2013 Srixon ZStar, ZStar XV, and ZStar SL Golf Ball

I'm the same with full shots. Greenside is more what I was talking about, just the ability to get some quick stopping more than anything. We'll be firming up here soon I suspect, so that's a good thing.

I suspect I'll like it off the tee. I can always use a little more spin off the driver.

I'm the same with full shots. Greenside is more what I was talking about, just the ability to get some quick stopping more than anything. We'll be firming up here soon I suspect, so that's a good thing.

I suspect I'll like it off the tee. I can always use a little more spin off the driver.

Where I noticed the spin the most was out of the sand, which was surprising to me. Normally, I just chunk it out and pray it stops. But in MB, I actually saw some spin with a few shots that hopped and stopped.

I don't care for the new yellow compared to the 2012 z star yellow.

Excellent. Thanks ddxu.

I don't care for the new yellow compared to the 2012 z star yellow.

This is interesting. You don't have both do you? I'd love to see a picture.

I do, but only my camera phone.
Let me see if I can get something to work.

The 2012 is more of a tennis ball yellow/green. The 2013 is yellow. Looks more like the Chrome yellow to me.

No worries if it's a hassle.

I'm kind of bummed out by that. The old Tour Yellow was the benchmark.

No worries if it's a hassle.

I'm kind of bummed out by that. The old Tour Yellow was the benchmark.

Which is weird since the new QStar has the same Yellow as the old Z-Star/XV. The old QStar yellow looked faded or dirty.

It was definitely close for sure.

Which is weird since the new QStar has the same Yellow as the old Z-Star/XV. The old QStar yellow looked faded or dirty.

Yes. The old Q star was loathed by me as far as yellow color goes. The Z star was it for me. Otherwise it would be white for me.

With this new one, I may go white now, not sure. The 2012 yellow Z star was perfect for me.

I got one of the sample packs and really liked them. I think the Z Star was the best for me but I really liked the XV on the greens I thought it rolled great.

I went to Dick's today at lunch to pick up a dozen of the new Z Stars and they didn't have any of them. The guy working in the Golf section said they have a truck coming in tomorrow, so they might be on there. That is the one thing I really do not like about our Dick's is that they seem to NEVER have the new stuff on the release date!!! I am curious to see what this new yellow looks like though!!

Here is a side by side from our local dicks. New 2013 yellow is less highlighterish and more yellow.

2013 on top, 2011 on bottom

nerura3u.jpg

Here is a side by side from our local dicks. New 2013 yellow is less highlighterish and more yellow.

2013 on top, 2011 on bottom

nerura3u.jpg

Good comparison. Are the new Z's the same as the new Q's?

No. I would say the new Q's are the same color as the old Z's. The new Z's look more like the Callaway Chrome yellow.

I've been playing the new Z Star XV for a few weeks and like it, although it does seem to scuff up easily. I've got a dozen of the yellow's to try and hoping these will hide the scuffs a little more if nothing else. To me it spins a little more than a Pro V1X but not as much as a Pro V ?

Odd, as I've found the cover to be quite durable. I made sure to "test" trees and paths too.

I sat all 3 side by side at Dicks (2011 Z Star, 2013 Z Star and 2013 Q star - yellow versions).
The 2013's have a pearl/glittery sheen to them (think yellow e6) with the black lettering being much darker on the Z compared to the Q. The Z seemed to be a tick brighter than the Q. But both were close I thought when it came to the yellow used.
The 2011 Z has more of a translucent appearance which I prefer over the 2013 glittery/pearl finish.

For me the 2012 Z star color cannot be beat.

In fact, I may go back to white balls for the XV. Too much like the Chrome yellow for my liking on the 2013 XV

Odd, as I've found the cover to be quite durable. I made sure to "test" trees and paths too.
I hit an absolutely flush 7iron on a par 3 the other day from about 165m. It landed an backed up a couple of feet and when I got to the green found the ball scuffed a bit. Next hole I hit my J40 54* wedge to the green from about 90m. Hit it well and when I got to the green I checked the ball and found it had 3 deep cuts on it. Deep enough that I could lift the skin a bit with my finger nail. Maybe I got a bad batch but so far not impressed with the white ones. If this trend continues with the yellows I'll be switching to another brand.

I have been playing the XV for about the last year and really like it. I selected the XV as I went for more distance and was willing to give up some spin around the green. I never tried the Z-Star for that reason.

However, while browsing the srixon website having a look at the 2013 range, I noticed two test tables for distance and spin, comparing the new Z-star to the PROV1, as illustrated below.

I was amazed that there was only about 5-7 yards of a difference in the total distance between the Z-Star and the XV.

So, I’m thinking now, is it worth switching/trying the Z-Star giving up the small distance advantage for more spin around the green?

Also, can anyone who has used the 2013 Z-star & XV verify if the figures and how close to the mark are they?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking the XV, just looking at the options available.

Here’s the link below for more info.
http://srixon.com/newzstar/

I know pictures comparing to new and old Z stars have been put up here already but I thought I would put a comparison between the 2011 Z star/2013 Z Star/B330RX/Callaway Chrome. The picture didn't come out as well as I hoped but to me the 2013 version looks like the Callaway yellow with a pearl accent or just a hair darker than the 2011 Z Stars. I do agree that it is not as translucent as the 2011 model but I do like the B330RX yellow it just seems a bit darker than the Srixon. Well here is the picture.

IMG_0456_zps09227735.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I haven't been able to play the 2013 yellow Z Star's yet but I was given one of the white ones from Dick's that they still had for samples and played it the other day and I couldn't really tell a big difference between the 2011 and 2013 models except the 2013 seem to scuff a lot easier with cart paths and trees but that could have been because it was white and I am not use to playing with white balls, only time will tell. I am well stocked up on 2011 models so I will wait for the 2013 model to go on sale before purchasing more and if it is as good as the 2011 model too!

Yellow definitely hides scuffs better. Thanks for the compare pics.

I have been playing the XV for about the last year and really like it. I selected the XV as I went for more distance and was willing to give up some spin around the green. I never tried the Z-Star for that reason.

However, while browsing the srixon website having a look at the 2013 range, I noticed two test tables for distance and spin, comparing the new Z-star to the PROV1, as illustrated below.

I was amazed that there was only about 5-7 yards of a difference in the total distance between the Z-Star and the XV.

So, I’m thinking now, is it worth switching/trying the Z-Star giving up the small distance advantage for more spin around the green?

Also, can anyone who has used the 2013 Z-star & XV verify if the figures and how close to the mark are they?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking the XV, just looking at the options available.

Here’s the link below for more info.
http://srixon.com/newzstar/

id like to see the figures for side spin off of the driver, particularly for the XV and ProV1x.

Interesting stuff. If i'm reading the graph correctly, looks like the xv and z star have about the same greenside spin, but the xv has significantly less (in comparison) driver spin. Not really interested in shaping my driver, and plenty fine with the soft draw I can hit with the xv. i guess then it goes to why wouldn't you hit the xv over the z-star.

Back