playing accepts fades more than draws so if I can get my morbid fear of a pull or pull hook out of my mind I will be ecstatic.

More to come.

My local shop finally had their demo 10.5° in after a few times coming up empty. I picked it up for the weekend and am looking forward to getting this bad boy on the range and out for a round on Sunday. If it goes well I would have to add it to the bag by Wednesday as I've got a round scheduled for an A.MacKenzie course.

Got the RFE to the course today. I'd call it my home course and I'd certainly call it a tough driving course. Rating was 74.3 with 132 slope. Course is 6600 yards from this particular tee box so you need some distance but don't have to be a masher. Official stats were 7/13 fairways. Mental stats were 10/13 fairways as 3 misses were 2-3 yards off the fairway and acceptable. I haven't felt this way in a while to be honest. I also only pulled 1 drive and hooked another but I knew the hook was coming as soon as I finished because I rolled my wrists waaaaaay too much trying to smash on a long par 5. I had a couple pushes but was mostly hitting small fades similar to what I experienced at the range. I am thinking about putting the 8g weight in the heel just for giggles but my fear of a duck hook or dead pull is almost gone. I also know when the push is coming as I don't finish my swing and cut it off short trying to place the ball.

I'm going to hit the range once this week (I hope) but already have a tee time for next Saturday at the same place. I feel like I will have this worked out (as best as my ability will let me) after another round and I cant express how happy it makes me. I shot my best round of the year today (76) and even though my putter was on fire rolling in 4 putts over 20 ft I have to acknowledge the part the RFE played in my score.

Oh, and I got a decent gauge of distance today playing a familiar course. I am seeing slightly better than average distance but going into the process of finding a new driver, distance was not the goal...accuracy was...and so far so good.

trying not to count my chickens before they hatch but pretty stoked.

Good work there, glad it's working for you. I had a good day with it as well. Hit 8 from 11 which I was stoked with. Went off with my drives for a while there, but hope this is it coming back as driver used to be my most consistent club.
i agree with what NoLine said about staying controlled, it seems to reward me when I am controlled and punish me if I am too wild

How are you Morgan Cup guys faring with this driver?

Not as good as when I first was hitting it however that may have something to do with the 4W and hybrid I received recently. I've been hitting them a lot off the tee getting ready for the MC cause I really wanted to find a wood that I could use when I needed to hit a fairway. So the driver has taken a back seat the last 3 weeks. I'm just about where I want to be with those FW's so this last week will be spent with the driver some trying to get a few things worked out that I lost.

Not as good as when I first was hitting it however that may have something to do with the 4W and hybrid I received recently. I've been hitting them a lot off the tee getting ready for the MC cause I really wanted to find a wood that I could use when I needed to hit a fairway. So the driver has taken a back seat the last 3 weeks. I'm just about where I want to be with those FW's so this last week will be spent with the driver some trying to get a few things worked out that I lost.

Is the 4w a RFE? How are you hitting it and how is the trajectory? I'm thinking bout an RFE 3w or 4w with the black tie shaft. My current 3w balloons on me pretty badly.

Back