Web.Com - Hotel Fitness Championships

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap
This weekend in my hometown, Fort Wayne, IN, will be home to the inaugural Hotel Fitness Championship at Sycamore Hills Golf Club. The Championship is the first event in the new Web.com Tour Finals series. The field will be composed of the top 75 players from the 2013 Web.com Tour money list, as well as the players who finish 126-200 on the 2013 PGA TOUR FedExCup points list. On the line are 50 PGA TOUR cards for the 2013-14 season.

I will be attending the event this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and will be updating this thread with pictures, videos, results and just general things going on with the tournament. I will do my best to keep things up to date as best I can over the weekend and will most likely be tweeting as well throughout my time there. Feel free to follow me @DGreg7 on twitter or just post any comments or questions in here.

There will be some Golf Channel coverage over the weekend as well. On Saturday from 1 PM - 3 PM and on Sunday the live coverage will be from 3 PM - 5 PM.

Here is some of the names in the field for the tournament:

Barnes, Ricky
Beckman, Cameron
Bettencourt, Matt (2)
Campbell, Chad
Cantlay, Patrick
Cauley, Bud
Cejka, Alex
Chopra, Daniel
Claxton, Will
DiMarco, Chris
Fritsch, Brad
Gates, Bobby
Gonzales, Andres
Haas, Hunter
Hadwin, Adam

Last edited:
Nice, Dan. That should be an awesome event.

After a quick skim, I was like huh Ricky Barnes is now on the Web.com??

And then went back and read closer LOL.

I'll be following along. I wish I would've attended when they were down here in Newburgh at Victoria National.

Thanks guys. I have never been to a pro event so this should be a ton of fun. I am really looking forward to it.

We've been to several dude. Things that stick out in my mind after watching them play in person. The smoothness of their swings. The sound of a tee shot. The sound off the iron shots. The conditions of their fairways and greens. The methodology in which they play this game. It's really impressive. You'll also have thoughts about what is really in the gallery... It's just a very unique experience

We've been to several dude. Things that stick out in my mind after watching them play in person. The smoothness of their swings. The sound of a tee shot. The sound off the iron shots. The conditions of their fairways and greens. The methodology in which they play this game. It's really impressive. You'll also have thoughts about what is really in the gallery... It's just a very unique experience

That's the exciting part for me. Hearing how they strike the ball and just to be able to watch these guys really play a different game then we do. It will be so much fun and I hope to soak it all in.

That's the exciting part for me. Hearing how they strike the ball and just to be able to watch these guys really play a different game then we do. It will be so much fun and I hope to soak it all in.
If not you can join us in Pinehurst next June

Well some good golf being played this first day and Scott McCarron is leading at -8 with Bud Cauley and Jason Gore tied at -7.

The "Hotel Fitness Championships".

Not exactly a catchy name.

Enjoy the event. Should be fun to watch!

If you are interested in seeing the course set up the website is www.sycamorehillsgolfclub.com/

It's a Jack Nicklaus design that was opened back in 1989. It's one of fort Wayne's exclusive private clubs and is just a beautiful golf course. It's held many events over the years, including the girls Junior Amateurs just 6 weeks ago. Check the website out if you get a chance.

The "Hotel Fitness Championships".

Not exactly a catchy name.

Enjoy the event. Should be fun to watch!

It should say Championship but I accidentally added the "s". But yeah sometime the title sponsor just doesn't have the wow factor. Haha

Well today was cut day and 60 players will make it to the weekend.

Leaders Trevor Immelmann, Patrick Cantlay, and Michael Putnam are tied at -11 under.

Tee times are from 8-10 AM tomorrow and will be off in threesomes. TV coverage will start at 3PM in the Golf Channel.

I will be around for the weekend so this thread and my twitter will have all the info if you would like to follow along.

I'm only 35 miles away but doubt I make it with work on Saturday and being a holiday weekend. It is a great course I have been able to play twice but not in five or six years.

I'm only 35 miles away but doubt I make it with work on Saturday and being a holiday weekend. It is a great course I have been able to play twice but not in five or six years.

That's awesome. Funny thing is that I live about 12 miles away and have never played the course but my dad have played it a handful of times.

Up bright and early and at the range. These guys are good. Golf balls just don't sound the same when I hit them and they hit them.

Up bright and early and at the range. These guys are good. Golf balls just don't sound the same when I hit them and they hit them.

Their power is amazing, and incredible short games to go with it!

Anyone in particular you are looking forward to seeing today?

Their power is amazing, and incredible short games to go with it!

Anyone in particular you are looking forward to seeing today?

Hoping to catch Trevor Immelmann, and Patrick Cantlay grouping.

Actually Jhonattan Vegas just hit the range. Haven't seem that guy in awhile.

Vegas came crashing down after a good year. Has a lot of game. He'll be back up for sure.

And always great to watch a Master's champion. I'm pulling for Trevor.

Yeah Vegas can still swing a club.

Big bomber Bobby Gates just showed up to the range. He should be fun to watch.

Had my head buried in my phone and am standing right behind Kelly Kraft....

The first groups are going off and we are under way for the third round.

Weather is rolling in and getting overcast, rain isn't supposed to show up til later this afternoon though. Hoping it will hold off though.

I am going to be following the Steve Marino, Cameron Percy, Luke List group for a couple of holes and then try and catch up with the leader group a little later. Should be fun to watch.

I am going to be following the Steve Marino, Cameron Percy, Luke List group for a couple of holes and then try and catch up with the leader group a little later. Should be fun to watch.

Have fun!

All pars on 10 (This group started off the back). Double L with a great save out of the trees and Percy and Marino with routine pars.

Back