Bethpage State Park-The Black Course

Great review!! Been wanting to play this course for a long time and more so now after seeing these pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fantastic write up, thanks loads, love reading this kind of stuff :)

Great review nice pics. Really awesome you got to walk on and play.

What a treat! Thanks for posting this, good stuff

Great write up Charlie!!

Dude awesome write up !! I've played a bunch there growing up in ny and you took me right back man ! From the tips it's insane. 230 to carry the fairway is fun especially in wind

Great review Charlie! Brings me right back to the old days. Was lucky enough to play the Black the first day it was opened after the first US Open there. It is a much different course now than what it used to be

Thanks for sharing bud. What a beautiful course. I'm going to try and get on there before the end of the year, if not next year for sure. Should be easier for me being a NYS resident.

The Red course is actually really nice as well.

Is it any easier to get onto?

Much easier. Tee times are usually available if you want to book in advance, and walking on is much easier.

Fantastic review. Looked like a perfect weather day as well!

I'm so jealous, I want to play this course so bad! Awesome review.

Fantastic course review with great photos! Thanks.

Played here in July during the heat wave. I lasted 9 holes before I had to call the front desk to pick me up. It was 95 degrees with a 105 degree real feel.

I was literally not able to get words out. I knew what I wanted to say but couldn't say it.

Any course would have been hard but that course is constant up and down hills. Even if the fairway is level with the tee box you have to walk down from the tee box and then back up a hill to get to the fairway.

I shot a 44 on the front from the whites.

Charlie, awesome review. One of the best, if not the best, I've seen on THP. I really liked how you gave the guide on how to walk-on and your description and pictures of the course were great.

The course looks like an absolute beast.

Great job Charlie. My brother and I will be going in September. I'll post here when I know when to see if any THP'ers want to toin us.

Wow Charlie! Great review man sounds like you had a blast. This one is on my bucket list for sure. Well done

I bet these pictures don't do the course justice either. What a great looking course. And an even better review. Thanks Charlie!

Back