Didn't expect to hit this milestone this year!

wedstuntpuller

Reaction score
Handicap
Well the weather has been taking a turn for the worse around here (Hampton Roads, VA) lately, and I have been planning on basically cutting back golf to almost completely zero for the year as the holidays approach. That being said, I went out yesterday to Deer Run and shot a 78 on the Cardinal course. Shot a very uncharacteristically even 38/40. Bogied the first 2 holes so I wasn't even really paying attention to my score until I got to the par 4 9th, and knocked my 8 iron to 2 feet behind the hole almost rolling it in for eagle. I have only shot under 42 once before in my life, and it was a 39 on a fairly easy Links course. But to make a long story short, ended up with 7 bogies, 10 pars and the one birdie for my 78. Was almost a 77 as I rolled a 45 footer uphill on #18 to within 2 inches for my par! Completely stoked, I love this game.

Nice job WSP! Funny how that happens towards the end of the season just to keep us excited all winter. Hope you keep it up.

Congrats on the round. The Cardinal Course is a fun track, that 8th hole is a beast though.

Very nice round. Congrats on breaking 80!

Congrats on the round. The Cardinal Course is a fun track, that 8th hole is a beast though.

Yeah it is, for the first time in i don't know how long i hit the GIR on it... driver to the middle of the fairway (hit that ONE tree on the left right before the fairway so it didn't go as far as it should've), 3-iron across the water, and 9 iron to about 15 feet, two-putted for par!

Nice stuff there, Wedstuntpuller. Don't you love fall golf!!!

Yeah it is, for the first time in i don't know how long i hit the GIR on it... driver to the middle of the fairway (hit that ONE tree on the left right before the fairway so it didn't go as far as it should've), 3-iron across the water, and 9 iron to about 15 feet, two-putted for par!

I have birdied the hole a handfull of times, but also taken some big numbers there! Playing safe with the tee shot can leave a long approach over the water, playing aggresive can put you in a lot of trouble too. That hole makes up for the ease of holes 3, 4 & 6.

I imagine the course was still pretty saturated!

Nice round. It is odd that some of our best rounds are when we have no idea what we are shooting.

congrats though i already read it on the sand trap

congrats man that is really awesome :)

Thanks everyone... yeah craig it was pretty wet, i played from the blue on the front 9 and tips on the back because i was getting NO roll whatsoever (driver shots actually were in their own pitchmarks on a few holes)

Back