Golfing in Nebraska

I'm still waiting for this thread to take off like the Des Moines one. They have 8 pages of posts about people wanting to play in Iowa. Sure, they're playing a nice course, but we've got some nice courses in Nebraska too!

Something like this might be fun:

http://www.quarryoaks.com/sites/courses/view.asp?id=706&page=39160

This could be fun. Not to drop out of the Iowa group but I just did a quick check of driving distance from my parents house to the course in Iowa. 4 hours...from my parents house in NEK might be a stretch. HOWEVER, Lincoln/Omaha is noooo sweat from there. THIS might be more doable both time wise and financially speaking.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This could be fun. Not to drop out of the Iowa group but I just did a quick check of driving distance from my parents house to the course in Iowa. 4 hours...from my parents house in NEK might be a stretch. HOWEVER, Lincoln/Omaha is noooo sweat from there. THIS might be more doable both time wise and financially speaking.

That's awesome man, I guess we need to start the confirm list:

IceyShanks
Agent Jay
Nebgolfer
Muligan9111

That's awesome man, I guess we need to start the confirm list:

IceyShanks
Agent Jay
Nebgolfer
Muligan9111

Let me know the date for sure so I can make sure I can get that weekend off. Still thinking September 28-29th weekend?

Let me know the date for sure so I can make sure I can get that weekend off. Still thinking September 28-29th weekend?

Yep. As of right now those are the dates we are looking at.

Siri speaks for me!

Yep. As of right now those are the dates we are looking at.

Siri speaks for me!

As long as it works out for me with my work schedule then I'm in. I can tell you that for ME the 28th would work better as I would need to head back home on the 29th.

As long as it works out for me with my work schedule then I'm in. I can tell you that for ME the 28th would work better as I would need to head back home on the 29th.

That sounds good, I think we can plan on a planned round on the 28th and then the 29th could be optional for anyone that wanted to play there or somewhere else close to there as a follow up round, IronHorse is in Ashland, there a cool track up in Elkhorn called: Indian Creek that is really nice as well.

I was actually going to throw it out as an option for our event if we wanted to do 27 instead of 18 on the 28th. I'd obviously have to talk to them first, but maybe they would allow us to do a 27 event instead of 18.
http://www.golfatindiancreek.com/
map.jpg

The Indian Creek idea is pretty good, would be fun to play all 27 holes the same day with everybody.

The Indian Creek idea is pretty good, would be fun to play all 27 holes the same day with everybody.
That's what I was thinking, maybe, depending on how many are there, we could do some kind of team competititon and even play different groups on each 9 so you'd end up playing with more people.

That's what I was thinking, maybe, depending on how many are there, we could do some kind of team competititon and even play different groups on each 9 so you'd end up playing with more people.

We did that for my buddies bachelor party up at Tiburon. We had 12 guys and we switched it up after each 9. Was a lot of fun switching it up between 9's to play with everybody.

We did that for my buddies bachelor party up at Tiburon. We had 12 guys and we switched it up after each 9. Was a lot of fun switching it up between 9's to play with everybody.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Siri speaks for me!

We gotta get people to come play or there won't be much switching going on. :act-up:

We gotta get people to come play or there won't be much switching going on. :act-up:
Let's solidify the venue, plans and date and then I think we might see more people sign up.

I'd say:
Venue: Indian Creek
Format: 27 holes, possible changes after each 9
Date: Sept 28th (Possible second round on The 29th if some wanted to stay and play again.) Honestly I could be open for a round on The 27th as well!

Last edited:
Let's solidify the venue, plans and date and then I think we might see more people sign up.

I'd say:
Venue: Indian Creek
Format: 27 holes, possible changes after each 9
Date: Oct 28th (Possible second round on Oct 29th if some wanted to stay and play again.) Honestly I could be open for a round on Oct 27th as well!

I think you mean September 28th and 29th. Oct. 28th is a Monday so I'd be out due to work.

But I definitely agree with Indian Creek and playing 27 holes.

I think you mean September 28th and 29th. Oct. 28th is a Monday so I'd be out due to work.

But I definitely agree with Indian Creek and playing 27 holes.

Thanks man. Yeah edit made. If be ok if we wanted to set up a round at quarry on the 27th or 29th. Any takers?

Siri speaks for me!

Thanks man. Yeah edit made. If be ok if we wanted to set up a round at quarry on the 27th or 29th. Any takers?

Siri speaks for me!

27th would have to be in the afternoon for me. I'd be out for the 29th, Sundays just aren't a very good day for me to get out and play.

27th would have to be in the afternoon for me. I'd be out for the 29th, Sundays just aren't a very good day for me to get out and play.

How late in the afternoon on the 27th?

Siri speaks for me!

I updated the first post with our plan, so people who come to the thread don't have to dig 3 pages in to see what's going on. It's a month and a half away but I'm already getting excited!!

2:30-3ish would be about the earliest I could make it.
I could totally make that work.
I updated the first post with our plan, so people who come to the thread don't have to dig 3 pages in to see what's going on. It's a month and a half away but I'm already getting excited!!
Thanks for putting this together Ryan!

Indian Creek is booked that day for a tournament. Could still do a light variation at Quarry. I'll see if they're busy.

Siri speaks for me!

Y'all got room for 1 more? Omaha is only 5.5 hours away from me. Would be nice to get out with some THPers. It's been a few years since I tee'd it up with Puttin4Bird

Back