DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to Columbus 26th October. that the only blackout weekend at this point. Put me down for 2 possibly a third depending on when and where

Cool. I say we plan on Oct. 5th for now and just see who can make it.

Where would you prefer? I dont mind going to MD if necessary. Where are you in MD again?

Cool. I say we plan on Oct. 5th for now and just see who can make it.

Where would you prefer? I dont mind going to MD if necessary. Where are you in MD again?
Ha! Buddy I drove to Atlanta to golf with THPers, This will be our second run to Ohio to golf with THPers. I'm good with where ever you choose. No worries with me

Ha! Buddy I drove to Atlanta to golf with THPers, This will be our second run to Ohio to golf with THPers. I'm good with where ever you choose. No worries with me

Haha awesome! I woke up at 3 am to drive up the day before the AC Invitational to get an extra round in with THPers so I know exactly what you are talking about not nearly the miles you logged though hahaha.

I say lets both search around and see if we can find a deal or something either MD or VA and then we go from there. I know VA Vince wanted to play Bull Run. Lets go with Oct. 5th as well, does that work for you man?

Haha awesome! I woke up at 3 am to drive up the day before the AC Invitational to get an extra round in with THPers so I know exactly what you are talking about not nearly the miles you logged though hahaha.

I say lets both search around and see if we can find a deal or something either MD or VA and then we go from there. I know VA Vince wanted to play Bull Run. Lets go with Oct. 5th as well, does that work for you man?

Lets do this

Anyone playing Mattaponi Springs lately? It's rated #50 on Golf Digest's top 100 courses in America.

Anyone playing Mattaponi Springs lately? It's rated #50 on Golf Digest's top 100 courses in America.
I haven't played it in about two years. But I heard earlier this year, it might be closing. I'd hate to see that as it is without a doubt one of the best public courses in the state. But it is really in the middle of nowhere. But a fantastic layout and great conditions the last I was there.

I haven't played it in about two years. But I heard earlier this year, it might be closing. I'd hate to see that as it is without a doubt one of the best public courses in the state. But it is really in the middle of nowhere. But a fantastic layout and great conditions the last I was there.

Wow...hope it does not end up closing like Canon Ridge that was in Fredricksburg. Supposely CR is changing the fairways from bentgrass to Bermuda.

Where are you guys playing? I might be interested.

Wow...hope it does not end up closing like Canon Ridge that was in Fredricksburg. Supposely CR is changing the fairways from bentgrass to Bermuda.

Indeed it'd would be a shame. So CR is still open? Bermuda would be good there. Thats what liked about Mattoponi Springs. Even when the Bermuda is dormant,it's very playable.

Indeed it'd would be a shame. So CR is still open? Bermuda would be good there. Thats what liked about Mattoponi Springs. Even when the Bermuda is dormant,it's very playable.

CR is closed during the renovation. Mattoponi Spring has bermuda? Most of the nice courses northern VA......Old Hickory, Laurel Hills, 1757, Rasberry Falls, etc have bentgrass fairways and greens.

CR is closed during the renovation. Mattoponi Spring has bermuda? Most of the nice courses northern VA......Old Hickory, Laurel Hills, 1757, Rasberry Falls, etc have bentgrass fairways and greens.
Mattoponi, has Bermuda fairways, greens and tees are bent I believe.

good to know Cannon Ridge is only closed for Renovation, I had heard earlier that it was closing for good. Being near Baltimore I don't get down that way much any more. I worked in Old Town a few years back, so it was easier to get to them then.

In earlier discussions we had more interest in getting together. Is it a bad weekend? Would you rather play elsewhere. Lets get this area together for some golf

Good stuff thanks for responding. Sorry I havent not been on top of this but work is kicking into high gear(you guessed it teacher here) so the last 2 weeks have been busy.
I would like to get a course figured out but I want to try and appeal to as many people as possible. So what are your thoughts? We have some time to plan this but getting it started early can never hurt.

So far we have:

The Crest4
T2GRN18 +1 (?)
livegolf

Let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list.

Thanks guys and lets make this happen!

I havent played anything in Northern VA so it does not matter much to me. My concern is that it is a course worth driving a bit for and that the greens have had about 3 weeks to heal if recently aerated. Once the date is finalized I will probably be looking to stay the night and play somewhere Sunday before heading home.

In earlier discussions we had more interest in getting together. Is it a bad weekend? Would you rather play elsewhere. Lets get this area together for some golf
T..I have the interest, it's just that September and Ocotber got very busy for me in the last month both at work and some other personal commitments. I would love to get out with a group of THP'ers, but I couldn't even begin to commit or suggest a date that's good for me.

That said, I'll keep an eye out and if my schedule frees up, I'll definitely see what the latest is.

I'm down for 10/5. Course isn't a big deal for me either. I'll be happy to play pretty much anywhere.

Bit of a haul for me down to VA., but I can handle it for one day. (Just hope my shoulder feels the same! ) 10/5 works for me...

One course in MD that is about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs from me, and probably would be the same for most of the NO Va guys is Swan Pt in Issue, Md. Top notch course - very much a Myrtle Beach coastal course feel to it...

Swan point is on my list of courses to play within a couple hours from here. Doesn't really matter to me if I go north or east

I'll be in ocean city sept 7-14 if anyone is trying to get a round in with a fellow THP'er

Pretty pumped today it is my buddies birthday and we have a tee time at Ft. Belvoir this afternoon. I have never played either of the courses there so should be an awesome day.

On another note I am still hoping to make the October 5th date work for a little area meet up, work has been crazy so I havent had any time to get things set up. I will keep working at it and let those interested know.

Pretty pumped today it is my buddies birthday and we have a tee time at Ft. Belvoir this afternoon. I have never played either of the courses there so should be an awesome day.

On another note I am still hoping to make the October 5th date work for a little area meet up, work has been crazy so I havent had any time to get things set up. I will keep working at it and let those interested know.
Thanks...I know how buys is...same here. As October 5 gets nearer, I'll have an idea if I can make it. Location doesn't matter to me, I'll drive anywhere in the DMV area to tee up with THP'ers.

Crest, I think our FF leagues going to be a blast!!

I was a member on Ft. Belvoir from 2009-2011. The Gunston course is very challenging. Enjoy!

Hey I am interested in a area meet up if its open to everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

played virgina oaks yesterday, fairways and greens were in terrible condition. i had heard they had a disease back in the spring but iddnt realize it was that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back