Considering Lasik Eye Surgery

Let me be the latest to say "DO IT". I had mine done June 6th. I had an astigmatism that was off the charts and I have 20/15 in both eyes 7 weeks later. A little pressure when they cut the flap and then you're good to go. Halos went away in the first couple of weeks, light sensitivity seems to be better than it was before the procedure. Hasn't helped my golf game improve, but I can now see how far out of bounds I hit them.......

I wanted to have this done but wasn't a good candidate when evaluated. I wear glasses for distance and see perfectly fine up close. They told me I could have one eye done and have good vision for distance in one eye and close-up in the other. No thanks.

Thats how my Mother had hers done. If she had both eyes done, she'd have to wear glasses for reading anyways. She barely notices that one eye is 20/200. Works for her.

I had mine done in 1997. Just went for a physical for my 1A licence (semi), and I still have better than 20/20. Best money I ever spent in my life. Only change in my life was I always wear sunglasses now (protect my investment).

I had mine done about 12 years ago. I have never had any problems with it at all. It was very easy, fast and my vision improvement was perfect in 24 hours. With that said, about 7 year ago I noticed my left eye had adjusted for the worse in my far vision field. I did not keep up on my yearly exams and WISH I would have, as they would have fixed/corrected it for free. Soooo, I've been thinking about going back in and getting it fixed as recently I started to wear ONE contact any time I play golf, or sports. I don't use it on a daily basis, as I just don't like it at all and my near vision (like reading my typing) is fine.
It was the best money I've ever spent on myself, that's for sure. I talked my wife into it too, and she got hers done about a year and a half ago, and loves the results. So, if I have money left in my Flex Account from work at the end of the year, I think I'll polish is off and correct my left eye finally.

I would still recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it. I'm still 20/20 or just a little better than 20/20 in my right eye to this day.

I want to have Lasik done so badly. I cannot wait for my prescription to stop changing so I can finally have this done and be able to see when I wake up. It is miserable with everything being blurry in the shower, waking up, etc... Sounds like it would definitely be worth the investment.

Be sure that you are a candidate first. Nearsighted and thicker corneas are the best combination. Farsighted and thinner corneas are the worst, and you have the highest chance of going back to glasses with that combination.

Buffs99

I talked to my eye doctor about this and he said I was great candidate. Right now I only uses glasses for driving at night or watching things from farther away.

Had a few friends early on that scared me off of it saying it made their eyes too dry, etc - but I have to imagine that is maybe a thing of the past? I still may have it done in a few years.

I talked to my eye doctor about this and he said I was great candidate. Right now I only uses glasses for driving at night or watching things from farther away.

Had a few friends early on that scared me off of it saying it made their eyes too dry, etc - but I have to imagine that is maybe a thing of the past? I still may have it done in a few years.

I used eye drops for about 9 months after my surgery to help with dry eyes (also worked outside, so that played a role). I think if you take care of your eyes right after the surgery, it helps a lot long term.

I'm now right about 6 years out and still seeing 20/15 with no issues other than occasional sensitivity to light in the summer, which can be managed with polarized lenses. If you're going through a reputable service who has a guarantee on the results (mine had a 2 year warranty with checkups at 3 months, 1 year, and 2 years) I wouldn't hesitate if it's in your budget.

I had mine done in 2012 (bladeless lasik) I have never had problem with dry eyes. I had it done on a Friday and golfed on that Sunday. I am still 20/20, it’s one of the best things I have ever done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine done a couple years ago. Have drier eyes and wear glasses more now than I did then. Yearly checkup say my vision for far has not changed but reading glasses have to be worn all the time now. Also recommended stronger reading glasses last time. 2-2.5

Knew it was an issue going into it about reading glasses. Will probably go to a different doctor and have vision checked to confirm they aren't giving inaccurate information to avoid warranty work. I can almost guarantee my long range vision has gotten worse as I can't follow the golf ball to is landing point anymore. Not all happy with the changes.

I had lasik done almost 10 years ago and have had zero issues. My vision was corrected to 20/15 and it still the same. It took me less than a week to return to all my normal activities after surgery. I know about 10 people who have had it done and only one of them had any issues which were corrected with a follow up surgery.

I had mine done 10+ years ago and it was (and still is) the best money that I've ever spent. I was really nearsighted so I had to fumble around for my glasses every morning and it was amazing to wake up and be able to see the clock across the room. I had it done in NYC in the afternoon, spent the night at a friend's apartment with my eyes covered to reduce the scratchiness, went for a quick followup in the morning, and drove home the next day. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Back